The SASTRA University invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for admission to its distance B.Ed degree programme. The application form can be obtained from the month of November 2023 onwards (tentatively). The process of filling and submitting of the application form can be done in offline mode. Candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of their performance in their qualifying degree programme. Find complete details related to the SASTRA University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 here from this article.
Study Centers for B.Ed. Programme
The following colleges of Education are identified as study centers for SASTRA University B.Ed programme:
- SASTRA Deemed University Main Campus, Thanjavur
- Dr. S.R.J. College of Education, Thanjavur
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, SASTRA University, Kumbakonam
- Jamal Mohamed College of Teacher Education, Tiruchirappalli
- Kongunadu College of Education, Trichy District
- Dr. N.G.P. College of Education, Coimbatore
- Ruby College of Preceptors, Madurai
- Loyola College of Education, Chennai
- JSR College of Education, Tiruppur District
- Stella Matutina College of Education, Chennai
SASTRA University Distance B.Ed 2023 Important Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to SASTRA University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 in the table below:
|Availability of application form for download||1st week of November 2023 (tentative)|
|Last date to submit the application form||Yet to be announced|
|Display of merit list||Yet to be announced|
|Issuance of call letter for counseling||Yet to be announced|
|Commencement of counseling process||Yet to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for SASTRA University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023
The eligibility criteria for SASTRA University Distance B.Ed Admission 2023 are provided below:
- A bachelor’s degree in Arts (BA)/ Literature (B.Lit.) or B.Sc in Tamil/ English/ History/ Geography/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Applied Physics/ Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry/ Bio Chemistry/ Botany/ Zoology/ Micro Biology/ Bio-technology/ Environmental Science/ Dietetics/ Applied Geography/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology in 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern from a recognized university is required.
- In case of Economics/ Commerce/ Home Science, the candidate must possess a post graduate degree with an undergraduate degree in the same subject from a recognized University.
- Candidate must possess a teaching diploma from the NCTE recognized Teacher Education Institution through face-to-face mode.
- The candidate should be Trained In-Service teacher with two years full time teaching experience in a Nursery/ Primary/ Secondary/ Higher secondary schools in Tamil Nadu recognized by the state or central Government.
- He/ she should be currently working as a teacher in a government recognized school.
SASTRA University Distance B.Ed 2023 Application Form
- The SASTRA University Distance B.Ed application form 2023 will be made available for download on the official website of the university www.sastra.edu.
- Candidates should download the application form and begin filling it in their own handwriting.
- Application form can be filled by providing the basic personal and educational details of the candidates like name, gender, qualification, university attended, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should be provided into the application form as well.
- The application form, duly filled in all respect, can be sent to the university along with the required application fee and important documents.
- A copy of the filled-in application form should also be kept by the candidates for any future correspondence.
- Incomplete & late application forms and forms furnishing false information will be summarily rejected without any information to the candidate concerned.
Address for sending application form
The application form enclosed with the following documents should be sent to the university at the following address:
Directorate of Distance Education
SASTRA Deemed University
Thanjavur – 613 401
Tamil Nadu, India
The following documents should be attached with the application copy and sent to the university:
- Passport size photograph duly attested by the gazetted officer affixed on the application
- Certificate for proof of date of birth
- Copies of certificates in support of educational qualifications for class 10+2, D.T.Ed, UG and PG degree
- Experience certificate duly attested by AEO/ Principal/ Headmaster/ Headmistress or any other competent authority
- Application fee for the SASTRA University distance B.Ed programme will be Rs. 650/.
- The application fee can be submitted in the form of a demand draft drawn in favor of SASTRA Deemed University, payable at Thanjavur.
Rank List Preparation
- Based on the marks of the candidates in their qualifying exam, a rank list will be prepared.
- Appropriate tie-breaking rules (as given below) will also be applied while drawing the rank list.
- The list will also be made available on the official website of the SASTRA University after it is prepared.
- Candidates whose names appear in this rank list will be invited to attend counseling and admission round.
Tie Breaking Rules
In case of a tie, with the same mark in the ranking, final ranking of candidates will be declared from the following in the order of merit:
- Percentage of marks scored by the candidate in the major subjects of the UG programme in four decimal correction
- Percentage of marks scored by the candidate in the allied subjects of the UG programme in four decimal correction
- Additional years of experience (excluding two years)
- Year of passing PG degree
- Date of birth
SASTRA University Distance B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- Those fulfilling eligibility criteria stipulated by the University will be intimated through a call letter to participate in the admission process.
- As per the call letter the applicant must appear before the counseling committee for confirming admission.
- At the time of counseling, the candidates must report with their original documents for verification.
- Upon verification of the documents, study centers will be allotted to the candidates as per the rules of the university.
- Selected candidates should then complete the formalities of admission as guided by the university.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Apart from being available online, is there any other way to obtain the application form?
Answer: The application form can also be obtained in person from the Admissions Office, SASTRA campus on payment of Rs. 600/- or via post on payment of Rs. 650/- via demand draft drawn in favor of SASTRA Deemed University, payable at Thanjavur.
Question 2: What is the duration of SASTRA University Distance B.Ed programme?
Answer: The B.Ed programme will be of two years duration. In any case, the programme needs to be completed within a maximum period of four years after enrolment.
Question 3: Is it possible to change the study center once the allotment is done?
Answer: No. Change of study centre is not permitted after the counseling is over.
Question 4: What will be the medium of instruction for B.Ed programme of the university?
Answer: The medium of instruction for the B.Ed programme offered by the SASTRA University will be English.
Question 5: Whom can I contact in case I change my correspondence address?
Answer: If you change your address, you should inform the University about your new contact address at once in the prescribed format with your application number, your name and full address with pin code.