TS PGECET 2017 exam is also known as Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test. It is organized every year by the Osmania University which is also the conducting authority of this exam. This exam is basically conducted as a qualifying exam for admitting candidates to the postgraduate programmes of engineering courses of M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch. in the colleges of Telangana state. Read more about the TS PGECET 2017 and its related terms below.
About the Exam
Some basic details about the TS PGECET exam are stated as follows.
- Name of exam: TS PGECET
- Also known as: Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test
- Level of exam: State Level
- Conducting Authorities: Osmania University
TS PGECET 2017 – Eligibility Conditions
The eligibility conditions for an exam are defined as a set of certain rules and conditions that are required to be satisfied by the candidates. Without these rules being satisfied, the candidates are not allowed to participate in the selection process or the written exam. Therefore, before applying for the exam, the candidates must verify themselves against the eligibility conditions of the exam. The TS PGECET 2017 eligibility conditions are given as follows.
- Candidates must be a resident of Telangana State only.
- Candidates must hold a B.Tech./B.E./AMIE degree with at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates) at the time of application.
- Candidates holding an engineering degree from a distance course are also eligible in case their degrees have been approved by the AICTE/DEC.
TS PGECET 2017 – Application Form
Candidates who want to take part in this exam must apply for the exam by filling the application form for the exam. The application forms will be filled online on the official portal of the exam. The process shall probably start in the month of March 2017. This shall be notified soon by the authorities. The link at which the application form of TS PGECET 2017 can be filled and submitted will be mentioned in the following section of the post as soon as the release has been done by the authorities.
Link of application form: www.TS PGECET.org
To start applying, the candidates must click on the link posted above.
- The candidates will be required to fill the registration details.
- They shall first be required to pay the application fee and then complete the rest of the form.
- The next step shall be to upload the required documents such as the photograph in the specified formats.
- After that, the candidates will receive a registration number as SMS on their mobile number and email. This must be preserved by them for future.
- The form can finally be submitted now and a printout of the same must be taken.
Application Fee Details: Payment of the application fee must be done via debit/credit cards or in cash at the AP online centres.
- Fee for general category candidates: Rs.500
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs.250
TS PGECET 2017 – Exam Pattern
The exam pattern shows the basic details regarding the question paper of the exam. This may include the details such as how the paper is set, what type of questions are asked, how much marks and time are allotted for the paper etc. These are some of the basic details which must be familiar to the candidates so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. The exam pattern for TS PGECET 2017 is given below.
- The type of questions asked in the paper will be objective type questions.
- The total time allowed for solving the paper is 2 hours only.
- The medium of the exam paper is English only.
- The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 120 questions.
- Negative marking is not applicable.
TS PGECET 2017 – Admit Card
- The admit card for the exam will be released a few days before the exam in the month of May 2017. It will bear a lot of identifying information on the exam as well as the candidate.
- Entries in the exam hall will not be allowed sans the admit card.
- The candidates should however keep the document in good condition till the admissions are over as it will be required in a lot of phases of TS PGECET 2017.
- Admit card will be non-transferrable and any unfair means will lead to rejection.
TS PGECET 2017 – Cut Off
- The exam cutoffs will be released by the exam authorities.
- The cutoff can be defined as the minimum exam score which must be secured by the candidates in order to qualify the exam.
- The cutoff marks will be different for different categories and courses.
- All the details on the exam cutoff will be made available on this page with the release.
TS PGECET 2017 – Result:
- The results are expected to be released in the month of June 2017.
- The publishing of the exam results will be done on the official website of the exam.
- The result shall contain the names, exam scores and ranks of the candidates who qualify the written exam.
TS PGECET 2017 – Important Dates
|Application process begins||March 2017|
|Application process ends||April 2017|
|Application process with late fee ends||June 2017|
|Admit card will be available||May 2017|
|Date of exam||June 2017|
|Date of result||June 2017|
|Date of counselling||September 2017|