The candidates aspiring to appear for the SBI Clerk exam are advised to make sure that they fulfill the required SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2020. Candidates are required to have a degree in graduation in order to be eligible. This is only the educational criteria and the overall eligibility criteria will be described in terms of nationality, age, etc as well. Only those who meet all the requirements are suggested to fill their SBI Clerk Application Form 2021. The candidates who are found to be in violation of these criteria will be disqualified at any stage.
- Only the candidates qualifying the main exam will be eligible for the test for local language.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of joining.
- The candidates who are working in SBI in the Clerical or Officer cadre are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates who were earlier employed in State Bank of India in clerical or officer cadre and later resigned from the bank will also be not eligible to apply for the post.
- Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character and antecedents, moral turpitude etc are not eligible.
- Candidates with record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues and/ or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other agencies is available are not eligible.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2021 in terms of age, nationality and academic qualification are given below. Check complete details before applying for the exam.
- Indian national candidates are eligible to apply for SBI Clerk exam 2021.
Age limit (as on 1st April 2021):
- The minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years, i.e., should be born not later than 02.04.2000.
- The maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 28 years, i.e., should be born not earlier than 02.04.1993.
Relaxation in age
Candidates belonging to reserved categories will be offered a relaxation in the upper age as per the following rules:
|OBC candidates||3 years|
|SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC) candidates||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST) candidates||15 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service + 3 years (8 years for disabled ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ ST category) subject to maximum age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS candidates, 38 years for OBC candidates & 40 years for SC/ ST candidates)|
- The candidates holding a graduation degree in any stream done from a recognized university or its equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2021.
- Those who are in the final semester of their graduation may also apply, given that they will clear the exam before appointment.
- Candidates will be eligible to apply for vacancies in any one state only.
- The applicants must be proficient in (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) in the specified opted local language of that State.
- A test for knowledge of specified opted local language will be conducted as a part of selection process.
- Candidates who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be required to undergo the language test.