SRMGEET 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
To select candidates for admissions into its M.Tech degree programme, the SRM University will be organizing SRMGEET 2020. This will be a computer-based test conducted hopefully in the month of May 2020. The application form for the exam will be released in November 2019 (tentatively) and the interested candidates can submit their form in both online and offline mode. The candidates wishing to appear for the entrance exam can get the complete details of SRMGEET 2020 such as eligibility, application process, syllabus, admit card, etc through this post.
SRMGEET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates regarding the SRMGEET 2020 are given below. These dates are however tentative in nature and the actual dates will be updated as soon as their official announcement is made.
|Availability of application form||November 2019, 3rd week|
|Last date for receiving of application form||March 2020, 4th week|
|Booking of slot for exam||March 2020, 4th week to April 2020, 1st week|
|Admit card release||After booking of exam slot|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2020|
|Declaration of result||May 2020/ June 2020|
SRMGEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria have been laid by the authorities to be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to apply for SRMGEET 2020:
- The candidates should have done BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in a related branch from a recognized institute/ university.
- The minimum aggregate marks to be obtained in the qualifying exam are 50%.
- The details of the program-wise eligibility can be found on the official website of the university.
SRMGEET 2020 Application Form
The candidates can apply for SRMGEET in online as well as offline mode. The online application form will be made available on the university website srmuniv.ac.in. The candidates can either submit the application online or can download the form and send it to the university along with the application fee DD. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide important details such as name, date of birth, email id, contact number, information related to their qualifying exam, photograph, signature, etc. after providing all the details in the application form, the candidates can submit it with the prescribed application fee.
The candidates can submit their fee either online using net banking/ debit card/ credit card or offline through demand draft. The candidates who submit the hard copy of the application from will have to submit their fee offline. The application fee for online application will be Rs 1100/- (whether it is submitted online or offline) and the cost of the offline application form will be Rs 1160/-.
SRMGEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The basic SRMGEET exam pattern 2020 is provided below to provide the aspirants familiarity with the nature of the exam:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2:30 hours
- Language of question paper: English
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: 3 marks will be provided for each right answer and there will be no negative marking.
SRMGEET 2020 Syllabus
The SRMGEET 2020 syllabus will be based on the topics studied by the candidates during their B.Tech degree. In all tests (except for Bio-Technology and Food Processing programme), some basic questions will be asked from Mathematics. The rest questions will be from the relevant field of undergraduate study.
In order to get the campus of their choice, it is important that the candidates clear the SRMGEET 2020 will good rank. Here, we are providing certain basic strategies that can be followed by the candidates for scoring well in the entrance test.
- It is very important to have a strong basic to clear a postgraduate entrance exam. Make your basics clear first and afterwards move to the complex topics.
- Pay close attention in your class (undergraduate level) as the best way to start the preparation is by studying properly starting from the undergraduate level only.
- Study only form authentic sources. Do not refer to too many books. That will only create confusion in your mind.
- Practice daily and revise regularly. Both these things are very important for preparation of any exam. Practicing will help you in finding your strong and weak points and by regular practice you will not forget older topics while proceeding with your studies.
SRMGEET 2020 Admit Card
The candidates after submitting their application will have to book the slot for entrance examination. After the successful slot booking, the candidates will be able to download their SRMGEET 2020 admit card. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card to the exam center in order to appear for the exam. No applicant under any circumstances will be allowed entry in the exam hall without a valid admit card.
SRMGEET Result and Counseling 2020
The SRMGEET 2020 result will be announced online on the official website of the university. The candidates will be able to see the result using their login id and password on their dashboard. As per the marks obtained by the candidates, a merit list will also be prepared. The successful candidates will then be invited for the counseling process as per the merit list.