Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2020 – 2021
Tata Steel provides scholarships to sons/ daughters/ spouse of its workers, supervisors, and officers. The scholarships are given to those students who take admissions into various professional courses in the institutes selected by the company. It is also compulsory for the candidates looking for Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2020 – 2021 to get admission after clearing an all India level entrance exam. Preference will be given to the physically challenged wards of the Tata Steel employees. Students who are getting scholarships from any other institute or college are not eligible. Complete details related to the Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships are provided in this article.
Tata Steel Millennium is one of the popular scholarships in India. Let’s take a look at some of its highlights.
|Name of the scholarship||Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2020 – 2021|
|Scholarship Amount||Category A – Rs. 50000/- per annum|
Category B – Rs. 24000/- per annum
|Who can apply?||sons/ daughters/ spouse of Tata steel employees|
|Any other requirement||· Taken admission in a professional course in the institute selected by the company.|
· Cleared an all India level exam to get admission.
· Must have scored at least 60% marks in the last qualifying exam. (50% for SC/ ST candidates)
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Deadline||2nd week of January 2021|
Types of Scholarships
The Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2020 are classified into two categories as discussed below.
Category – A Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to the students who have secured admission into B.Tech/ Degree in Engineering/ M.Tech through a joint entrance exam.
- Please note that the scholarship will be given only to those students who will get admission in some selected colleges.
- The amount of this scholarship is Rs. 50000/- per annum.
- The students studying in 4.5 years MBBS are also covered in this scholarship.
- 120 scholarships are available under this category.
Category – B Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to the students who have secured admission in the professional courses in institutes selected by the company.
- The scholarship amount in this category is Rs. 24000/-
- 240 seats are available for this scholarship.
- Integrated degree courses in Medicine or Engineering (any branch), including extension centers of BITS Pilani and BIT-Mesra.
- Diploma course in any branch of Engineering
- PG studies in Engineering, Medicine, Computer Sciences, Business Management, Personnel Management, Agriculture Science, Bio-Technology, Bio- Chemistry, Information Technology, B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Management.
- 5 years Degree Course in Law, Five years integrated course in Law
- Degree or full-time diploma courses in Hotel Management & Catering and Fashion Technology.
- Degree course in Journalism
Students should get admission in the disciplines mentioned above in institutes fulfilling the criteria given below.
- Affiliated to a recognized University.
- Autonomous Institutions or deemed Universities with official recognition from bodies such as AICTE and which have an all-India competitive selection procedure.
- For studies in Hotel Management & Catering and Fashion Technology, campus of National College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM & CT) or institutions of Catering Management set up by the Taj Group, the Oberoi Group, ITC Welcome Group and ITDC Group of Hotels would be considered.
Who can apply?
Interested candidates must ensure that they fulfill the Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships Eligibility Criteria 2020 mentioned below before applying.
- The candidate should be a son/ daughter/ spouse of an existing worker, supervisor, or officer of the Tata Steel.
- Sons/ Daughters/ Spouse of superannuated workers, supervisors, and officers of the company including those who have separated under ESS/ Job for Job/ MSS/ EFBS/ FBS/ FSS are also eligible.
- Sons/ Daughters/ Spouse of workers, supervisors, and offers of Tata Steel who were transferred on the rolls of JUSCO can also apply.
- The candidate must have taken admission in the full-time and regular course in the academic year 2020-21. Students taking admission in postal/ correspondence courses are not eligible for admission.
Reservation and Preferences
- 10% seats are reserved for SC/ ST candidates.
- 60 seats are reserved for wards where an employee has availed current Sunhere Bhavishya Ki Yojana (SBKY) – 2.0
- Please note that preference will be given to the physically challenged wards of the employees.
Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships Application Form 2020
Aspirants who are looking to apply for Tata Steel Millennium scholarship 2020 should check the instructions given below.
- The application form can be accessed directly by visiting the official website i.e. www.careers.tatasteelindia.com.
- In the application form, the candidates are required to enter their complete educational and personal details.
- In addition to this, candidates also need to enter the detail of the course and colleges in which they are studying.
- Make sure you enter the correct bank detail which filling the form so that amount can be deposited in the correct account.
- The printout of the application form submitted online along with the following documents should be submitted during office hours in the office of Employment bureau. You may submit the form by hand or courier.
- 1 passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Xerox copy of the original mark sheet of the last qualifying examination
- Copy of receipt of Tuition fee
- Photocopy of Service Certificate in case of ESS/ Job for Job/ MSS/ EFBS/ FBS/ FSS
- Copy of the bank passbook of the candidate
- Photocopy of the handicapped certificate issued by government authority/ photocopy of medical service book.
General Rules for getting Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2020
- All the applications received will be placed before a committee. This committee will decide whether the scholarship should be given to a candidate or not.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
- Candidates getting scholarships from any other college/ institute will not be considered for Tata Millennium Scholarship 2020.
- For getting the scholarship, the students should have scored at least 60% marks in their last qualifying exam (50% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Students getting admission by clearing an All India level selection process will be considered for a scholarship. To prove the same, the candidates should attach a copy of the admit card of the entrance exam.
List of colleges under Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship 2020
Students getting admissions in the following institutes are eligible for the scholarship.