The Department of Technical Education, Telangana conducts TS Polycet 2023 for shortlisting candidates for admission to diploma courses. On the basis of candidates’ performance in this Telangana Polytechnic 2023 entrance test they will be granted enrolment in to different government and private polytechnic colleges of the state. TS Polycet application for the exam is likely to release in 1st week of May 2023 and can be filled through online mode. The Pen and paper based entrance test will be most probably held in the month of July 2023. This article provides the complete details related to the TS POLYCET 2023
TS Polycet 2023
- Candidates who find any difficulty in submission of online application can approach the nearest help centers facilitated by the board.
- In case of non-availability of admit card, the candidates can reach the nearest help line center.
- Urdu medium candidates will be allotted separate exam center where assistance will be provided for translation at the time of exam.
- In case the application form of the candidate is rejected due to any reason, no correspondence in this regard will be sent.
- OMR booklet provided to the candidates for marking their answer should be filled very carefully as no second OMR sheet will be made available.
- Those who fail to report for counseling or admission in the given time period will lose their seat and forfeit their candidature.
TS POLYCET 2023 Exam Dates
The table below presents the official dates related to TS POLYCET 2023:
|Online application form release date||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date of filing of online Application Form with late fee Rs. 100/-||4th week of June 2023|
|Date of entrance test||3rd week of July 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||4th week of July 2023|
TS POLYCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the basic eligibility for appearing in the TS POLYCET 2023:
- There is no restriction on the age limit for appearing in the entrance test.
- The candidates must be citizen of India.
- Applicants should belong to the state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh.
- A pass in the SSC examination or equivalent from Telangana state board with Mathematics as a subject and at least 35% marks in aggregate is required.
- Those who have passed the SSC exam from any other board need to score at least 35% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates who will appear in the SSC exam in the year 2023 can also apply for the entrance test.
TS POLYCET 2023 Application Form
- The online application form for TS POLYCET 2023 can be obtained from the official website www.polycetts.nic.in.
- Details like class 10 hall ticket number, name, date of birth, address, father’s name, category, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature need to be uploaded into the application.
- Candidates also need to provide the choice of exam center and exam medium in the application form.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, it can be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the duly filled application fee should be taken by the candidates after submission and should be kept safe for future correspondence.
- For general candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 400/- and for SC/ ST candidates it will be Rs. 250/-.
- Application fee payment can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking facility or through cash at TS online/ Meeseva.
TS POLYCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview of TS POLYCET 2023 is provided below.
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR sheet)
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Question paper language: Telugu and English
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
TS POLYCET 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card to appear for the POLYCET can be downloaded from the official website www.polycetts.nic.in.
- Alternatively, the candidates can also visit the help line center to obtain their admit card.
- The operator at the help line center will enter the information as provided by the candidates and generate their admit card.
- Candidates should report for the exam carrying their admit card or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The admit card is an important document that can also be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe.
TS POLYCET 2023 Result
- The result of TS POLYCET 2023 is expected to be released within 15 days from the date of the entrance test.
- Along with result, the rank cards of the candidates will also be made available on the official website.
- Rank cards will also be dispatched by the authorities within a week from the result declaration date.
- Ranks will be assigned to the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test.
- As per the ranking, a list of the candidates will be prepared and they will be called for the counseling round accordingly.
TS POLYCET 2023 Counseling
- The candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per the scheduled released by the authorities in time.
- At the time of counseling the documents of the candidates will be verified and they will be allowed to provide their choice for trade and institute.
- Upon successful verification of the documents seats will be allotted to the candidates according to their choice and merit.
- Selected candidates need to report to the allotted institute to complete the formalities of admission like payment of fee, submission of document, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: The spelling of my name in the admit card is wrong. What should I do now?
Answer: Any mistake found in the admit card must be corrected immediately by visiting the nearest help line centers. Candidates who report to the exam center with incorrect admit card will not be allowed to continue their test.
Question 2: Is there any exemption from appearing in the TS POLYCET?
Answer: Candidates seeking admission to diploma courses in Hotel Management and Catering Technology, and in Pharmacy need not appear for the POLYCET. Admission into these courses will be provided on the basis of marks in the 12th or equivalent exam.
Question 3: How can I fill my application form with the help of the help line centers?
You need to reach any of the nearest help line centers set up by the board along with all the important documents. The operator present there will fill the application form on your behalf and ask for your confirmation to submit. You should check all the details entered by him and then provide the permission to proceed. You can pay the prescribed application fee in cash.