Candidates who wish to study in the universities of Hungary can avail the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 to fulfill this dream of theirs. Exam is conducted to shortlist the candidates for the scholarship program. The exam is coordinated by the Tempus Public Foundation and will be held from the month of March 2023 onwards to May 2023. Interested candidates can submit their application online along with the prescribed documents. Each participating country will have Sending Partner to assist the candidates with the scholarship program.
- Former Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Holders or self-finances students at a Hungarian higher education institution are not eligible.
- Applications that are only saved in the online system, but not submitted, will be automatically rejected.
- The applying candidates have to be nominated by their country or else their applications will not be forwarded to the universities.
- Those awarded with the scholarship will need a valid passport in order to be able to enter Hungary.
- The applications of the candidates will be ranked on the basis of previous studies and grade point average (GPA).
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Important Deadlines 2023
Check below the deadline for applying for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023:
|Release of online application form||January 20212|
|Last date for submitting applications||January 2023|
|Checking of applications and nomination of candidates||February 2023|
|Commencement of admission process at institute level||March 2023|
|Declaration of results||June 2023|
|Beginning of visa application process||July 2023|
|Arrival to Hungary||Sep 2023|
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 has been provided below:
- For bachelor’s degree programme: The candidates need to possess a high school diploma or equivalent qualification to be eligible for admission and scholarship.
- For master’s degree programme: To apply for the scholarship for a master’s degree programme, the applicants require a bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Application Process for Stipendium Hungaricum 2023 Scholarship
Interested candidates can apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 through online mode through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. Candidates need to visit the website pply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu to begin their application process.
- The candidates first need to create an applicant account by providing basic details such as name, email id, citizenship, mobile number, etc.
- Once the registration is complete and the account is created, the candidates can proceed towards providing details into the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their personal, academic and other details as asked.
- Scanned copies of important documents (listed below) also need to be uploaded into the form.
- Choice for study programmes in the order of preferences should also be provided into the application form.
- Application form completely filled in every respect can then be submitted by the applicants.
- There is no need to send hard copies of application or any other document to the relevant authority.
Other than the application form, the candidates are required to submit these documents in online mode as well:
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of Identification Document
- Medical Certificate
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates who successfully submit their online applications in time will be considered for the selection and scholarship.
- Based on the applications, the Sending Partners will shortlist the best applicants.
- A list of such candidates will be prepared and forwarded to the different educational institutes.
- The universities will contact the shortlisted applicants to set a date for conducting entrance exams.
- Candidates who score above 56 marks out of 100 will be considered for the final list of scholarship awardees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any age limit to apply for the scholarship program?
Candidates who were born after 31st August 2002 cannot apply for the scholarship program or for the admissions. Rest all can apply freely.
- Do Stipendium Hungaricum applicants have to pay any kind of application fee?
No. The online application form the scholarship program is free of charge.
- Is it compulsory to study Hungarian during my studies in Hungary?
Yes. Every student studying at a full-time bachelor and master programme will be required to study Hungarian as a foreign language for two semesters. Those who do not attend the course and do not pass the exam will lose all or part of their monthly stipend.
- As a scholarship holder, can I request for extension of my study period?
Yes, but only if you are doing a full-time bachelor, master or one-tier master programme.