SSC JHT 2023:The SSC will conduct selection test for recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak for various departments in the Government of India. Application form will be released through online mode in the month of August 2023. Eligible candidates can submit their form along with the required fee to appear for the exam. The exam will be held as two papers- Paper I and Paper II and selection will be done on the basis of combined performance. Find the detailed information about SSC JHT 2023 from this post below.
SSC JHT 2023
- After successful registration, application form should be filled and submitted within 14 days.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected.
- Candidates without a valid admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Selected candidates may be required to acquire the proficiency in local language of the State/ UT/ Zone in which they are posted.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PWD must be in possession of the relevant certificates.
Post Offered and their Codes
|A||Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service|
|B||Junior Translator in M/o Railways|
|C||Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters|
|D||Junior Translator/ Junior Hindi Translator in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT|
|E||Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries|
|F||Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute|
SSC JHT 2023 Exam Date
The tentative dates related to SSC JHT 2023 are given below in the table.
|Beginning of online application submission||Last week of August 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of September 2023|
|Online fee payment last date||Last week of September 2023|
|Last date for fee payment via challan||Last week of September 2023|
|Release of admit card for paper I||3rd week of November 2023|
|Paper I exam date||4th week of November 2023|
|Release of admit card for paper II||4th week of November 2023|
|Paper II exam date||1st week of December 2023|
|Declaration of result||1st week of December 2023|
SSC JHT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can appear for SSC JHT exam:
The following candidates are eligible:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling
The age of the candidates should not be more than 30 years as on 1st January 2023.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD||General- 10 years|
|OBC- 13 years|
|SC/ ST- 15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date of application|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||General- 3 years|
|SC/ ST- 8 years|
For post codes A to E:
- Master’s degree in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination OR
- Master’s degree in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination OR
- Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of a examination OR
- Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination OR
- Master’s Degree in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject AND
- Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or two years’ experience (three years for post code E) of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government Office
For post code F:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hindi with English as one of the subject at degree level either as compulsory or optional along with a Master’s degree in any subject and a Bachelor of Education degree OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with Master’s degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at degree level either as compulsory or optional and Bachelor of Education degree AND
- Two years experience of teaching Hindi at Senior Secondary level under Central or State Governments or recognized educational Institution is also desirable
SSC JHT 2023 Application Form
- Applications for SSC JHT 2023 can be submitted online from the official website of SSC www.ssc.nic.in.
- First, the candidates will have to fill a registration form providing basic details such as name, father’s name, date of birth, gender, etc.
- A registration number and password will be generated after successful registration using which the candidates can obtain the application form.
- Other details related to category, nationality, identity, address, etc will be asked in the application form.
- The candidates should also upload as recent photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- Completely filled application form can be submitted with the prescribed application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- and can be paid via BHIM UPI, Credit or Debit card, SBI Net Banking or in cash at SBI Branches by generating challan.
- There will be no application fee for women, SC/ ST, PH and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
SSC JHT 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC JHT 2023 exam pattern overview is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for every right answer
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
|Topic||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Type of question: Descriptive type
- Total marks: 200
- Topic: Translation & Essay
SSC JHT 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for appearing in the Paper I of the recruitment test will be released online on the website of concerned regional/ sub-regional office.
- A printout of the admit card must be taken to be carried to the exam center along with a valid identity proof.
- Those candidates whose admit card is not available on the website one week before the exam must contact the commission with the proof of application submission.
- Admit card for appearing in the further rounds of selection process will be released only for those clearing the previous rounds.
SSC JHT 2023 Result
- The commission will announce the result of the different rounds of the selection process on the official website of regional/ sub-regional offices.
- Candidates who clear both paper I and paper II will be eligible to participate in the document verification round.
- Final selection and allocation of departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in both papers and the preference exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Are appearing candidates eligible for SSC JHT?
Answer: Candidates who meet the mentioned eligibility requirements, including experience, on or before 1st January 2022 are eligible to apply.
Question 2: What is the provision of answer key objection?
Answer: Candidates can submit representations against the answer key within the time limit given by the Commission through online mode, on payment of Rs 100/- per question.
Question 3: How can I change my choice of department/ post under SSC JHT?
Answer: Once the candidate has been allotted preference, he/ she will not be considered for any other option. So it’s better that you take precaution while exercising the choices only.