SSC CAPF 2023: The Staff Selection Committee conducts computer-based test for recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF. Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for the test through online mode. It is expected that the application form will be relapsed in the month of September 2023. Candidates selected for appointment for posts of SI in CAPFs and ASI in CISF are liable to serve anywhere in India. This article provides complete information regarding the SSC CAPF 2023 selection process.
SSC CAPF 2023
- Care should be taken to provide only correct information in the application or else it might get rejected.
- The commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date.
- There will be two papers in the CAPF exam, Paper I and Paper, and the candidates need to clear both to be considered for selection.
- Answer keys will be placed on the commission’s website after the exam is over. Candidates not satisfied with the answer key can submit their objections on payment of Rs. 100/- per question.
- Those who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire.
SSC CAPF 2023 Important Dates
Check out the tentative schedule for SSC CAPF exam 2023:
|Important Events||Expected Schedule|
|Online application form release date||September 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for receipt of application form||October 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for online fee submission||October 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for fee submission through challan||October 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card for Paper I||December 2023, 1st week|
|Date of online exam (paper I)||December 2023, 2nd week|
|Issue of admit card for Paper II||December 2023, 4th week|
|Date of online exam (paper II)||December 2023, 4th week|
|Announcement of result||January 2023, 1st week|
SSC CAPF 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for the CAPF recruitment:
The following candidates are eligible:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- The age of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 1st January 2023.
Relaxation in upper age limit:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|For the posts of SI and ASI in CAPFs only|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|For ASI in CISF only|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 40 years of age- General candidates
Up to 45 years of age- SC/ ST candidates
|For Group ‘C’ Posts only|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married||Up to 35 years of age- General candidates
Up to 40 years of age- SC/ ST candidates
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police|
|Departmental Candidates who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 30 years of age- General candidates
Up to 33 years of age- OBC candidates
Up to 35 years of age- SC/ ST candidates
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required.
Physical fitness is an important parameter for selection and the candidates should be fit as per the criteria decided by the CAPF.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on or before the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
SSC CAPF 2023 Application Form
The candidates can apply online for CAPF 2023 exam by visiting the official SSC website www.ssc.nic.in. Candidates will first have to fill a registration form to generate registration number using which they can further obtain the application form.
- In the registration form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details, contact details, etc.
- Once the registration process is complete, the candidates can proceed towards filling the application form.
- To fill the application form, candidates will have to provide rest details such as those related to category, nationality, identity, address, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Duly-filled application form can then submitted on or before the last date along with the application fee.
- After submission, the applicants should take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The candidates will have to pay Rs. 100/- as application fee.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, net banking, credit card/ debit card or in cash at SBI branch by generating challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST and Ex-servicemen (ESM) are exempted from paying fee.
SSC CAPF 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for SSC CAPF recruitment test is provided below:
- Number of papers: 2
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of paper: 2 hours (each paper)
- Medium of exam: English & Hindi (except English specific sections)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 200
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: For each right answer, 1 mark will be given
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Topic||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
SSC CAPF 2023 Syllabus
A basic idea of the SSC CAPF exam syllabus is provide below.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Numerical & Symbolic Operations, Space Orientation, Venn Diagrams, Drawing Inferences, etc
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc
- Quantitative Aptitude: Percentage, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Cone, Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, etc
- English Comprehension: Basic Comprehension, Understanding and Writing Ability in English
- English Language and Comprehension: Error Recognition, Filling In the Blanks, Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words, Comprehension etc.
SSC CAPF 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card to appear in paper I will be released for the candidates who submit their applications on time.
- For paper II, admit card will only be issued to those qualifying paper I and PST/ PET.
- The admit cards can be downloaded from the website of the concerned regional/ sub-regional office of the commission.
- Candidates must carry a printout of their admit card while reporting for the exam or else they will be denied entry into exam hall.
SSC CAPF 2023 Result
- Candidates will be able to check the result of the SSC CAPF exam once published by the commission on its official website.
- The qualified candidates will be invited to take part in different rounds such as PST/ PET, DV, etc.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the different rounds of selection process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the different rounds of CAPF selection process?
The examination will consist of Paper I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME), in sequence.
- I am not able to find my admit card on the commission’s website. What should I do now?
In case of non-availability of admit card or issue in downloading the admit card, the student’s should at once contact the commission. The communication should be made providing the following details- registration number, registered email id and mobile number, name, date of birth and name of the examination.
- Is there any provision to change the exam center mentioned in my admit card if it is very far away?
No. the exam center as mentioned in the admit card will not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates appearing for exam at a center other than the one mentioned in the admit card will be disqualified.
- How can I provide the choice for post/ force for which I want to be considered?
The candidates shortlisted for document verification will be allowed to provide their choice for post/ force at the time of DV itself. Once provided, no change will be allowed in the preference.