Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2022 abbreviated as TNEA 2022 is a centralized counselling process through which aspiring candidates can get admission to B.E/ B.Tech/ and B.Arch degree courses. The admission will be provided in various government and government-aided engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The TNEA 2022 counselling process will be organized by Anna University.
The candidates looking to participate in this counselling process can check all the necessary details like application form, eligibility criteria, merit list etc. from this article.
Latest: TNEA 2022 application process has been commenced from 20th June 2022.
TNEA 2022 Important Dates
The candidates can check the official dates from the table given below.
|Release of official notification||Released|
|Starting of online application form submission||20th June 2022|
|Last to submit application form||19th July 2022|
|Starting of Document verification||20th July to 31st July 2022|
|Supplementary counselling||15th and 16th September 2022|
TNEA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspiring candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the TNEA 2022 counselling process.
- The candidate must be a native of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The aspirants who have passed class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from the state of Tamil Nadu need not to show the nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employee working in the state of Tamil Nadu from the last 5 years can also apply.
- The candidate must have passed HSC (Academic) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for BC candidates and 40% marks for MBC & DNC and SC/ SCA/ ST candidates).
- The aspirant having passed HSC (Vocational subjects) with any of the Engineering related subjects i.e. Physics , chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% marks (45% for BC candidates and 40% marks for MBC & DNC and SC/ SCA/ ST candidates) can also apply.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu can apply under open competition.
Eligibility Criteria for Marine Engineering
The eligibility criteria for marine engineering are a little bit different as given below.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCM and English subjects.
- The applicant should have at least 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English either in 10th and 12th
- In addition to this, the candidate should fulfill some other physical standards as well.
- Maximum Age – 25 Year
- Minimum Height – 157 cm
- Minimum Weight – 48 Kg
- Normal color vision
TNEA 2022 Application Form
The application form for TNEA 2022 exam is available only in online mode through the official website. In order to access the application form, the candidates need to register themselves online by providing some of the basic details like name, email id and mobile number etc. After registration, the candidates need to login and fill the application form very carefully. After submitting the application form, the applicant should take print out of submitted application form and affix a recent passport size photograph on the prescribed place and submit it during document verification process at TNEA Facilitation center (TFC).
The candidates need to pay the following TNEA 2022 application fee then only their applications will be accepted.
- General Candidates: 500/-
- For SC/ SCA/ ST category candidates: Rs. 250/-
- For any special reservation category: Rs. 100/- (additional)
Mode of Payment
- The candidate needs to pay the application fee online via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
TNEA 2022 Document verification
After registration, the candidates need to visit the TNEA Facilitation center on the prescribed date for the document verification. The following documents along with the hardcopy of application form with an affixed photograph will be required at the TFC center for verification.
- Mark Sheets of Class 10th.
- HSC Hall Ticket
- HSC or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Nativity
- First graduate certificate and First graduate joint declaration.
- Income certificate
- Srilankan Tamil refugee certificate (If applicable)
- Special reservation category certificates (If applicable)
Note: The document verification for the candidates applying under the Eminent sports person category will be held at TFC – Anna University Campus, Chennai.
TNEA 2022 Merit List
After the submission of application form, the authorities will prepare the merit list for the admission. The overall merit will be based on the candidate’s score in Maths, Chemistry, and Physics. In order to prepare the merit, the marks of the candidates will be changed into a scale of 200 as given below:
The merit list along with the overall and community rank will be declared on the official website i.e. https://tnea.ac.in. If a candidate has a grievance related to the merit list then he/she may contact the authorities at the following address:
Office of Secretary,
TNEA at Anna University,
Chennai – 600025
TNEA Counselling 2022
The candidates will be called to participate in the TNEA 2022 counseling process as per their merit score or rank. In order to participate in the counselling process, the candidates have to pay an initial amount of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 1000/- for the SC/ SCA/ ST candidates of Tamil Nadu). After successful payment, the candidates can enter their choice of colleges and branch in which they want to study. After the locking of choices by the candidates, the system will allot the seats for the candidates on the basis of rank and order of preference filled by the applicants.
The candidate needs to confirm their seat allotment after logging into the portal at official website. After the final allotment, the candidates need to visit the respective college institution on the prescribed date with provisional allotment letter.
2 thoughts on “TNEA 2022: Notification (out), Application Form (20 June Onwards), Random Number”
I am not a native of Tamilnadu and have passed my 12th from CBSE.
I HAIL FROM Haryana. Am I eligible for TNEA?
I used to live in coimbatore since 1987, however has moved out of CBE. I still have a house in CBE. WIll my son be eligible to apply for TNEA 2020 for Btech admission. What should be provided to clear the eligibility criteria
Appreciate your clarification