TNEA 2020: Random Number Releasing Today
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2020 abbreviated as TNEA 2020 is a centralized counselling process through which aspiring candidates can get admission to B.E/ B.Tech/ and B.Arch degree courses. The admission will be provided in various government and government-aided engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The TNEA 2020 counselling process will be organized by Anna University.
The candidates looking to participate in this counselling process can check all the necessary details like application form, eligibility criteria, merit list etc. from this article.
TNEA random number is going to released soon on 21st August 2020.
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check the tentative dates from the table given below. The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of official notification||5th July 2020|
|Starting of online application form submission||5th July 2020|
|Last to submit application form||16th Aug 2020|
|Starting of Document verification||24 Aug – 01 Sep 2020|
|Starting of choice filling||17 Sep – 06 Oct 2020|
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The aspiring candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the TNEA 2020 counselling process.
- The candidate must be a native of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The aspirants who have passed class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from the state of Tamil Nadu need not to show the nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employee working in the state of Tamil Nadu from the last 5 years can also apply.
- The candidate must have passed HSC (Academic) or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for BC candidates and 40% marks for MBC & DNC and SC/ SCA/ ST candidates).
- The aspirant having passed HSC (Vocational subjects) with any of the Engineering related subjects i.e. Physics , chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% marks (45% for BC candidates and 40% marks for MBC & DNC and SC/ SCA/ ST candidates) can also apply.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu can apply under open competition.
Eligibility Criteria for Marine Engineering
The eligibility criteria for marine engineering are a little bit different as given below.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCM and English subjects.
- The applicant should have at least 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English either in 10th and 12th
- In addition to this, the candidate should fulfill some other physical standards as well.
- Maximum Age – 25 Year
- Minimum Height – 157 cm
- Minimum Weight – 48 Kg
- Normal color vision
TNEA 2020 Application Form
The Application form for TNEA 2020 exam will be available only in online mode through the official website. In order to access the application form, the candidates need to register themselves online by providing some of the basic details like name, email id and mobile number etc. After registration, the candidates need to login and fill the application form very carefully. After submitting the application form, the applicant should take print out of submitted application form and affix a recent passport size photograph on the prescribed place and submit it during document verification process at TNEA Facilitation center (TFC).
The candidates need to pay the following TNEA 2020 application fee then only their applications will be accepted.
- General Candidates: 500/-
- For SC/ SCA/ ST category candidates: Rs. 250/-
- For any special reservation category: Rs. 100/- (additional)
Mode of Payment
- The candidate needs to pay the application fee online via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
TNEA 2020 Document verification
After registration, the candidates need to visit the TNEA Facilitation center on the prescribed date for the document verification. The following documents along with the hardcopy of application form with an affixed photograph will be required at the TFC center for verification.
- Mark Sheets of Class 10th.
- HSC Hall Ticket
- HSC or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Nativity
- First graduate certificate and First graduate joint declaration.
- Income certificate
- Srilankan Tamil refugee certificate (If applicable)
- Special reservation category certificates (If applicable)
Note: The document verification for the candidates applying under the Eminent sports person category will be held at TFC – Anna University Campus, Chennai.
TNEA 2020 Merit List
After the submission of application form, the authorities will prepare the merit list for the admission. The overall merit will be based on the candidate’s score in Maths, Chemistry, and Physics. In order to prepare the merit, the marks of the candidates will be changed into a scale of 200 as given below:
The merit list along with the overall and community rank will be declared on the official website i.e. https://tnea.ac.in. If a candidate has a grievance related to the merit list then he/she may contact the authorities at the following address:
Office of Secretary,
TNEA at Anna University,
Chennai – 600025
TNEA Counselling 2020
The candidates will be called to participate in the TNEA 2020 counseling process as per their merit score or rank. In order to participate in the counselling process, the candidates have to pay an initial amount of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 1000/- for the SC/ SCA/ ST candidates of Tamil Nadu). After successful payment, the candidates can enter their choice of colleges and branch in which they want to study. After the locking of choices by the candidates, the system will allot the seats for the candidates on the basis of rank and order of preference filled by the applicants.
The candidate needs to confirm their seat allotment after logging into the portal at official website. After the final allotment, the candidates need to visit the respective college institution on the prescribed date with provisional allotment letter.