UGC NET 2022 application form may release in March 2022. The National Testing Agency will conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET) on the behalf of UGC. This exam will be conducted in order to assess the eligibility of the candidates aspiring for the job of Assistant Professor or junior research fellow.
The mode of application will be online and the candidates need to fill and submit the UGC NET 2022 application form through the official website. Through this article, the aspirant can check all the necessary details regarding UGC NET 2022 such as important date, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Date
NTA will release the schedule for UGC NET 2022 soon. Please find the tentative dates below:
|Starting of UGC NET 2022 online registration||March 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||April 2022|
|Last date for Application fee submission||April 2022|
|Availability of admit card||June 2022|
|Date of Examination||July 2022|
NTA UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates should make sure that they are eligible for the exam before submitting the application form. NTA UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria will be as follows:
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- For JRF, the age of an applicant should not be more than 30 years as on 1st July 2022.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years will be given to the candidates from OBC, SC, ST, PwD and transgender categories.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years will also be given to all the women applicants.
- Candidates with research experience will also be eligible for relaxation up to 5 years according to the time period spent by the candidate on research.
- The applicants with LLM Degree will get the relaxation of 3 years in the upper age.
For Assistant Professor:
- There is no upper age limit in order to apply for Assistant Professor.
- The candidate must possess a post graduation degree with a minimum of 55% marks. (50% for the candidates from OBC /SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender categories)
- The aspirants appearing in the final year exam of PG degree may also apply. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and they will be required to clear the master’s degree exam with 55% marks within 2 years.
- The Ph.D. degree holder who has completed his/her master’s before 19th September 1991 will be eligible for 5% relaxation in minimum marks required in the qualifying exam.
UGC NET Application Form 2022
UGC NET 2022 online registration will be processed through the official website of NTA i..e http://www.nta.ac.in/Home. The candidates can also find a direct link to fill the application form on this page after the release of official notification. The aspirants have to provide all the necessary education and personal details in the application form.
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
After filling the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature in a prescribed format as given below:
|Photograph||JPG||4 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)|
|Signature||JPG||4 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).|
UGC NET 2022 application form will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee. It is recommended that the applicant should keep the printout of duly filled application form safe for the future reference.
Note: There will be no requirement to send the hard copy of application form to the CBSE office.
UGC NET Application Fee 2022
UGC NET 2022 application fee for different categories is given in the table below
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment
- The application fee for UGC NET Examination 2022 can be paid either in online or offline mode. In online mode the candidates can pay the application fee via online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- In offline the application fee will be paid by cash using an e-challan in any of the Syndicate, Canara or ICICI Bank.
- Money Order, Demand Draft or IPOs will be rejected.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
The Exam pattern for UGC NET 2022 is illustrated in the table below
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Papers in exam||2 i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Only objective type of Questions will be asked|
|Marks per Question||Each question will carry 2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||There will be no negative Marking|
Distribution of Questions in UGC NET 2022 exam will be in the following way
|Paper/Session||Number of Questions||Topics||Marks|
|Paper 1||50 Question||Reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness and divergent|
|Paper 2||100 Questions||Based on the subject selected by the candidate||200|
The candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website. The candidates please note that the board will not send the admit card via post. It will be mandatory for an applicant to carry the admit card along with one photo identity proof at the examination center. The information about UGC NET Exam Date 2022 and venue will be mentioned on the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
The captured images of OMR Sheets will be uploaded along with answer keys after the commencement of UGC NET 2022 exam. The candidate can also challenge the uploaded images of OMR sheets as well as answer keys by filling an online application form from the official website and paying a sum of Rs. 1000/- per question. If the challenge is accepted by NTA then the paid amount will be refunded.
UGC NET Certificate
The candidates please note that the NTA will only conduct the exam and declare the result. The process of issuing e-certificates to the qualified candidates will be administrated by UGC-NET Bureau.
The candidates who will clear the UGC NET 2022 exam have to contact the below address for the e-certificate.
UGC NET Bureau,
University of Delhi, South Campus,
Benito Juarez Marg , New Delhi
Phone No. (011-24116316, 24115416, 24115419)