The candidates who are looking to pursue B.Tech Marine Engineering or B.Sc. Nautical Science course from the Tolani Maritime Institute need to appear for the TMISAT 2023 exam. Apart from the TMISAT, it is also necessary to take IMUCET exam to get admission. Interested candidates have to fill an application form online and then send its hardcopy to the institute along with relevant documents. Please note that having a passport is mandatory at the time of admission. Every year, the application forms of the Tolani Maritime Institute releases in the month of January. Aspirants must check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
- The envelope in which you will send the application fee and Demand Draft/ Transaction receipt should have “Application for admission Marine engineering” written on it.
- Don’t forget to write your application form number and contact details on the backside of your DD.
- CET/ JEE Main scores are not considered for admission to this institute.
- The applicants are required to be medically fit as per DGS norms to get selected for admissions.
- As per previous years’ pattern, the exam is expected to take place at the following examination centers – Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Indore, Ranchi, and Jaipur.
TMISAT 2023 Important Dates
|Main Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the application form submission||January 2023|
|Last date of the availability of application forms online||Last week of May 2023|
|Last date for the receipt of the application form at TMI||Last week of May 2023|
|Releasing of admit card||Last week of May 2023|
|Date of TMI examination||1st week of June 2023|
|Declaration of result||Scores are displayed just after the exam|
|Commencement of the classes||July 2023|
TMISAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria should be met by the candidates in order to appear for the TMISAT 2023 examination.
- The minimum age of an applicant is 17 years.
- Plus, the candidate should be born on or after 1st September 2000. As per the rules of the government of India, girl candidates will get a relaxation of 2 years in the maximum age.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible.
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Additionally, the candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th standard.
Note: The candidates should also meet the minimum physical fitness and medical standards criteria as laid down by the institute.
TMISAT 2023 Application Form
The aspiring candidates can fill and submit the TMISAT 2023 application form online through the official website i.e. http://www.tmi.tolani.edu/. Check out the helpful instructions given below to apply for this exam.
- To start the application process, the candidates need to visit the official website and fill the details in an online application form.
- The details should be correct and filled in the English language only.
- The name and date of birth of a candidate should match with the school leaving certificate.
- Apart from the details, applicants must upload the soft copies of the following documents in an application form.
- Recent passport size photograph of the candidate
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th Class mark sheet
- School leaving/ Transfer Certificate
- Birth Certificate/ Passport
- Downloaded copies of the 12th Class mark sheet from the internet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Report
- Then, the candidates may pay the application fee online or get the demand draft prepared for the application fee payment.
- Finally, the aspirants have to send the application form submitted online to the institute along with transaction receipts or a Demand draft of application fee and other relevant documents as given below.
- Two identical recent passport size photographs with name & form no. written at the back.
- Copy of Birth Certificate (Self-attested)
- Copies of certificates/ mark sheets of 10th and 12th class
- Downloaded copies of class XII mark sheet (attested by the school principal)
- certificates for sports and any other extra-curricular activities (if available)
- Also, keep a copy of the application form and DD/ transaction receipt safe for a future reference.
- TMISAT Application Fee 2023 is Rs. 1200/- for all the candidates.
- Applicants can pay online using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Alternatively, they can also pay the fee via Demand Draft. The DD must be drawn in favour of Tolani Maritime Institute”, payable at Pune.
TMISAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Aspirant going to appear for the exam may check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-based Test)
- Type of Question: Objective Type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 80
- Duration of the exam: 90 minutes followed by a behavioral assessment of 30 minutes
- Negative Marking: Applicable
Subject-wise number of questions
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Analytical Reasoning||10 questions|
|Logical Reasoning||10 questions|
TMISAT 2023 Syllabus
The test is going to be based on the CBSE 11th and 12th curriculum of Physics and Mathematics subjects. As it is an online test, the previous year question banks aren’t available.
TMISAT Admit Card 2023
- The admit card for the TMISAT 2023 exam will release in online mode through the official website.
- All the crucial details regarding the exam like timing, dates, venue, etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam center without having a valid admit card.
- Also, carry one photo ID proof in original while appearing for the TMISAT exam.
TMISAT Result 2023 and Interview
- Marks secured by a candidate are displayed immediately on the screen after the completion of test.
- Those who will score more than cut-off marks will be shortlisted for the interview.
- The interview will also take place on the same day at the examination center.
- In the interview, the examiners will judge the behavioral qualities of the candidate including communication skills, clarity of thought, leadership potential, maturity and reasoning abilities, aptitude of scientific concepts, etc.
- The selection of a candidate is based on various factors.
- After the exam, the authorities will prepare a merit list based on marks in PCM, TMISAT 2023 online test, IMU test rank and interview.
- The candidates getting their names in the final merit list will get selected.
- Please note that the selection of a candidate is subjected to medical fitness as per DGS norms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I have less than 60% marks in PCM but the aggregate marks in the 12th standard are more than 60%. Can I apply for TMISAT 2023?
Answer: No, you are not eligible. It is necessary to have at least 60% in PCM in order to apply.
Question – 2: I have a diploma in Engineering? Can I apply for the courses in TMI?
Answer: No, the admissions are granted based on class 12th marks only.
Question – 3: Is there any management or NRI quota for admission?
Answer: No, there is no such quota.