The Tamil Nadu Open University selects candidates for admission to its 2-year B.Ed degree programme on the basis of merit in qualifying exam. Interested candidates who wish for enrolment need to fill an online application form first. The application form will be released tentatively in the month of September 2022. Candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for the admission process. Find detailed information about the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 such as application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc from this article below.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
Check out the tentative dates related to the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 in the table below:
|Release of online application form||4th week of September 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||Yet to be notified|
|Publication of merit list||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of admission process||Yet to be notified|
|Closing of admission process||Yet to be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023
The candidates should meet the criteria mentioned below to be eligible for the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023:
- The applicants with an undergraduate and/ or postgraduate degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanity scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- Those with a bachelors in degree engineering or technology (BE/ B.Tech) with specialization in Science and Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate can apply for admissions too.
- Candidates should have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- Applicants must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education in any school of Tamil Nadu recognized by the Government.
- For admission to B.Ed course with Commerce and Economic as major subject, a post graduation degree is mandatory.
- Candidates who have passed a degree under Additional Degree Programme of duration less than three years will not be eligible.
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 can be obtained from the official website of the Tamil Nadu Open University www.tnou.ac.in. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed above can proceed with the filling and submission of the application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal, academic, contact and other details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Candidates should carefully check the information entered into the application form for any mistake before submitting it. Incorrect or incomplete applications are liable for rejection.
- After making sure that there is no error, the candidates can submit their application form along with the specified application fee.
- A copy of the duly filled and submitted application form should also be kept by the candidates in case of future correspondence.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of application form or any other document to the university.
- The non-refundable application fee for the TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 will be Rs. 500/-.
- Payment of the application fee can be done through online mode using net banking facility/ debit card/ credit card.
Preparation of Merit List
- After the submission of online application form, a merit list of the successfully registered candidates will be prepared by the authorities.
- The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in their intermediate and graduation.
- Candidates can check their names in the merit list by visiting the official website of the university.
- The list will be prepared in the order of ranking and admission will be granted to candidates strictly according to their ranks.
- Appropriate tie-breaking rules will be applied while preparing the merit list if two or more candidates get the same ranking.
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited to attend the admission round.
- While reporting for the admission, the candidates need to carry all the important documents in original as well as photocopy.
- The documents as well the eligibility of the candidates will be verified before offering them final admission.
- Candidates must also carry a demand draft of programme fee to be submitted at the time of admission.
- After verification of documents, the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for study centers.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their choice and their merit.
- Selected candidates need to complete all the formalities of admission to secure their seat.
Candidates must carry with them the following documents for verification at the time of admission:
- Copy of application form
- Date of birth certificate
- 2 recent passport size colored photographs
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam
- Original qualifying degree certificate (Provisional if original certificate is not received yet)
- M.Phil/ PhD degree certificate, if applicable
- D.T.Ed certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate for BC-O/ BC-M/ SC-O/ SC-A/ ST/ MBC & DNC category candidates
- Disability certificate for PWD candidates
- Ex-serviceman certificate issued by the competent authority, for ex-serviceman candidates
- Sports Certificate, if applicable
- NSS/ NCC certificate, if applicable
- Forms 1 2 and 3 (format given at the end of official information brochure)
- Demand Draft or Challan for Rs. 50000/- towards programme fee drawn in favor of ‘Tamil Nadu Open University’ payable at Chennai
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. 1: When will the application form for the B.Ed courses release?
Ans.: The application form for the TNOU B.Ed degree programme is expected to be released in the month of September 2020.
Ques. 2: Is there any way I can make corrections in the application form after submission?
Ans.: No provision for making correction in the application form after its submission will be provided to the candidates.
Ques. 3: Is there any entrance exam conducted by the university to select the candidates for B.Ed course?
Ans.: No. The university does not conduct any entrance exam and selection of the candidates is done on the basis of their performance in the qualifying exam.
Ques. 4: Will I get any call letter for taking part in the admission process?
Ans.: Complete details related to the admission process will be made available on the official website of the university and no individual call letter will be sent to the candidates.
Ques. 5: What is the reservation policy for admission to TNOU B.Ed course?
Ans.: Reservation of seats will be made as per the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu given as follows:
- For Scheduled Castes candidates – 18% (In the 18% for Scheduled Castes seats 3% of seats will be offered to Arunthathiyars)
- For Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates – 1%
- For Most Backward Classes (MBC) & Denotified Communities (DNC) candidates – 20%
- For BC candidates – 30% (In the 30% of Backward Classes seats, 3.5% of seats will be offered to Muslims)
- Open Competition (OC) – 31%