SSC CHSL 2023: Staff Selection Commission will conduct the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination 2023 (SSC CHSL 2023). Through this exam, the candidates are selected for various posts in different ministries/ departments under the government of India. It is a national level exam and application forms are released in online mode only. The selection of a candidate is based on his/her performance in the written exams (Tier 1 and Tier 2) and skill test.
The posts available through this exam are Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operators. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form.
Latest: SSC CHSL 2023 application form will be available from 5th November 2022.
SSC CHSL 2023
- The application form for SSC CHSL 2023 will release in online mode only.
- Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications well before the last date. Due to the heavy load SSC website usually shows some problems near the last date of registration.
- There is no application fee for women candidates.
- Candidates will get a facility to give three choices of their desired exam centers while filling the application form.
- The merit of selection is based on Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam performance. Skill tests are qualifying in nature.
SSC CHSL 2023 Schedule
|Main Activity||Tentative Dates|
|Release of application forms in online mode||February 2023|
|Last date for the submission of an application form||4th December 2022|
|Last date for making an online fee payment||Yet to be announced|
|Generation of challan last date||Yet to be announced|
|Application fee payment in the bank via challan||Yet to be announced|
|Admit Card||Yet to be announced|
|Date of Tier – I exam||February to March 2023|
|Declaration of Tier – I result||Yet to be announced|
|Release of admit card for Tier – II exam||Yet to be announced|
|Announcement of Tier – II result||Yet to be announced|
|Date of skill test||Yet to be announced|
SSC CHSL 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are requested to check and verify the eligibility criteria mentioned below before submitting an application form.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- Subjects of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling here.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling here.
- The age of an applicant must be between 18 and 27 years.
- A relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the candidates from the reserved categories.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years (after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the last date of application form submission)|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||03 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||08 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications||Up to 40 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||Up to 40 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST).||Up to 50 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.||Up to 45 years of age|
|Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies )||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.|
The education qualifications required are different for the various posts as given below.
- LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Applicants must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): Candidates must have cleared 10+2 exam in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board.
SSC CHSL 2023 Application Form
The eligible candidates can fill and submit the SSC CHSL 2023 application form in online mode. The forms are made available on the official website of the board i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
- To start the application process, you need to complete a one-time registration on the official website.
- At the time of registration, you have to provide some of your basic personal and contact details.
- Apart from the details, you also need to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
|Document||Format and dimension||Size of the file|
|Passport size recent photograph of the candidate||JPEG – 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)||(20 KB to 50 KB)|
|Scanned signature||JPEG – 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height)||(10KB to 20 KB)|
- You will get a registration number and password once the registration process gets over.
- Then, you may log in and fill the rest of the details in an application form.
- Please verify each of the details that you enter because the commission will verify documents later on.
- Also, pay the necessary application fee after entering all the information.
- You must keep a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for the future requirements.
The SSC CHSL Application Fee 2023 for various candidates is given below.
- General/ OBC (Male candidates): Rs. 100/-
- Women/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-serviceman – Nil
Mode of payment: Applicants can either pay the fee online using BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit/ Debit cards or in SBI branches by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CHSL 2023 Admit Card
- The commission will provide the facility to download the admit card a week before the exam date.
- An admit card consists of important information related to the exam such as date, timing, venue, etc.
- Each of the candidates needs to carry a printout of the admit card at the time of exam.
- Additionally, it is also mandatory to carry at least 2 passport size photographs, and one original photo-id proof while appearing for the exam.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL exam consists of two written exams i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2. After that, a skill test/ typing test is conducted according to the post. Here are the details regarding each round of the selection process.
Tier – I written exam
- Mode of exam: Online (Computer-based test)
- Type of question: Multiple-choice Objective Type
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour
- Language of Questions: English and Hindi both (expect language section)
- Maximum marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.5 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Total||100 Questions||200 Marks|
Tier – II written exam
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Type of question: Descriptive type of questions
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Language of Questions: English or Hindi
- Topics: An essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words
Skill Test (For the post of a Data Entry Operator)
- A candidate must achieve a data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) key depressions per hour on a computer.
- The duration of this test is 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
For the post of a Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG)
- An aspirant must achieve the data entry speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on a computer.
- The duration of this test is 15 minutes.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- This test includes typing in Hindi or English language as selected in the application form.
- Candidates must achieve a typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.).
- The duration of typing is 10 minutes
SSC CHSL 2023 Syllabus
The subject wise general syllabus for Tier 1 exam is given below.
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms /Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, etc.
- General Intelligence: Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts, etc.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, History, Culture, Geography, Economic, General policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL 2023 Result
- The result of each tier of the exam will be available on the official website of SSC.
- Candidates will be able to check the result using their roll number or registration number.
- An aspirant with more marks in the exam will get a better merit position.
- In case of a tie, an applicant with more marks in the Tier – II exam will get a better rank.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. 1: Is Aadhar number is mandatory to register?
Answer: No, Aadhar is not mandatory. Instead of Aadhar number, you can also give the number of your Voter ID Card/ PAN/ Driving License/ Passport/ School/ College ID/ Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private).
Ques 2: I have entered the wrong basic detail at the time of registration. Can I correct it?
Answer: Yes, but be very careful because your basic details can be changed twice only.
Ques 3: What will happen after the skill/ typing test?
Answer: Successful candidates will be called for document verification.
Ques 4: The admit card for Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam is the same or different?
Answer: Please note that separate admit cards are released for the tier 1 and tier 2 exam. Only those who will clear the Tier 1 exam will be able to download the admit card for the tier 2 examination.