Sri Ramachandra University was formerly known as Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute. It is one of the best universities in Tamil Nadu for various medical courses at UG and PG levels. Apart from this, the university also offers courses at doctorate level such as M.Phil and Ph.D. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Aspirants must check the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form. All the necessary details related to the Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 are given below.
The Sri Ramachandra University consists of the following colleges.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Pharmacy
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Nursing
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Management Sciences
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Biomedical Sciences & Technology
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Public Health
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Sports & Exercise Sciences
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Clinical Research
- Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Engineering and Technology
The following courses are offered by Sri Ramachandra University.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Immuno Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Medicine
- Radio –Diagnosis
- Dermatology, Venereology and Lepros
- Sports Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medical Anatomy
- Medical Physiology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Microbiology & Applied Molecular Biology
- Clinical Embryology
- Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Neuro-Surgery (3 years course)
- Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Neuro-Surgery (6 years course)
- B.Sc.(Hons) Sports and Exercise Sciences
- B.Sc.(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Applied Molecular Biology
- B.Sc. (Trauma Care Management)
- B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Health Informatics
- B.Sc. Data Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Environmental Health Sciences
- B.Sc. Applied Psychology
- B.Sc. Clinical Research
- B.Sc.(Hons) Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.B.A. Hospital & Health Systems Management
The tentative dates for admission to Sri Ramachandra University are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the application form submission||In the month of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form for UG admission||3rd week of May 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of June 2021|
|Interview for the selected UG courses||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application for PG courses||4th week of June 2021|
|Date of entrance test||4th week of June 2021|
|Interview for the selected candidates||2nd week of July 2021|
Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting the application form.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/ or Biology or (Botany & Zoology) or equivalent PCI recognized qualification
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate. Also, aspirants must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry and any one of Biology/ Mathematics /Computer Science / Statistics/ Electronics/ Psychology/ Biotechnology/ any other science subject.
- B.P.T./ B.O.T./ B.Sc. Nursing (Basic)/ B.Sc.(Hons) Allied Health Sciences/ B.Sc.(Hons) Renal and Dialysis Technology/ B.Sc.(Hons) Respiratory Therapy/ B.Sc.(Hons) Radiology and Imaging Science Technology/ B.Sc.(Hons) Cardiac Technology
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or (Botany & Zoology)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Radio Therapy Technology
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)
- The candidates must passin Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery from an institution recognised by INC.
- Aspirants must also be a registered Nurse and registered Midwife of Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai.
Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 Application Form
The application form for most of the courses will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Given below are the application details of Sri Ramachandra University admission 2021.
- To start the application process, candidates need to visit the official website of the university.
- On the official website, aspirants are required to register by entering some of their basic details like name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, candidates may log in to access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants need to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Along with the application form, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Photocopy of the H.S.C. (+2) equivalent examination Hall Ticket, if appeared for H.S.C. or equivalent Examination in March/April 2020
- Password size photograph
- Mark statement(s) issued by (State Board/CBSE/ISC or any other equivalent authority) if already passed +2 Examination, Birth Certificate
- Signature of the candidate
- Birth Certificate for proof of age (if date of birth is not given in the HSC Mark Statement/HSC Hall Ticket.
- Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST/BC/OBC/MBC candidates.
- The format and size of the images should as per the specifications available on the official website.
- It is advised to keep the application form submitted safe for future requirements.
- The application fees for Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 depends upon the course. However, the application fee for group A courses like – B.Sc., BPT, B.Sc. Nursing, etc. – Rs. 1000/-
- The application fee is the same for the candidates of all categories.
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- The admit card/ hall ticket will be made available one week prior to the date of examination.
- Admit cards will be made for download online through the official website of the university.
- Information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- It is recommended to keep the admit card safe even after the examination for future requirements.
Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 Exam pattern
The pattern of the entrance exam is different for the various courses. However, aspiring candidates can check the exam pattern of the UG courses such as –
B.Pharmacy, B.Sc.(Hons) Radio Therapy Technology, B. Optom. (Bachelor of Optometry), B.Sc. Nursing (Basic), B.P.T, B.O.T., B.Sc.(Hons) Biomedical Sciences, B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic), M.Sc. Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology (5-year Integrated), etc.
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 180
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Maximum marks: 100
Subject-wise distribution of questions
|Subjects||Number of questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90|
Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021 Result
- The result of the entrance exam will be made available online through the official website.
- All the candidates will be able to check the result by entering their roll number and other registration details.
- The details about the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam will be available on the official website.
- Along with the result, the university will also release a merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- The merit list will be prepared after taking care of the reservation norms of the university.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will get their names in the counselling process.
- All those candidates who will be shortlisted after the declaration of the result or merit list will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, all the formalities of the admission process will take place.
- Authorities will verify all the documents at the time of the counselling.
- It is the duty of the candidates to carry their original documents for verification while reporting for the counselling.
- The seats will be allotted based on the entrance examination or qualifying examination merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: On what basis the admission to MBBS course will be offered?
Answer: The admission will be offered based on the NEET-UG scores.
Question – 2: What is the eligibility criteria to apply for the M.Sc in Clinical Embryology?
Answer: Aspirants should have an MBBS degree and must have completed internship (CRRI)
Question – 3: Sri Ramachandra Medical College is a government institute or a private institute?
Answer: It is a private institute.
Question – 4: What is the fee structure for admission to Sri Ramachandra University Admission 2021?
Answer: The fee structure applicable for different courses is given below.
- Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy): Rs. 150000/-
- B. Pharmacy: Rs. 125000/-
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (B.ASLP): Rs. 150000/-
- B.Sc. Nursing (Basic): Rs. 100000/-
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic): Rs. 75000/-
- B.P.T. (Bachelor of Physiotherapy): Rs. 125000/-
- B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy): Rs. 100000/-
- B.Sc. (Hons) Allied Health Sciences (AHS): Rs. 125000/-
- B.Sc.(Hons) Renal and Dialysis Technology: Rs. 125000/-
- B.Sc.(Hons) Respiratory Therapy: Rs. 125000/-
- B.Sc.(Hons) Radiology and Imaging Science Technology: Rs. 125000/-
- B.Sc.(Hons) Cardiac Technology: Rs. 125000/-
- B.Sc.(Hons) Radio Therapy Technology: Rs. 150000/-
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biomedical Sciences: Rs. 125000/-
- B.Optom. (Bachelor of Optomerty): Rs. 150000/-
- M.Sc. Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology (5-year Integrated): Rs. 125000/-
Note: The fees mentioned above are as per the fee-structure of the last year which is subjected to change.