SSC MTS 2023: A competitive examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India will be conducted by the SSC. The exam will be held in two tiers. Interested candidates may apply online most probably from February 2023. The candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. Check out the complete details of the SSC MTS 2023 in this article.
SSC MTS 2023
- Admit card to appear in the different tier of the examination will be released separately according to the eligibility of the candidates.
- Candidates found to be ineligible for the posts they have applied for will be disqualified even if they are selected for the same on the basis of wrong information furnished.
- The application for the exam will only be released in online mode.
- Those seeking advantage of the relaxation provided by the Government need to submit the relevant certificate at the time of verification.
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to select the exam city in which they wish to appear for the MTS exam.
SSC MTS 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the official dates related to SSC MTS 2023:
|Online application form release date||February 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||March 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee online||March 2023|
|Last date to submit application fee via challan||March 2023|
|Issue of admit card for tier I exam||July 2023|
|Date of tier I exam||July 2023|
|Issue of admit card for tier II exam||November 2023|
|Date of tier II exam||November 2023|
|Result declaration||December 2023|
SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates meeting the following eligibility criteria can apply for SSC MTS 2023:
The candidate should be of the following nationality:
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- Subject of Nepal or
- Tibetan refugee, who has come to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to become a permanent resident
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling
The age of the candidates should be between 18 to 25 years (27 for certain departments) as on 1st August 2023.
Relaxation in the upper age:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD||General- 10 years
OBC- 13 years
SC/ ST- 15 years
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of application|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||General- 3 years
SC/ ST- 8 years
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on last date of application||General- Up to 40 years of age
SC/ ST- Up to 45 years of age
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||General- Up to 35 years of age
SC/ ST- Up to 40 years of age
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces||General- Up to 45 years of age
SC/ ST- Up to 50 years of age
|Retrenched census employees of Office of Registrar General of India (considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies)||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service|
- The candidates should have passed the matriculation or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates who will acquire the said qualification before 1st August 2023 will also be eligible.
SSC MTS 2023 Application Form
- The SSC MTS 2023 application form will be released online. Candidates can obtain the application form by visiting the official website ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates are advised to submit online applications much before the closing date to avoid the possibility of disconnection or failure to login to the SSC website.
- Application form can be filled by providing the basic personal and educational details of the candidates.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded carefully into the form.
- The application form, duly filled in all respect can be submitted with the required application fee.
- After submission of form and fee, the candidates should take a printout of the application form.
- There is no need to send this form to the commission and should only be kept by the candidates in case of future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- and can be paid online through BHIM UPI, net banking, credit or debit cards or through cash in SBI branches by generating Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST, PWD and Ex-servicemen (ESM) category are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern
Check below the basic overview of SSC MTS 2023 exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Computer-based examination
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Question paper language: Both English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: -0.25 marks will be given for each incorrect answer
|Parts||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Part I||General English||25||25|
|Part II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Part III||Numerical Aptitude||25||25|
|Part IV||General Awareness||25||25|
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 30 minutes
- Question paper language: English or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution
- Type of questions: Descriptive type
- Topic: Short Essay/ Letter
- Total marks: 50
SSC MTS 2023 Syllabus
The indicative syllabus for SSC MTS 2023 is given below.
- General Intelligence: Arithmetical Computation, Problem Solving, Discriminating Observation, Decision Making, Arithmetical Number Series, Analysis, Judgment, Visual Memory, Relationship Concepts, Space Visualization, Non-Verbal Series, etc
- English Language: Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Correct Usage, etc
- Numerical Aptitude: Time and Work, Number Systems, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Ratio and Time, Tables and Graphs, Profit and Loss, Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Discount, Mensuration, etc
- General Awareness: Questions from India and its neighboring countries pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
- Questions to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post, Candidates will be required to write one short essay/ letter
SSC MTS 2023 Admit Card
- The commission will upload the admit card to appear for the MTS exam around one week before the exam on its official website.
- On the admit card, the details of the exam such as center, date and timing will be mentioned.
- Candidates should a printout of the admit card and carry it with them while appearing for the exam.
- Admit card for tier II exam will only be released for the candidates who clear the tier I exam successfully.
SSC MTS Result 2023
- Candidates will be able to check their exam result through online mode on the concerned regional/ sub-regional website.
- Those who clear both tier I and tier II exam will be considered for document verification.
- After clearing the document verification round, the candidates will be assigned the post according to their eligibility, merit and choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What documents should be carried to the examination center?
Answer: A printout of the admit card along with any of the following documents as identity proof should be carried to the exam center- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, Government School/ College ID Card and Employer ID (Govt./ PSU)
Question 2: How can I provide my choice for any department or post under SSC MTS?
Answer: The candidates can give preferences of States/ UTs, in the order of priority, in the online application form. No change in the preference of States/ UTs will be allowed later under any circumstances.
Question 3: Can I get my admit card/ admission certificate via post?
Answer: No. the admit card will only be available on the official website of the regional/ sub-regional office of the commission.
Question 4: Is there any provision for withdrawing from the exam?
Answer: Till date, no such provision is provided by the commission. The application form and fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.