Anna University, Chennai will supervise the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process (TNEA). In this admission process, the university will not conduct any entrance exam. The admissions will be granted solely on the basis of qualifying exam marks. The candidates looking for a B.Tech/ BE admission through this process must check the TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2022. In order to get the admission, the candidates have to show the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria such Qualifying exam mark sheets, nativity certificate etc. The eligibility criteria of Marine Engineering are different from the rest of the branches. The interested candidates can check the complete details regarding TNEA Eligibility criteria 2022 through this article.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
The candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to participate in the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process (TNEA).
- The native candidates of Tamil Nadu who have passed class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from the schools situated in the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible. Such candidates do not need to show any nativity certificate.
- The native candidates of Tamil Nadu who passed class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from the schools outside of Tamil Nadu can also apply. Such candidates have to show the nativity certificate.
- Children of the central government employees serving in the state of Tamil Nadu from the past five years at the time of application form submission are also eligible.
- Children of the public sector or government recognized institute employees working in Tamil Nadu from the past five years at the time of submitting the application form can also apply.
- The Children of All India service Tamil Cadre officers can also submit TNEA Application Form 2022.
- The other state candidates who have passed class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from the school situated in the state of Tamil Nadu are also eligible.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu can also apply. They have to produce ID certificate from the Headquarter Tehsildar or original passport, visa and letter registered with the police station at the time of document verification.
- The candidate must have passed HSC exam with Mathematics, Physics and chemistry subjects.
- The aspirant having passed HSC (Vocational Subject) with any one of the Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry subjects can also apply.
Vocational subjects for B.Tech /BE degree courses are as follows:
|Group Code||Name of the Vocational Subjects|
|422||Electrical Machines and Appliances|
- The qualifying marks required at the HSC level for the candidates of different categories will be as follows
|Category of Candidates||Minimum marks in PCM / Vocational subject with any one subject from the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.|
|General Candidates||50 %|
|Backward classes including Backward Class Muslim||45 %|
|MBC & DNC||40 %|
|SC/ SCA/ ST candidates||40 %|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2022 Marine Engineering
The eligibility criteria for Marine Engineering are a bit different from the rest of the courses as given below:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Subjects.
- Must have secured at least 60% marks in PCM at 10+2 level.
- Should have scored at least 50% marks in English at class 10th or 12th
- The age of candidates should be less than 25 years.
- The minimum height requirement is 157 cm.
- The minimum weight requirement is 48 Kg
- The candidate should have a normal color vision.
Female candidates opting for Mining Engineering
There are some important points that the female candidates opting for Mining Engineering should note:
- No female candidate will be employed in any part of mine below ground.
- The female candidate will not be employed in any part of mine above ground except the hours of 6:00 AM to 7:00 P.M.
- No female shall ascend or descend a shaft in a cage or other mean of conveyance unless they are accompanied by an adult male.
- They should fulfill other eligibility criteria prescribed by Anna University.