UPSC will conduct the SCRA 2022 to select the candidates for admission in undergraduate program offered at Indian Railways Institute. However, it is not confirmed that the exam will be held in the year 2022 as it has been discontinued from the 2015 onwards. As for now, no official declaration has been made by the authorities. In case, any news regarding this exam comes, it will be updated right away in this post. The candidates can find the complete details of the SCRA 2022 admission process such as eligibility, application, etc form this article, in case the exam is conducted.
- The complete application process, from filling and submitting the application form to payment of application fee, will be online.
- Admit card will not be sent to the candidates through courier or post and will only be released on the commission’s website.
- Any incorrect or incomplete information in the application form will make it liable for rejection.
- The candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
- Candidates found ineligible for admissions at any rejected will be disqualified and any kind of fees submitted will be forfeited.
The candidates can check the tentative dates related to SCRA 2022 exam from the table below. Actual dates will be updated after their official announcement.
|Online application form release date||Not announced yet|
|Last date for online application submission||Not announced yet|
|Release of e-admit card||Not announced yet|
|Entrance exam date||Not announced yet|
|Result announcement||Not announced yet|
|Date of personality test||Not announced yet|
|Final result announcement||Not announced yet|
Candidates will be able to obtain the application form for SCRA 2022 from the official website of UPSC. After filling the important details into the application form, the candidates can submit it along with the required application fee.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide details such as name, category, date of birth, class 12th passing year, marks obtained, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded in the application form.
- Choice for center of exam will also be asked by the candidates in the application form.
- Duly-filled application form should be submitted online on or before the last date of registration process.
- Applicants should take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- There is no need to send the application form printout to the commission’s office.
- The application fee for SCRA 2022 exam will be Rs. 100/-, except for SC/ ST/ PWD/ female candidates who are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of the application can be done online using debit card/ credit card or net banking facility.
- Application fee once submitted will neither be refunded nor adjusted under any circumstances.
The below-mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by those wishing to apply for SCRA 2022 exam:
|Age limit||Candidates between ages 17 to 21 years as on 1st January 2022 are eligible to apply.|
|Nationality||Citizens of India, Subjects of Bhutan or Nepal; Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling; Persons of Indian Origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling can apply for SCRA 2020.|
|Academic criteria||Applicants should have completed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and have scored a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.|
- A relaxation of 3 years to the OBC category candidates and 5 years to SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen category candidates will be given in upper age limit.
- Candidates appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2022 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates can check below the overview of the SCRA 2022 exam pattern:
- Exam duration: 2 hours for each section
- Mode of exam: Online (computer-based test)
- Total marks: 600
- Number of sections: 2 (section A and section B)
- Important topics:
- Section A: English, Psychology and General Knowledge
- Section B: Mathematics and Physical Science
- The SCRA 2020 admit card will be published in online mode on the official website of commission.
- Candidates should download the admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in the absence of a valid admit card.
- Admit card mutilated or distorted in any manner will not be considered as valid.
- Details of the exam such as venue address, date, time, etc will be intimated to the candidates through the admit card.
- Applicants who appeared successfully for the exam will be able to check the result in online mode.
- The commission will release the result of the online test on their official website.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in the next round of selection on the basis of their names in the merit list.
- The candidates who qualify the online test will have to take part in the personality test round.
- At the time of personality test, the documents, eligibility, etc of the candidates will also be verified.
- Candidates should therefore carry their important certificates along with them while reporting for the test.
- Once the candidates clear the personality test and their certificates are checked successfully, they will be considered for final admissions.
- Those failing to report for the test or admissions will forfeit their seats and lose their candidature.