Admission into 2-year B.Ed degree programme offered by the Tamil Nadu Open University will be given on the basis of merit. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/ PG degree examination. Interested candidates can apply for the admission process hopefully from the month of September 2021. The filling and submission of application form will be done through offline mode. Complete details related to the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 can be found in this article.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 Main Highlights
- Duration of the programme will be 2 years. However, a maximum of 5 years will be given to the candidates to complete the course.
- The medium of instruction of the course will be both English and Tamil, the choice of which should be made by the candidates while filling the application form.
- The following subjects are offered under B.Ed. programme- Tamil, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Computer Science, Commerce and Economics.
- Other state candidates are not eligible to apply for B.Ed. Degree Programme offered by TNOU.
- Application form submitted without the application fee will be rejected summarily.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 Important Dates
The important dates related to the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 are given in the table below.
|Availability of application form||4th week of September 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||—|
|Release of merit list of the candidates||—|
|Beginning of admission process||—|
|Closing of admission process||—|
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria for the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022:
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanity or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission.
- For admission with Commerce and Economic as major subject, a post graduation degree is must.
- The candidates should have passed the UG degree examination in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 pattern.
- Applicants should be trained in-service teachers in elementary education (such as D.T.Ed.) in any Government recognized school within the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode are eligible too.
- Candidates, who have passed any degree under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration, are not eligible for admission.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 Application Form
Candidates can download the information brochure and the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022 application form by visiting the official website tnou.ac.in. After downloading, the candidates should fill the application form in their own handwriting.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to enter details such as name, date of birth, gender, community, special category, etc.
- A recent color photograph and signature of the applicant at specified places in the form is also required.
- Information related to school education, UG and PG education, teaching experience, etc will also be asked into the application form.
- The candidates should also provide their choice for medium of instruction for B.Ed course into the form.
- Once all the details are provided into the form, it can be sent to the university along with the important documents.
- An in-service certificate from the Head of the Institution providing the details of current experience with school seal and date should be attached with the application form.
The cost of the application form will be Rs. 500/-. Payment of the application fee can be done through demand draft drawn from any Nationalised Bank/ Scheduled Bank in favour of “Tamil Nadu Open University’, payable at Chennai.
TNOU B.Ed Merit List 2022
- Based on the marks scored by the candidate in major and ancillary or allied subject (both in theory and practical) in all the three years in the UG degree, a merit list will be drawn.
- For master’s students, the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG degree will be taken as the base for preparing the merit list.
- In case of a tie, inter-se-merit of the candidates will be determined on the basis of marks in major subject followed by the marks in allied subject.
- The final merit list will then be released and can be checked by the candidates by visiting the official website.
TNOU B.Ed 2022 Selection Process
- The applicants will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their ranking in the merit list.
- Candidates will be communicated the schedule for the admission process through the university’s website.
- The candidates should report at the venue at date and time mentioned in the schedule carrying all the important documents with them.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which they will be granted final admission.
- Applicants must complete all the admission formalities right on time to avoid the cancellation of admission.
Important Documents for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2022
The candidates must carry the following documents with them while reporting for the admission (original and attested copy):
- 10th Mark Statements
- 12th Mark Statements and D.T.Ed Certificate
- Qualifying Examination Mark Statement and Provisional/ UG/ PG Degree Certificate
- Community Certificate in case of BC-O/ BC-M/ SC-O/ SC-A/ ST/ MBC & DNC
- Certificate for Physically Handicapped/Ex-Serviceman issued by the Competent Authority
- Phil Degree Certificate
- D. Degree Certificate
- NSS Certificate, NCC Certificate, Sports Certificate (as applicable)
- Forms 1 2 and 3 (as given at the end of information brochure)
- Recent passport size photographs (2 Copies)
- Copy of the Aadhaar Card
- Demand Draft/ Challan for Rs.50000/- towards programme fee drawn in favour of “Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai.