Telangana State PG Law Common Entrance Test (TS PGLCET 2023) is a state-level entrance exam conducted to select the candidates for admission to LLM course. The candidates who wish to enroll into the law colleges of Telangana state can apply for the exam. Application form for the same might release in the month of April 2023. The entrance test is likely to be conducted in July 2023. Detailed information regarding the TS PGLCET 2023 is provided here in this post.
TS PGLCET 2023
- In case of any error in the application form, the candidates can make modification during the time the correction window is open.
- Avoid using back/ refresh or any other buttons during the registration fee payment through online mode as it can hamper the whole process of registration.
- Exam center choice should be selected by the candidates at the time of application. Once allotted, no change will be possible in the exam center.
- Only successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card for appearing in the exam.
- In case of any query, the candidates can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or can contact at the Office Number 040 27070028.
TS PGLCET 2023 Exam Dates
The official dates related to TS PGLCET 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Online notification release date||April 2023|
|Beginning of online registration process||April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application with a late fee of Rs. 500/-||June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application with a late fee of Rs. 1000/-||July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application with a late fee of Rs. 2000/-||July 2023|
|Correction in application form already submitted||July 2023|
|Last date to correct the application form||July 2023|
|Availability of admit card||July 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||July 2023|
|Release of preliminary answer key||July 2023|
|Last date to submit objections on the answer key||July 2023|
|Announcement of final answer key and result||July 2023|
TS PGLCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The below-mentioned eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates for TS PGLCET exam 2023:
Nationality and domicile:
The candidate should be an Indian National and should satisfy local/ unreserved status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 and the amendments made there to from time to time.
- Candidates need to hold a LLB/ BL degree in order to be eligible for appearing in the TS PGLCET 2023 exam.
- Those seeking admission into LLM course (Private Appearance) of the Osmania University, Hyderabad should have a minimum experience of 3 years as judicial officer or 3 years standing as an advocate on the date of appearing for the entrance exam.
- A candidate appearing for LLB/ BL degree final year exam may appear in the TS PGLCET given that they pass the exam on or before the counseling.
TS PGLCET 2023 Application Form
- Application form for TS PGLCET 2023 will be released online and can be obtained by the candidates by visiting the official website.
- The first step towards filling the application form is the payment of desired application fee.
- For this, the candidates will have to fill a fee payment form providing basic details like name, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Once the payment is done successfully, the candidates can obtain and fill the application form using the user id and password generated after fee payment.
- To fill the application form, the candidates are required to provide their rest personal details, academic details, etc.
- Candidates also need to upload their photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- After all the details are entered correctly into the form, it can be submitted online.
- A printout of the submitted application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
The candidates need to pay the application fee for the entrance exam through online mode using credit card/ debit card/ net banking or by visiting TS – AP online center.
Category-wise application fee structure is provided below as:
- For general/ OBC candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 800/-
TS PGLCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the TS PGLCET exam pattern 2023 is provided below.
- Exam mode: Computer-based test
- Duration of exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Medium of test: English
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
|Parts||Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Part A||Constitutional Law||20||20|
|Part B||Crimes and Torts||16||16|
|Public International Law||16||16|
|IPR and Other Laws||16||16|
TS PGLCET 2023 Syllabus
Check out the syllabus for the TS PGLCET 2023 exam below.
- Constitutional Law: Center-State Relations, Emergency Provisions, Fundamental Rights, Amendments to the Constitution, Directive Principles of State Policy and Executive Judiciary & Legislature
- Jurisprudence: Ownership and Possession, Schools of Jurisprudence, Sources of Law, Persons, Property, Obligation, Liability, Legal Sanctions, Custom Precedent & Legislation and Rights & Duties
- Crimes and Torts: India Penal Code- General Principle and General Exceptions, Joint Liability, Consumer Protection Act 1986, General Principles of Tort, State Liability for Torts and Defences
- Labor Law: Industrial Disputes Act 1947 and Trade Union Act 1926
- Mercantile Law: General Principles of Contract (Sections 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872)
- Public International Law: Nationality and Statelessness, State Jurisdiction, International Law & Municipal Law, Subjects of International Law, Air, Sea and Outer Space, Extradition, Asylum, State Territory and United Nations
- IPR and Other Laws: Copyright Act 1957, Patents Act 1970, Right to Information Act 2005, Human Rights, The Protection Of Human Rights Act 1993, Environment (Protection) Act 1986 and Salient features of Information Technology Act 2000
TS PGLCET 2023 Admit Card
- The TS PGLCET admit card 2023 will be made available online on the official website www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Candidates can download the admit card using their registration details and should take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- Important details of the exam along with the basic details of the candidates will be printed on the admit card.
- Applicants who do not carry a valid admit card with them will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- It is advised that the candidates preserve their admit card till the whole process of admission is over.
TS PGLCET 2023 Answer Key
- TS PGLCET answer key will be released on the official website a few days after the exam is over.
- Candidates can submit their objections on the answer key with proper proof and a prescribed amount of fee.
- Based on the objections received, the concerned authorities will prepare a final answer key and publish it on the website again.
- No objection can be raised on the final answer and the result will be declared as per the final answer key.
TS PGLCET 2023 Result & Counseling
- The authorities will announce the result of the entrance exam online on the official website www.pglcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Rank card containing the rank of the candidates will also be made available on the website for download by the candidates.
- A merit list of the candidates will be drawn on the basis of their ranking and they will be called for counseling as per this list.
- At the time of counseling, documents of the candidates will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for college.
- Upon successful verification, the candidates will be allotted seats into the law colleges based on their choice and ranking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Are entrance test centers available in other states of India?
Answer: Apart from Telangana, selected entrance test centers will be available in state of Andhra Pradesh only, but not in other states of India.
Question 2: Will the university send me my rank card in case I am not able to download it from the website?
Answer: No rank card will be sent to the candidates via post or courier and therefore must be downloaded from the official website in time. The rank card is required necessarily at the time of counseling.
Question 3: Can entrance test fee be refunded in case the candidate wrongly pays the fee for LLB course?
Answer: No. Once fee is paid wrongly, it will be forfeited and will not be refunded.