Admission into MBA and MCA course offered by the universities of Telangana State will be offered on the basis of TS ICET 2023. It is a state-level entrance exam scheduled to be held most probably in the month of August 2022. Interested candidates can apply for the exam in online mode from April 2023. It is suggested that before applying, the candidates ensure the basic eligibility for appearing in the exam. Application form and fee once submitted cannot be withdrawn in any condition.
TS ICET 2023
- No correspondence regarding the rejected applications will be sent to the candidates.
- Qualifying marks in TS ICET will be expectedly 25% and there will be no minimum marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- Those with a qualifying degree obtained by Distance Mode Program, the degree should have recognition by UGC, AICTE and DEC/ DEB.
- The candidates appearing for the final year degree examination in the year 2023 will also be eligible to appear for the entrance test.
- Exam centers will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their choice and availability of seats at the chosen center.
TS ICET 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the official dates related to the TS ICET exam 2023:
|Official TS ICET notification release date||April 2023|
|Availability of online application form||April 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||June 2023|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee of Rs. 250/-||June 2023|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee of Rs. 500/-||July 2023|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||July 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||July 2023|
|Entrance exam date||August 2023|
|Publication of preliminary answer key||August 2023|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||September 2023|
|Final answer key display and result announcement||September 2023|
TS ICET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear for TS ICET 2023 are discussed below:
- Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian national.
- Domicile: Applicants should satisfy Local/ Non-Local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 2074 as amended up to date.
- Academic qualification:
- For MBA: The candidates need to hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for reserved categories).
- For MCA: Those with a minimum 3-year bachelor’s degree scoring an aggregate of not less than 50% marks (45% marks for reserved categories) with Mathematics at 10+2 level are eligible.
TS ICET 2023 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for the entrance test first need to apply for it by filling a form and paying a prescribed amount of fee. The application form for TS ICET 2023 will be released online on the official website www.icet.tsche.ac.in. The step-by-step instruction to fill and submit the form is provided below.
The first step will be payment of application fee. For this, the candidates need to fill a form providing basic details like name, date of birth, mobile number, category, email id, etc. After providing these details, click on the ‘proceed to payment’ option to make submission of the prescribed application fee. Payment of fees can be done using credit card/ debit card/ net banking or from TS/ AP Online center.
Once the payment of application fee is done successfully, you can go to the ‘fill application form’ on the website and start filling the application form. In the application form, the candidates need to provide their personal, academic, contact and other details. Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
Choice for exam center city should also be provided by the candidates into the application form. Choice for the medium of entrance test needs to be provided by the candidates into the form as well.
Once all the details are entered into the application form, the candidates should check for any error in it. Any mistake found at a later stage might not be corrected and therefore the candidates must check the form very carefully. The filled and cross-checked application form can then be submitted online.
The application fee will be Rs. 650/- (Rs. 450/- for SC/ ST candidates).
TS ICET 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the exam pattern for TS ICET 2023 below:
- Duration of exam: 150 minutes
- Exam mode: Computer-based test
- Medium of test: English & Telugu or English & Urdu (Communication Ability section will be in English only)
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: For every right answer 1 mark will be awarded
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Section A: Analytical Ability|
|Section B: Mathematical Ability|
|Algebraic & Geometrical Ability||30||30|
|Section C: Communication Ability|
|Business & Computer Terminology||10||10|
TS ICET 2023 Syllabus
The basic idea of the TS ICET syllabus has been provided below:
- Data Sufficiency: Question followed by data in the form of two statements to determine if the given data is sufficient to answer the question
- Problem Solving: Sequences and Series, Data Analysis, Coding & Decoding Problems and Date, Time & Arrangement Problems
- Arithmetical Ability: Laws of Indices, Ratio & Proportion, Surds, Numbers & Divisibility, LCM & GCD, Rational Numbers, Ordering, Percentages, etc
- Algebraic & Geometrical Ability: Statements, Truth tables, implication Converse & Inverse, Sets, Relations & Functions, Trigonometric Ratios, Trigonometric Identities, Plane Geometry, etc
- Statistical Ability: Frequency Distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation and Probability
- Vocabulary: Identify vocabulary used in day-to-day communication
- Business and Computer Terminology: Understanding of basic concepts of computer & business contexts
- Functional Grammar: Understanding the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication and in business contexts
- Reading Comprehension: Reading passages and questions based on them
TS ICET 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card for TS ICET 2023 from the official website.
- Candidates need to provide their registration number, date of birth and qualifying examination hall ticket number to download the admit card.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center.
- Those reporting at the exam center without a valid admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Admit card should be kept safe by the candidates till the whole admission process is over.
TS ICET 2023 Result
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam through online mode on the official website.
- Rank card of the candidates will be made available on the website for download and can be downloaded using ICET hall ticket number, registration number and date of birth.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- Counseling of the shortlisted candidates will be done as per their names in the merit list.
TS ICET 2023 Counseling
- Candidates who clear the entrance exam will be invited to attend the counseling round.
- At the time of counseling, documents of the candidates will be verified and they will be allowed to provide their choice for college.
- Upon successful document and eligibility verification, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Allotment of seats will be subject to the ranking of the candidates and availability of seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I receive the admit card through offline method?
Answer: No admit card will be sent to the candidates through post, courier, fax or any such means. The admit card can only be downloaded from the official website.
Question 2: I mistakenly entered my category incorrect. How can I change it?
Answer: Any incorrect detail in the application form including that of category cannot be changed once the form is registered with the convener.
Question 3: How can I get exam center of my choice?
Answer: Allotment of exam center will be done on the basis of first-come first-serve. To increase the chances of getting the exam center of your choice, try to submit the application as early as possible.