UGC NET 2020: Application Form (Till 30 Apr), Syllabus, Eligibility, Pattern
UGC NET 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the UGC NET 2020 exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). This exam will be conducted to determine the eligibility of the candidates for the post of assistant professor and junior research fellow (JRF).
The application form for UG NET 2020 (June) is now available online from 16th March 2020 tentatively. The exam will be held in many slots and candidates will be able to choose the date of the exam as per their preference. In this article, we will discuss all the necessary details regarding UGC NET 2020 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc.
News: UGC NET 2020 (June) application form has been released by 16th March 2020, the exam is going to be conducted on 15th to 20th June 2020. The last date to apply has been extended till 30th April 2020. Get more about the application form
UGC NET 2020 Important Dates
The official dates for UGC NET 2020 exam is given in the table below:
For June 2020
|Important Events||Official Dates|
|Release of application form||16th March to |
|Fee payment deadline||17th April 2020 up to 11.50PM|
|Corrections in the application form||18th to 24th April 2020|
|Admit card will be available||15th May 2020|
|Exam Date||15th to 20th June 2020|
|Result||5th July 2020|
For December 2020 session
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of September 2020|
|Last date to submit online application form||Last week of September 2020|
|Date of Exam||1st week of December 2020 to 3rd week of December 2020|
|Declaration of result||Last week of January 2021|
Crucial information at a glance
- The online submission of UGC NET 2020 application form will start from 16th March 2020.
- It will be only possible to apply for UGC NET in online mode. If you submit your application through any other mode then it won’t be accepted.
- Candidates must submit only one application for the exam.
- The official website to access UGC NET application form is ntanet.nic.in.
- Candidates must provide their own email address and mobile number in the application form.
- UGC NET will be held as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only.
- The exam will comprise of two papers. All the questions will be objective type questions only. Candidates need to take the exam over a break of 30 minutes between them.
- Candidates’ eligibility only ‘for Assistant Professor’ or for ‘both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend upon how they performed in both the papers.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to apply for UGC NET 2020
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- For JRF, the maximum age limit will be 30 years as on 1st January 2020.
- A relaxation of 5 years will be given to the candidates from reserved categories.
- LLM Degree holder will get the relaxation of 3 years in upper age.
For Assistant Professor
- There are no age limits for Assistant professor
- The applicant must have a PG degree with at least 55% marks (50% for the candidates from reserved categories)
- The candidates who will appear for the final year exam of Post graduation in the year 2020 can also apply.
UGC NET Application Form 2020
The application form for UGC NET 2020 exam will be available only in online mode. The candidates have to fill and submit the application form through the official website. We will also provide a direct link to the application form on this page when available. The aspirants have to enter the details and upload the scanned copies of recent photograph and signature on the application form.
There will be no requirement to send the hard copy of application form to the NTA office.
Particulares need to be filled in the application form
It is compulsory to have the following information before starting the online registration process for UGC NET 2020:
- Board or University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, and Date of Birth
- ID proof- Bank A/c Number/ Ration Card/ Passport Number/ Other Govt ID
- Aadhaar card
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or marks sheet of the last semester
- Mailing and permanent address with pin code
- Four choice of exam centre cities
- NET subject code
- Subject code at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation course
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Your own mobile number and email address
- Scanned copy of images in JPG/JPEG format- Photograph (10 kb to 200 kb) and Signature(4 kb to 30 kb)
How to Apply for UGC NET 2020?
Part I- Register yourself
- Provide your name, father’s name and mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number and email address
Part II- Fill up the application form
- Choose your category. Candidates who do not fall under OBC-NCL category they must choose their category as General.
- Provide your mailing and permanent address with pin code
- Give four choices of exam centre cities.
- Select NET subject
- Select subject at postgraduate level
- Select the post graduation course
Part III- Upload Scanned images
- Photograph in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 10 kb to 200 kb
- Signature in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Part IV- Make Payment
Make a payment of application fee using Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking, e-challan and keep proof of payment. The application fee for UGC NET 2020 for different categories will be as follows:
- General Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer) Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC, ST, PWD, Transgender Candidates: Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment
The candidates can be application fee in both online and offline mode
- Online mode: In this mode, the candidates have to submit the application fee via online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or Net Banking.
