The Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University (SOA) organizes a university-level admission test for selecting students for enrolment into its different courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA, etc. Candidates desirous of taking this test can submit their application form online. The entrance test will be held in both online and offline mode as per the scheduled designed by the university. The application form for SAAT 2021 has been released on 5th February 2021. Applicants must ensure their eligibility before applying for admission to this university.
SAAT 2021 is now available from 5th February 2021. Eligible candidates can apply here
SAAT 2021 Main Highlights
- Admission to MBBS, BDS, MD/ MS and MDS courses will be done through NEET 2021.
- Hall ticket will be issued only to those eligible candidates submit their application form complete in all respects in time.
- 15% and 7.5% seats in all programmes are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to SC and ST category by birth (not by marriage or adoption).
- OBC candidates are only eligible for mark relaxation and there will be no seat reservation for them.
- No reservation norms are applicable for lateral entry admissions.
SAAT 2021 Important Dates (Tentative)
In the table below, the important dates related to SAAT 2021 are given.
|Online application form release date||5th February 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||31st May 2021|
|Issue of admit card||June 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2021|
|Result announcement||July 2021|
|Beginning of counseling round||July 2021|
SAAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Check out the eligibility to appear for certain courses for which SAAT will be conducted.
For undergraduate courses:
- B.Tech: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Informatics/ Statistics/ Information Technology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject scoring not less than 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) is required.
- B.Pharma: Candidates need to clear their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology.
- BA LLB (Hons): Applicants should have passed their class 12th exam with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST and 42% for OBC candidates) in aggregate.
- BBA: Those who have passed their class 12th exam are eligible to apply.
- BCA: A pass in class 12th with Mathematics as a compulsory subject is mandatory.
For postgraduate courses:
- M.Tech: The candidates should hold a BE/ B.Tech degree in the relevant field or any equivalent degree.
- M.Pharma: Candidates with a degree in B.Pharma can apply.
- LLM: Applicants with LLB degree or equivalent are eligible for LLM course.
- MBA: Any bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- MCA: A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks (45% SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) and Mathematics as a subject at either +2 or +3 level is required.
SAAT Application Form 2021
The application form for SAAT 2021 will be released on the official website of university expectedly in the month of December 2020. Candidates are suggested to keep the important details ready before applying for the admission test.
- The candidates will have to provide the basic personal and academic details into the application form.
- Applicants will also be required to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format in the application form.
- Once all the details are entered in the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Before submission, the candidates must check the application form as any incorrect information can make the form liable to rejection.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form after submission and keep it safe in case of future reference.
There is no application fee required to apply for the SAAT.
SAAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The SAAT exam pattern overview is provided here.
- Mode of exam: Online and offline both
- Medium of test: English
- Exam duration: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 120
- Total marks: 120
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded, for each correct answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
For LLB/ BCA/ BBA:
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|English including Comprehension||20||20|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||20||20|
|Elementary Numerical Aptitude||20||20|
|Legal Aptitude/ Legal Awareness||30||30|
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
SAAT Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for some courses under SAAT are provided below.
For B.Tech/ B.Pharma
- Physics: Kinematics, Rotational Motion, Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, etc
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Co-Ordination Compounds, Hydrocarbons, Biomolecules, etc
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Functions, Sequences and Series, Integral Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, etc
- Biology: History, Plant Cell, Morphology of Angiosperms, Continuity of Plant Life, Animal World, Multi Cellularity in Animals, Types of Respiration, Environmental Biology, etc
Lateral Entry (B.Tech):
- Basic Electrical Engineering: Electrostatics, Electromagnetism & Electrodynamics, D.C. Circuits, A.C. Circuits, Illumination, etc
- Mathematics: Ordinary Differential Equations, Laplace Transforms, Series Method, Matrices, etc
- Engineering Mechanics: Statics, Dynamics and Work & Energy
- Mathematics: Algebra of Sets, Number Systems, Trigonometry, Vectors, Integral Calculus, etc
- Computer Awareness: Computer Arithmetic, BASIC Language Programming
SAAT Admit Card 2021
- Admit card for SAAT 2021 will be available for download from the month of April 2021 onwards.
- The candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website using their application number.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center on the exam day.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in the absence of a valid admit card.
- Admit card will contain name, photograph, programme, subject, address of the candidate, address of the test centre and test schedule.
SAAT 2021 Result
- The result of the SAAT exam will be announced through online mode hopefully in the month of May 2021.
- Along with the result, the rank card of the candidates will also be made available and can be downloaded from the official website.
- The authorities will also prepare a merit list of the successful candidates as per their marks in the exam. Separate lists for separate courses will be drawn.
- Qualified candidates can provide their choices for course specialization online. Counseling process will begin after the choice filling is over.
Following original documents need to be brought on the day of the final admission.
- Admit card of SAAT
- Rank card
- Identity Proof (Aadhar)
- Original Date of Birth Certificate
- Original School/ College Leaving Certificate
- Class 12th certificate/ mark sheet
- Class 10th certificate/ mark sheet
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet (for postgraduate courses)
- Two sets of attested photocopy of all original documents
- Four recent passport size colored photographs
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed format along with original caste certificate
SAAT 2021 FAQs
What can I do if there is error in my admit card details?
If any discrepancy is noticed in the admit card, it should immediately be brought to the notice of the Director, Admissions.
How do I know if my application form is submitted successfully?
The acknowledgement for successful submission of application form will be intimated on the registered email id and/ or mobile number.
Is there any other pathway for admission into the B.Tech degree course of SOA University?
Candidates applying for B.Tech degree programme can apply on the basis of their JEE main rank as well.