RIMC Dehradun 2023: Applications are invited from the interested candidates for admission into Rashtriya Indian Military College twice a year. Admissions are granted in two sessions- January and July and applications for them are released in online mode. Boy and girl candidates studying (or passed) in class 7th are eligible to apply. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in a written exam followed by viva-voce/ interview and medical exam. Complete details of the RIMC Admission 2023 are available in this post.
- Only the application form issued by the RIMC will be considered as valid. Locally printed/ photocopied and without RIMC hologram (seal) forms shall not be accepted.
- The candidates must not have attained the age of 13 years as on 1st January/ 1st July (depending on the session) of the year of admission.
- Application form should be sent to the respective state government and not to the Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- RIMC will not be responsible for any postal delay and loss in transit of prospectus caused by illegible or incomplete address.
- The candidate can be withdrawn at any time on the request by parent or by a decision of the college by paying a specified amount.
- Generally one vacancy per state is available. However some states with have large population, have up to 2 vacancies.
RIMC Dehradun Admission 2023 Schedule
Check below the important dates related to RIMC Admission 2023:
|Availability of application form and prospectus||To be announced later||To be announced later|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be announced later||To be announced later|
|Admit card issue date||To be announced later||To be announced later|
|Date of entrance test||To be announced later||To be announced later|
|Issue of call letter for the interview||date will be intimated later||To be announced later|
|Date of interview||date will be intimated later||To be announced later|
|Beginning of classes||date will be intimated later||To be announced later|
*The actual dates will be made available by the Government of India, in all the national/ leading newspapers and will also be updated here.
RIMC Dehradun 2023 Eligibility Criteria
RIMC 2023 eligibility criteria are given as follows:
|Age limit||The minimum and maximum age limit for RIMC admissions is 111/2 years and 13 years (should not be attained) respectively as on 1st January 2023 (for January session) or 1st July 2023 (for July session).|
|Gender||Only boy candidates can apply for admissions.|
|Academic criteria||Those who have passed or are studying in class 7th in any recognized school or board as on 1st January 2023 (for January session) or 1st July 2023 (for July session) are eligible.|
|Medical standards||Applicants must be physically and medically fit in order to be eligible.|
RIMC 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can obtain RIMC 2023 application form and booklet of old question papers from the Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- For this, a self-addressed slip and an account payee bank demand draft of the prescribed application fee should be sent to Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Pin code 248003 through speed post.
- Now, to fill the application form, the students will have to provide their basic details such as name, father’s name, date of birth, etc.
- After filling the details into the application form, the candidates should send it to the respective state governments along with important documents.
- Candidates must submit the application advance in time so as to reach before the last date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The application fee will be Rs. 600/- for general candidates and Rs. 555/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- Payment of application fee can be done via demand draft drawn in favor of “THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, BRANCH SBI TEL BHAWAN, DEHRADUN, BANK CODE 01576, UTTARAKHAND.
Along with the hard copy of the filled-in application form, copies of the following documents must also be sent:
- Two copies of application in duplicate in prescribed form
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Domicile certificate of the candidate
- SC/ ST certificate of the candidate, if applicable
- Two passport size photographs
- Certificate from principal of the school in original with photograph, attested and stating candidate’s date of birth and class in which candidate is studying
RIMC 2023 Admit Card
- The respective state governments will release the admit card to appear in the written test.
- In the admit card, details of the candidates such as name, address, photograph, signature and roll number will be indicated.
- Details of the exam, date center and address will also be printed on the admit card.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken by the candidates and carried to the exam center on exam day.
- Call letter for interview/ viva-voce will be released separately for those who qualify the written exam.
RIMC 2023 Exam Pattern
Overview of the RIMC entrance exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 4 hours 30 minutes (not in continuation)
- Medium of test: English or Hindi (except for English section)
- Total marks: 400
|General Knowledge||75||60 minutes|
RIMC 2023 Result
- The result of the written test for all the candidates will be announced on the official website of RIMC.
- Candidates who obtain more than 50% marks in each subject will be declared as qualified.
- State-wise list of the candidates will be released containing their names, marks obtained in each subject and total marks.
- However, the marks of the qualified students will not be shown and will be released only after the interview.
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted in the respective states.
Viva & Medical Exam
- An oral exam will be conducted to assess a candidate’s intelligence, personality and confidence of the students.
- The exam will carry a total of 50 marks and those obtaining 50% marks will be considered as qualified.
- Details of the viva-voce such as time and location will be communicated to the candidates by the respective state governments.
- Students who clear the written as well as oral exam will be shortlisted for medical examination.
- The medical examination will be conducted at the selected Military Hospital.
- Those clearing this medical exam will be eligible for admissions.