- Offline Mode: In offline mode, the applicants have to take a printout of e-challan and submit the fees by cash at any branch of the syndicate, Canara or ICICI Bank.
Part V: Take a printout of the confirmation page.
UGC NET Solved Papers (2014-2018) – Buy Now
UGC NET Application Form Correction 2020
NTA offers one-time correction facility for candidates who have inadvertently submitted wrong data in their application form. Changes can be made in all parts of the application form. Students have pay extra charge if it becomes due while making the correction in the Category field in the application form. One can pay the amount using a debit/credit card or e-challan. The correction facility will be accessible at the official website of NTA www.ntanet.nic.in for a specific period of time.
Please note the correction facility is only accessible to candidates who have submitted their application along with making payment of application fee. It’s a one-time facility-, so be careful while making necessary corrections.
Errors Associated to Photograph and Signature
There are a number of discrepancies reported in photograph and signature. Here are few notable errors which lead to rejection of your photograph/signature:
- Blurred or hazy photograph
- Red-eyes occurred due to improper flash
- Inaccurate size or dimension e.g. Stamp size photo
- Focus is not proper on face
- Scenery in the background of selfies with people.
- Not looking straight to the camera- might be looking here and there.
- Fancy glasses or Dark sunglasses hiding face/eyes
- Horizontal photograph & vertical signature
- Undetectable signature due to poor scanning or very small size
- Drawing a fancy circle or line instead of a signature
- Signature in Capital letters instead of writing it in running handwriting.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
The UGC NET 2020 exam will be consisting of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. The detailed exam pattern of both the papers are given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Medium of Exam: Question will be asked in both Hindi and English language
- Marking: Two marks will be given for the correct answer.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Paper 1: All the questions are generic in nature, willing to assess the research/teaching aptitude of the student. Candidates are tested in terms of their reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
- Paper II: The second paper will comprise questions from the subject chosen by a candidate. All the questions of Paper II are compulsory.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
First shift :
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of UGC NET depends upon the subject selected by the candidates. There are around 100 subjects that are included in the UGC NET exam. As you can see in the exam pattern, the exam will be divided into two parts i.e. Part I and Part II. The syllabus of Part I will be common for every candidate and will include topics like Reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness and divergent.
The syllabus of Part II will be based on the subjects selected by the candidates.
How to prepare for UGC NET 2020?
UGC NET is considered one of the toughest exams to clear because a large number of candidates appear for this exam every year. The aspiring candidates may follow the tips mentioned below in order to perform well in the UGC NET 2020 exam.
- A study from good quality help books which are written by renowned writers.
- Solve previous year’s question papers and mock tests, so that you can simulate the exam and understand exam pattern in a better way.
- Make short notes for all the important topics and revise from them regularly.
- Read current affair magazines and newspapers.
- Think positive and stay away from any type of anxiety.
Recommended Books for UGC NET 2020
There are a lot of books available for the preparation of UGC NET Paper 1 as this paper of common for every candidate. For paper 2, you need to study from the books for specific subjects you will select for the exam. The recommended books for Paper 1 are as follows:
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude by Arihant Publication
- CBSE UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by KVS Madaan
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be made available online through the official website. Please remember that you have to download and print the admit card, NTA will not send it by post. Every candidate has to carry admit card at the exam center. Along with the admit card, the candidates will also have to carry a photo identity proof in original at the UGC NET 2020 exam center.
- The admit card will be issued provisionally to candidates.
- Candidates are required to download their admit card from the official website of NTA.
- Candidates have to take the exam according to the date and time mentioned on admit card.
- Candidates must read the guidelines provided on admit card.
- If there are some sort of errors found in the admit card, candidates should immediately contact UGC NET helpline.
