Anna University will organize and manage the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2023 (TNEA 2023) process. Through this process, the candidates will be able to get admission to various government, government- aided and private engineering colleges affiliated to the Anna University. The candidates should note that TNEA 2023 is just going to be a counselling process. The University will not conduct any entrance exam in order to grant the admission.
It is expected that the application process of the TNEA 2023 will start from the month of May 2023. The application form will be submitted only in online mode.
- In the TNEA admission process, Anna University will not conduct any entrance exam. The admission will be granted on the basis of class 12th or equivalent merit list.
- In order to apply, the candidates have to submit the online application form.
- The university will set up various TNEA facilitation centers all over the state. In these centers, the candidates have to get their document verified after submitting the application form.
- Ranks will be allotted to the candidates after the document verification at TFCs. The candidates have to participate in the counselling process as per their ranks.
TNEA 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for the TNEA 2023 admission process is given in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of official notification||3rd week of July 2023|
|Starting of online registration and application form submission||3rd week of July 2023|
|Assigning of Random Number||3rd week of August 2023|
|Verification of documents at TFC||3rd week of August 2023|
|Release of Rank list||2nd week of September 2023|
|Counseling for candidates given special reservation||3rd week of September 2023|
|Starting of counselling for rest of the candidate||3rd week of September 2023|
|End of Counselling process||3rd week of September 2023|
TNEA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates looking to apply need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of TNEA 2023 as given below:
- The candidates who have passed Class 8th to 12th from a school situated in the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible. Such candidates do not need to produce any Nativity certificate for admission.
- The candidates who are native of Tamil Nadu but passed Class 8th to 12th from a school situated outside of Tamil Nadu can also apply. However, such candidates have to produce nativity certificate at the time of verification of original documents.
- Children of the central government employees who are serving in Tamil Nadu for the last 5 years are also eligible.
- Children of the employees in Government recognized institutions or public sector institution in the state of Tamil Nadu are also eligible. The parents of candidates should be employed in Tamil Nadu for the last 5 years.
- Daughters and sons of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers can also apply.
Srilankan Tamil Refugee
- The aspirants who are Sri lankan Tamil Refugee studied at the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply under open competition.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with the Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are given below:
- General Category: 50%
- Backward classes including Backward call Muslims: 45%
- DNC & MBC: 40%
- SC/ ST/ SCA: 40
The candidates looking for admission to Marine Engineering need to fulfill different eligibility criteria as given below:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English subjects.
- The applicant should have at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject taken together.
- The age of candidates should not be more than 25 years
- Height of a candidate should be equal to more than 157 cm
- The weight of a candidate should be equal to more than 48 kg
- The candidate should have normal color vision.
TNEA 2023 Application form
- The application form of TNEA 2023 admission process will be available only in online mode through the official website.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide all the required educational, contact and personal details.
- While entering the details, the candidates also need to provide their choice of TNEA Facilitation Centers (TFC). In this center, the documents of the candidate will be verified.
- To complete the registration, the candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- Once registered, the candidates should take a print out of the submitted application form. This printout will be required in TFC at the time of document verification.
- For confirmation, the university will send an Email and SMS to the registered candidates.
The application fee for different candidates will be as follows:
- For General Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ ST/ SCA candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu: Rs. 250/-
- Candidates from the special reservation category: Rs. 100/-
- After submitting the application form, the candidates have to report to the TNEA Facilitation Centre for document verification.
- The candidates will be able to choose the TNEA Facilitation Centre at the time of submitting the application form.
- At the time of document verification, the candidates have to carry the following documents.
- A signed copy of application form with an affixed photograph.
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- 10+2 or equivalent mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (If applicable)
- Income Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (If applicable)
- Special Reservation Category Certificate if applicable
TNEA 2023 Merit List
- After the verification of documents, the university will release the TNEA 2023 merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared as per the marks secured by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in PCM will be measured on the scale of 200 (Maths – 100, Chemistry – 50, Physics – 50)
- Along with the merit, the university will also publish overall and community wise rank of the candidates.
- In case of grievance with the merit list, the candidates may contact office of the Secretary, TNEA at Anna University, Chennai 600 025.
TNEA 2023 Counselling
- As per their merit score or rank, the candidates will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- The counselling will take place in multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats.
- In order to participate in the counselling process, the candidates have to pay the initial deposit as given below.
- General Candidates: Rs. 5000/-
- SC/ SCA/ ST Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- After the successful payment, the candidates have to provide their choice of institutes and courses through the TNEA portal.
- Once the choices are locked, the system will automatically allot the seats to the candidates on the basis of their rank.
- After the final allotment of seats, the candidates have to visit the respective institutes with provisional allotment letters to complete rest of the admission formalities.