Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) will release the official notification for the Tiss National Entrance Test 2023 i.e. TISSNET 2023. This exam aims to shortlist the candidates for admission to around 53 Master Degree programs offered by the institute. Please note that the Tata Institute of Social science (TISS) has its campuses at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad. Candidates for all the campuses are shortlisted based on the TISSNET 2023 exam. Interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill an online application form. The online registration is expected to begin in the month of October 2022.
- The examination will take place in online mode i.e. computer-based test.
- Candidates must ensure that they are eligible before filling the application form. Please note that the application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- It is a national level exam to be held across multiple cities all over India.
- Admissions to full-time PG courses like M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H., MA (HR), etc. are provided through the TISSNET exam.
- TISSNET do not have a provision of negative marking. So, candidates are advised to attempt all the questions to maximize their scores.
TISSNET 2023 Important Dates
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of registration process||3rd week of October 2022|
|Last date to submit an application form||Last week of November 2022|
|Last date for the receipt of application form by post||1st week of December 2022|
|Last date to complete application form (for enrolled candidates)||2nd week of December 2022|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of December 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of January 2023|
|Declaration of the written exam result||1st week of February 2023|
|Date of PIT/ GD and PI||2nd to 3rd week of March 2023|
|Release of merit list of admission||3rd week of April 2023|
|Submission of Documents||4th week of April 2023 to 1st week of May 2023|
|Publication of waiting list||2nd week of May 2023|
|Submission of documents for waiting list||2nd to 3rd week of May 2023|
|Beginning of classes||2nd week of June 2023|
TISSNET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TISSNET 2023 are given below. Candidates must check and ensure that they meet all of them before filling the application form.
- The aspirant must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of a minimum of 3 or 4 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 pattern) from a recognized university/ institute.
- Those who will appear for the final year exam in 2023 can also apply. However, such candidates must provide the result of final semester/ year by 8th June 2023.
- Please note that there is no age limit for the TISSNET exam.
TISSNET 2023 Application Form
The TISSNET application process will take place in online mode only. Interested candidates have to fill and submit the application form through the official website before the last date.
- Firstly, the candidates are required to register on the institute’s website by entering some of their basic details including name, gender, mobile no. email id, date of birth, etc.
- Then, the aspirants need to sign-in using the login credentials generated during registration.
- Once logged in, the candidates may fill the rest of the mandatory academic, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- In addition to the details, applicants need to upload the scanned copies of their recent photograph and signature.
- Candidates have to pay the necessary application fee in the next step.
- After submitting the application form and fees, the candidates should take a printout of the submitted form for future references.
The application fees for the candidates of different categories are as follows.
|Number of Programs||Fees for general category candidates||Fees for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates|
|1||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260|
|2||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520|
|3||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780|
Mode of payment
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the candidates may deposit the fee by cash in any branch of SBI using a prescribed challan.
TISSNET 2023 Admit Card
- The admit cards of TISSNET 2023 will release in online mode through the official website of the institute.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to provide their registration ID and password.
- An admit card comprises important information such as TISSNET Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, exam venue address, etc.
- Please note that an admit card is a very important document. No candidate will be permitted inside the examination hall without an admit card.
- Candidates must also carry one photo ID proof along with an admit card.
TISSNET 2023 Exam Pattern
The general exam pattern of TISSNET 2023 is given below.
- Mode of exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Duration of Exam: 100 minute
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry one mark
- Negative Marking: Not Applicable
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 minutes|
TISSNET 2023 Syllabus
The subject-wise important topics for the exam are as follows.
- Logical Reasoning: Number Series, Alphabet Series, Eye for detail, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments, Logical Connectivity, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Cubes.
- English Proficiency: Purpose of the passage, Strengthen and Weaken, Flaw and Discrepancy, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Author’s Point of View, Main idea of the passage, etc.
- General Knowledge: International politics/ current events, Gender/Health/Education, Labor, Environment & ecology, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Economy/ Policy, Media / ICTs/ Literature/ Art/ Culture, Sports, etc.
TISSNET 2023 Result
- Authorities will make the TISSNET Result 2023 available in online mode.
- To check their results, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their email ID and password.
- The result card contains information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by a student in the entrance exam.
- Those students who will score more than cut-off marks will be shortlisted for further rounds of the selection process.
TISSNET 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates shortlisted will be called for further rounds of selection i.e. Pre-Interview Test/GD and Personal Interview.
- The selection of a candidate will be based on the total marks secured by the candidate in the written exam plus his/her performance in the Pre-Interview Test/GD and Personal Interview.
- The marks allotted for different rounds of selection are illustrated in the following table.
|Different rounds of selection||Marks Allotted|
|National Common Written Test||100 Marks|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 Marks|
|Personal Interview||75 Marks|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get an offline copy of an application form from the campus?
Answer: No, the application form will be available in online mode only through the official website.
Question – 2: Will I get the refund of my application fee payment if my form gets rejected?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Question – 3: What if two or more candidates have the same total marks in written test + Pre-Interview Test/GD and Personal Interview?
Answer: Candidates must know that in case of a tie, the aspirant with a better score in PI will be considered for admission.