For admissions into the M.Tech courses offered by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, an entrance exam SRMGEET 2023 will be conducted. The exam will be held in online mode in the month of April 2023 tentatively. Candidates who are interested can apply for the exam in online mode. It is expected that the application form will release in the month of October 2020. In this article, complete details of the M.Tech entrance test and the admission process is provided.
- SRM Institute will grant admission in M.Tech to the candidates with a valid GATE/ TANCET/ SRMGEET score.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose their preferred specialization/branch of study in a particular campus based on their merit.
- The candidates should make sure of their eligibility before applying for the exam as the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
- Facility to pay the SRMGEET application fee is available in both online and offline mode.
- Successfully registered candidates can book slot for appearing in the exam and select center of their choice based on availability.
SRMGEET 2023 Exam Dates
Check the important dates (tentative) related to SRMGEET 2023 in the table below.
|Online application form release date||October 2022, last week|
|Last date for application submission||March 2023, last week|
|Commencement of slot booking||April 2023, 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||After successful slot booking|
|Entrance exam date||April 2023, 3rd to 4th week|
|Declaration of result||May 2023/ June 2023|
|Beginning of interview/ counseling round||July 2023 onwards|
SRMGEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different specialization have been provided below.
|Computer Science and Engineering- Data Science||BE/ B.Tech in CSE/ IT/ SWE or M.Sc (CSE/ IT/ Maths) or MCA with at least 50% aggregate marks|
|Computer Science and Engineering- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning|
|Computer Science and Engineering- Cyber Security|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering- Electronics Product Design & Development||BE/ B.Tech in ECE/ ICE/ EEE/ EIE scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering- Energy Systems||BE/ B.Tech in EEE with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate|
|Mechanical Engineering- Robotics||BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Automobile Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechatronics Engineering/ ECE/ EEE/ ICE/ CSE (or) AMIE (Mech.)/ AMAeSI (Aero)/ IMechE (or) equivalent obtaining at least 50% aggregate marks|
SRMGEET 2023 Application Form
- SRMGEET 2023 application form will be released online and can be obtained from the URL https://applications.srmap.edu.in/.
- Basic personal and academic details of the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- Uploading scanned photograph and signature of the candidates is also mandatory into the form.
- Once the details are entered correctly and completely into the application form, it can be submitted along with the application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1100/- and can be paid online (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline (demand draft).
- For DD submission, the candidates need to take a printout of the filled-in application form and send it to the institute along with the draft.
- The draft should be drawn in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai and candidates’ name and address should be written on the reverse side.
- Draft along with the form should reach the following address before the last date of application submission:
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District,
Tamil Nadu 603203
SRMGEET 2023 Exam Pattern
The quick overview of SRMGEET 2023 exam pattern is given here:
- Mode of exam: Computer-based test
- Medium of exam: English
- Exam duration: 2:30 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 3 marks.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
SRMGEET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates need to book their slot for appearing in the entrance test after which they can download their admit card.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center.
- Without the admit card, candidates won’t be able to enter the examination hall let alone give the test.
- Important information related to the exam like center and schedule will be mentioned in the admit card.
- The admit card should be kept safe even after the exam is over as it will also be required at the time of admission.
SRMGEET 2023 Result
- The university will announce the result of SRMGEET 2023 on its official website tentatively in the month of May or June.
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test will be called further to attend the interview round.
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their combined performance in online test and interview.
- Clearing both will make the candidates eligible for admission subject to verification of documents and eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the specification for uploading documents into the application form?
- Photograph: Size should be between 10 kb and 200 kb and the dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- Signature: Size should be between 10 kb and 200 kb and the dimension should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
Question 2: Is the cost of application submitted online and offline same?
Yes. Whether you submit your application form online or offline, you need to pay an application fee of Rs. 1100/- only.
Question 3: How can I contact admissions helpline in case I face any trouble with application or something else?
You can contact the helpline through any of these two ways-
- Phone number: 044 – 27455510, 47437500
- Email id: [email protected]