Established in 1935, the Doon School is certainly one of the finest schools in India. It is a full boarding school which specializes in developing skills and creativity of the student so that they can find success in every field of life. Please note that the Doon is an all-boys boarding school. So, only the boy candidates can apply for admission. The Doon school admission 2021 will be provided into two classes i.e. class 7th and class 8th.
A lot of students apply for admission to the Doon school every year. That’s why the school conducts an entrance exam for every boy who applies. After clearing the entrance exam, the students also need to clear the interview round.
Doon School Admission 2023 Dates
|Registration||To be updated|
|Date of Entrance exam||To be updated|
Doon School Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The Doon school allow admission for new students in the 7th class (D Form) and 8th class (C Form)
- For admission to class 7th (D form), the age of students should be between 11 years to 12 years in the month of September 2021.
- The aspirants can apply for class 8th (C form) admission as well. For class 8th admission, the age of a student must be between 12 years to 13 years as on September 2023.
- As per the school policy, the students who are unsuccessful in the first attempt of getting admission into 7th class can apply for 8th class admission next year.
- The students can also apply directly for 8th class admission as well depending on their age.
Doon School 2023 Application Process
The step by step procedure to apply for the Doon School Admission is as follows:
- First of all, the aspirants need to download the Doon school application form from the official website of the school i.e. http://www.doonschool.com.
- After downloading the application form, the candidate/ parents/ guardians need to fill the details in the application form in a neat and clean manner.
- In the application form, the applicants have to provide all the required details such as Name of student, Date of Birth, Academic strength of the student, family information.
- After filling the application form, the parents/guardians need to pay the application fee online using internet banking, debit card or credit card.
- The application fee can also be paid via Demand draft or Cheque. DD or cheque must be drawn in favour of “The headmaster, The Doon School” payable at Dehradun.
- The parent should send the scanned copy of the application form along with DD/ Cheque/ receipt of online fee payment, birth certificate of their son to Mr. Madan Kothar, Head of Admissions, at [email protected]
- The parents are advised to keep the copy of application form, fee receipt safe for future reference.
The application or registration fee of the school depends upon the age of the students. If the age of a child is less, then the parents have to pay the less amount of registration fee as given below:
- 0-3 year old boys: Rs. 12000/- (600 US $ for overseas registration)
- 3-5 year old boys: Rs. 15000/- (850 US $ for overseas registration)
- 5-7 year old boys: Rs. 18500/- (1000 US $ for overseas registration)
- 7-9 year old boys: Rs. 22000/- (1300 US $ for overseas registration)
- 9-11 year old boys: Rs. 29000/- (1500 US $ for overseas registration)
- 11-13 year old boys: Rs. 36000/- (1800 US $ for overseas registration)
Doon School 2023 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the Doon school admission consists of two rounds i.e. entrance exam and then an interview.
Doon School Entrance Exam 2023
- Most probably, the school will conduct the entrance test for Doon School 2023 Admission in the month of November 2022.
- The exam will be held in various cities across India including Dehradun, Chennai, Kolkata, Jaipur, Mumbai, Lucknow, Secunderabad, Bengaluru etc.
- The questions in the entrance exam will be asked from the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal reasoning.
- The duration of the Doon school entrance exam is as follows:
|Subjects||Duration of Exam|
|Verbal reasoning||50 minutes|
|Non-verbal reasoning||30 minutes|
|Total||3 hours and 20 minutes|
There will be a refreshment break and lunch between the tests.
Note: Earlier, the school used to conduct the entrance exam for Hindi as well. But now, the school has removed Hindi test from the entrance exam.
- The students who will clear the entrance exam will go through for the interview round.
- The interview process will take place at the Doon school and various other cities as well such as Mumbai, Calcutta, and Bengaluru/ Chennai/ Hyderabad.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to clear the interview for admission.
- The interview will be taken by a panel headed by the Headmaster.
How to prepare?
- There is no fixed Doon School syllabus that the students may follow for the entrance exam or the interview.
- The candidates should develop a keen interest in reading.
- The boys aspiring for admission should have a genuine passion in the field of their choice like music, art, sports or any other activity or hobby.
- A boy coming from a family interested in arts, music, sports or having internet in any other field will have a better chance of selection.
- The school is looking for creative boys instead of the boys cramming for the exam.
The present school fee structure is as follows:
For Indian Residents
- Annual Fees: Rs. 10,25,000/- (Per Annum)
- Incidental Expenses: Rs. 25,000/- (Per term)
- Refundable Security Fee: Rs. 4,00,000/- (at the time of admission)
- One time admission fee: Rs. 4,00,000/-
For NRIs/ Foreign Nationals
- Annual School Fee: Rs. 12,81,000/- (Per Annum)
- Admission Fee: Rs. 6,40,000/-
- Security Deposit: Rs. 6,40,000/-
- Incidental Expenses advanced: Rs. 50,000/-
- The Doon school has a special scholarship committee that decides how scholarship and financial aids are given.
- The scholarship committee also includes the headmaster.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, the parents have to fill an application form stating details about their financial affairs and joint income of the family.
- The school will assure that the scholarship reaches the needy parents.
- The limited as well as full financial supports are available under the scholarship.
- To get the application form of scholarship, the parents may contact the head of admission.
Mr. Madan Kothari, The head of Admissions
Email – [email protected]
Phone: 0135-2526406, 9719638840
The Doon School offers some best in class facilities. Some of them are listed below:
- An ultra-modern art and media school
- 100-seater auditorium
- The careers information, education and guidance department
- Modern and spacious Dining Hall
- A big library with all the latest facilities.
- Music school for both western and Hindustani classical music.
- Sports facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports such as cricket, tennis, basketball.
- Medical Facilities.
Contact Details of School
The Doon School, Mall Road, Dehradun, India, Pin-248001
Phone Number – +91-135-2526400,
Fax No.(HM Secretariat): +91-135-2757275,
Email: [email protected]