- Under no circumstances, a duplicate admit card would be issued to candidates at exam centre.
- Candidates must not mutilate the Admit Card or make changes in the particulars therein.
- They must preserve their admit card in a safe condition for future reference.
The NTA is will display the answer key of questions at the official website of NTA www.ntanet.nic.in. The authority gives students the opportunity to challenge the answer key. It is displayed for two to three days.
One can put his/ her challenge against the answer key just by making payment of Rs.1000/- per question.
The decision of NTA will be final in this regard and will be displayed in terms of UGC NET final answer key.
UGC NET 2020 Result
The NTA will declare the result online on the official website. In addition to the result, the answer keys will also be released by the authorities so that the candidates can match their answers with the correct ones. It is expected that the result will be declared by 5th July 2020.
Criteria to be followed for the declaration of result
Following steps will be followed:
- Step 1: The number of qualified candidates should be equal to 6% of the candidates took both the papers of NET.
- Step 2: The total slots are to be allocated based on reservation norms
- Step 3: To be eligible for ‘both JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Assistant Professor Only’, candidates are required to score minimum 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (35% for SC, ST, OBC-NCL, PwD, Transgender).
The candidates who will clear the UGC NET 2020 exam have to contact the below-mentioned address for the issuance of e-certificate.
UGC NET Bureau,
University of Delhi, South Campus,
Benito Juarez Marg, New Delhi
Phone No: (011-24116316, 24115416, 24115419)
UGC NET 2020 FAQ
Ques: Is Aadhaar mandatory to apply for UGC NET Jan 2020?
Ans: Aadhaar is one of the government-issued ID and hence not mandatory. You can also enter your ration card number, bank account number, passport number or any other govt-issued ID card.
Ques: Can I get refund if didn’t appear in the exam due to any reason?
Ans: No, the refund of application fee can’t be claimed.
Ques: How can I pay the examination fee?
Ans: You can pay the examination fee through any Credit/ Debit Card using SBI/ HDFC/ Syndicate/ICICI on-line gateway payment facility/Net Banking and SBI E-Challan.
Ques: My master’s degree result is yet to be released or I am in the first year of master’s degree. Can I apply for UGC NET exam?
Ans: Candidates, who are pursuing their Master’s degree or its equivalent course and those have appeared in the final year of their qualifying examination and whose result is yet to be announced or candidates whose qualifying examination are delayed are eligible to take the test. However, such categories of candidates are admitted provisionally and will be considered for the award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only once they pass the Master’s degree or its equivalent.
Ques: Am I eligible to apply for multiple subjects in UGC NET?
Ans: No, you are allowed to apply for only one subject that can be selected from the subjects given in the information bulletin. Filling multiple forms will lead to cancellation of your application form.
Ques: What is the age limit for Assistant Professor?
Ans: There are no such criteria defined by the concerned authority.
Ques: Can I cancel the application form once submitted?
Ans: No, you can’t cancel or withdraw the application form once submitted.
Ques: I didn’t get my admit card. Where do I need to contact?
Ans: The admit card will not be sent to you. You need to download it from the official website. If you face any sort of difficulties please contact the authority at email@example.com.
Ques: Can I change my exam centre once the roll number is allotted?
Ans: No, it can’t be changed under any circumstances.
Ques: What do I need to bring to the examination centre?
Ans: You need to bring the following to the exam centre:
- Admit card along with one passport size photograph affixed on it;
- One additional passport size photograph that needs to be affixed on the attendance sheet.
You are not allowed to bring any other items. There are no such arrangements for the safekeeping of your materials.
Ques: Whether the test will be conducted online or offline?
Ans: It will be a Computer-based test.
Ques: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans: No, there will be no negative marking in the exam.
Ques: What is the official website to access UGC NET application form?
Ans: The official website to access UGC NET application form is www.ntanet.nic.in.
NTA NET 2020 Helpline Number: 7703859909, 8076535482
Email for Queries: ugcnet-nta[@]nic.in
Download Here UGC NET last year’s brochure