The SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) entrance exam, conducted by UPSC, shortlists the candidates for admission in undergraduate program offered at Indian Railways Institute. This exam has been discontinued since 2015 and till now there is no such information whether it will be conducted in 2023 or not. In case any official announcement is made in this regard, we will update it here in this post. For now, the candidates hoping for this exam to be continued again can check the complete details of the SCRA 2023 from this article.
SCRA 2023 Major Highlights
- Candidates before applying for the exam must ensure their eligibility criteria for admissions.
- The application form, admit card, result, etc all will be released only in online mode.
- There is no need to send hard copy of application form or any other document to the commission’s office.
- Only the candidates who clear both the written test and the personality test will be considered for admissions.
- Final admission will be subject to verification of document and fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
SCRA 2023 Important Dates
The actual dates for SCRA 2023 exam has not been announced officially. Once the official announcement is made, the dates given here will be updated.
|Availability of online application form||Not announced yet|
|Last date for submission of application form||Not announced yet|
|Issue of admit card||Not announced yet|
|Date of entrance exam||Not announced yet|
|Declaration of result||Not announced yet|
|Date of personality test||Not announced yet|
|Declaration of final result||Not announced yet|
SCRA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility that must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for SCRA 2023 is given below:
Applying candidates should either be
- Citizen of India, Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal, or
- Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently, or
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently
- The age of the candidates should be between 17 to 21 years as on 1st January 2023.
- A relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit will be given to the OBC candidates and 5 years to SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen candidates.
- Candidates should have completed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- The applicants should have scored at least 45% marks in their qualifying exam in order to be eligible.
- Those appearing in their class 12th exam are also eligible to apply.
SCRA 2023 Application Form
The application form for SCRA 2023 exam will be released on the official website of UPSC. Candidates, after making sure that they meet the eligibility requirements, can fill and submit their application form in online mode.
- The application form can be filled by the candidates by providing their basic details such as name, gender, category, passing year, obtained marks, etc.
- Candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their signature and photograph in the application form.
- Application form with correct and complete details can then be submitted online.
- Care must be taken to avoid any mistake in the application form as incorrect application will be rejected summarily.
- Along with the form, the candidates will also have to pay a specified amount of application fee.
- Once submitted successfully, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates of general/ OBC category will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female candidates will be exempted from payment of application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
SCRA Exam Pattern 2023
The overview of SCRA 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Number of section: 2
- Section A: English, Psychology and General knowledge
- Section B: Mathematics and Physical Science
- Duration of exam: 2 hours (each section)
- Total marks: 600
SCRA 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in the entrance test will be released on the official website of UPSC.
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card using the registration details such as application number, date of birth, etc.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center.
- The details of the exam center will be communicated to the candidates through admit card.
- Admit card is an important document and must be preserved till the whole process of admission is over.
SCRA Result & Selection
- SCRA 2023 result will be announced in online mode and the candidates can check it from the official website.
- Candidates who score more than the prescribed cut-off will be considered as qualified.
- Based on the marks obtained in the written exam, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the personality test.
- Those reporting for personality test must carry their original certificates as document verification will also be done on that day.
- The applicants who clear the personality test and whose documents are verified successfully will be offered final admissions.
5 thoughts on “SCRA 2023: Notification, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria”
SCRA exam details
When release scra exam application form
Which date release scra application form
Plz let me know that when will be conduct scra exam fo 2020 to 2021
What a date release scra exam application form