The candidates interested for admission in B.Sc Nautical Science and B.Tech Marine Engineering can apply for the same. However, it is mandatory for such candidates to meet the TMISAT eligibility Criteria before they take any step towards admission process. The candidates who submit their TMISAT Application Form without satisfying the eligibility criteria will be disqualified if found guilty at any later stage. It is recommended that the candidates ensure the eligibility for admissions beforehand as any fee (application fee, tuition fee, etc) submitted once will not be refunded to the ineligible candidates.
TMISAT Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility requirements for TMISAT admission in terms of age criteria, educational criteria have been given below.
- Applications will be invited from both male and female candidates.
- The lower age limit to be eligible for TMISAT is 17 years and the upper age limit is 21 years (23 years for female candidates).
- The male candidates, who are born on or after 1st September 2001, are eligible to apply.
- An age relaxation of 2 years will be given to the female candidates. This means, the female candidates who are born on or after 1st September 1999 are eligible for admissions.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply.
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The candidates must score a minimum of 60% in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- At least 50% marks in English at either 10th level or 12th level is required.
- The candidates appearing in their class 12th board exam in the year 2022 are also eligible.
- In addition to the above-mentioned criteria, the candidates must clear the IMUCET.
- Constitution: The minimum height of the candidate should be 157 cms and a minimum chest expansion of 5 cm.
- Skeletal System: There should be no deformity of bones, joints, chest, upper limbs, skull or any other body structure.
- Speech: There should be no speech impediment or impairment.
- Ear, Nose, Throat: There should be no impaired hearing and the candidate should be able to hear a whisper at a distance of 5 meters on each side without using hearing aids. There should not be any loss or decay of teeth to such an extent as to interfere with efficient mastication. There should also not be any evidence of any disease of the throat, palate, tonsils or gums.
- Lymphatic System: The glandular system must be functioning normally.
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Digestive System: There should be no instance of cardiac or vascular disease, chronic or upper respiratory disease, disease of the digestive system and the liver and spleen should not be palpable. The kidneys should not be palpable, enlarged or diseased.
- Skin: There should be no skin disease except that of a temporary or trivial nature.
- Nervous System: There should be no history or evidence of mental disease of the candidate or in his family.
- Eyesight: There should be no symptoms of pressure of trachoma and iris complications or sequela and candidates must possess good binocular vision. Distance vision should be unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in other eye. Candidates applying for B.Sc. Nautical Technology programme must have 6/6 vision in both eyes. There must not be color blindness.
- The candidates may be asked to undertake Drugs and/or HIV tests at the time of medical examination.