The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting UGC NET 2021 examination to determine a candidate’s eligibility for the post of “Assistant professor” and “Junior research fellowship and assistant professor both” in Indian universities/colleges. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. Candidates should ensure their eligibility status before filling the application form. The exam will be conducted in online mode and will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Questions asked in Paper-I will be common to all the candidates whereas Paper-II will only contain subject-specific questions.
UGC NET Phase 2 has scheduled to be held on 24th, 26th and 27th December 2021.
UGC NET 2021 admit card is available from 1st Oct 2021. The exam for December 2020 and June 2021 cycle has been revised (6th to 8th October 2021 and 17th to 19th October 2021)
UGC NET 2021 exam for December cycle has been postponed now.
UGC NET 2021 Highlights
- Only online application form will be accepted by the authority. No printed application form shall be made available for the exam.
- Candidates should ensure that they possess a valid email id and phone number in order to register for the exam.
- Aadhar card is mandatory for registering for the exam. A candidate who doesn’t provide the Aadhar information will not be allowed to submit the application form.
- Multiple applications shall be rejected by the NTA. Therefore, candidates should fill only one application form for the exam.
- The eligibility only ‘for Assistant Professor’ or for ‘both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
- Those who qualify JRF will be eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or related subject.
- Candidates should fill and submit the application form on time to avoid last-minute technical errors and glitches.
UGC NET 2021 Important Dates
The official schedule of the UGC NET exam is as follows-
|UGC NET 2021||Important Dates|
|Application process restarts||10th August 2021|
|Deadline||5th September 2021|
|Fee payment deadline||6th September 2021|
|Correction||7th September to 12th September 2021|
|Admit card||13th November 2021|
|Date of exam||24th, 26th and 27th December 2021 (phase 2)|
|Answer key||December 2021|
|Activities||Dec 20 Cycle(May 2021)|
|Application form starts from||2nd Feb 2021|
|Application form close by||2nd March 2021|
|Application form submission deadline||03 March 2021(till 11:50 pm)|
|Application form correction starts||05 March 2021|
|Application form correction ends||09 March 2021|
|Admit card to be available||To be announced|
|Date of examination||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 May 2021|
|Result to be published||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria of UGC NET 2021
The eligibility conditions for appearing in UGC NET examination are as follows-
Age limit: For the post of JRF, the age of the candidates should not exceed 30 years. However, candidates from reserved category can claim relaxation in age as per the rules. There is no upper age limit for the post of assistant professor.
- Candidates should have scored minimum 55% aggregate marks in Master’s degree or its equivalent examination from UGC recognized universities.
- Those in the final year of Master’s degree or whose results are awaited can also apply for the exam.
- D degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991 will also be given a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- Candidates should appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. Those whose post graduation subject is not mentioned by the authority shall appear for the related subject.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
- Candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989 need not appear for the test.
- Candidates who have cleared SET prior to 1st June 2002 are also exempted from appearing in NET exam and can apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- Candidates who have passed SET held after 1st June 2002 are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges located in the concerned state.
UGC NET 2021 Application form
The application form for UGC NET examination will only be released in online mode. Candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website of the NTA. Candidates need to provide correct information in the application form. They are also required to note down the system generated application number for future use. After filling the application form, candidates will be asked to upload the scanned photograph and signature in the form in a prescribed format. Applicants should review their details before proceeding for the fee payment section.
In case, the candidates commit a mistake while filling the form and realized this after its submission, then the authority will provide a correction window to make changes in the application form. Candidates must pay the required amount of application fee failing which their application will be rejected. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the NTA to avoid rejection and disappointment. Candidates need not send the copy of the confirmation page to the authority.
Mode of payment: Payment of the application fee can be made through credit card, debit card, internet banking and E-Challan of SBI bank. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
Candidates can take a good look at the exam pattern for UGC NET exam provided below-
- Exam mode: Online (computer-based)
- Duration: 3 hours (Paper-I will be of 1 hour and Paper-II will be of 2 hours)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total number of papers: Two i.e. Paper-I (General) and Paper-II (Subject-specific)
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for correct answer
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Paper||Subject/Topic||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|I||General awareness, reasoning ability and divergent thinking comprehension||50||100|
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus
The complete syllabus can be downloaded from the official website of the NTA. However, here we’re providing you with the syllabus for some of the subjects-
- Teaching and Research Aptitude: Teaching aptitude, research aptitude, communication, reading comprehension, logical reasoning, ICT, data interpretation, people and environment, higher education system etc.
- History: Basic concepts, ideas and terms, ancient Indian history, medieval Indian history, history of modern India, world history, etc.
- Political Science: Political theory and thoughts, comparative politics, Indian government and politics, public administration, International relations, world politics, etc.
- Philosophy: Classical Indian philosophy, modern Indian thinkers, modern western philosophy, etc.
- Economics: Micro-economics, Macro-economics, planning and development, public finance, Indian economy, statistical methods etc.
- Law: Constitutional Law of India, Legal Theory, Public International Law, Family Law, Law of Torts, Labour Law, Law of Crimes, etc
Preparation tips to crack UGC NET examination
Here are some important preparation tips that will help the candidates in scoring good marks in the exam-
- Preparation of UGC NET exam needs time as the syllabus for the exam is exhaustive in nature. Candidates should maintain calm and start their studies from the scratch to grab the basic concepts first.
- Make a habit of reading newspaper and analyze the scenarios and what could be done for mark things better. Develop a perspective on a topic.
- Make your own notes. There are plenty of hand-made notes available in printed form but the real practice can only happen when you write in your own words.
- Join a test series if possible. You can also take the help of the internet in preparing for the exam.
- Stay away from distractions that can interfere with your daily study schedule such as relatives visit, wedding, and other events.
- Maintain the consistency in studies. Do not lose momentum and always motivate yourself.
UGC NET 2021 Admit card
- Candidates can download the admit card of the UGC NET 2021 by visiting the official website of the NTA.
- There are two ways to download the hall ticket -1) through application number and password and 2) through application number and date of birth.
- The details printed on the admit card should be thoroughly checked and if discrepancy if found then it must be communicated to the authority without further delay.
- Candidates need to take the printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for further use.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to bring the admit card to the exam hall or else they won’t be permitted by the authority to take the test.
- Candidates also need to carry a valid ID proof and PWD certificate (if applicable) along with the hall ticket.
- Candidates can check their UGC NET 2021 result from the web portal of the NTA.
- The result will most likely be announced a few weeks after the commencement of the exam.
- NTA will also release the answer key on its website. Candidates can challenge the answer key on payment of Rs. 1000/- per question.
- Candidates need to score the minimum cut-off marks decided by the NTA in order to pass the test.
- Based on the scores obtained in UGC NET exam, candidates can apply to different colleges/universities for the post of JRF or assistant professor.