Candidates wishing to pursue engineering program offered by the colleges in the State of Rajasthan need to go through the REAP eligibility criteria to check if they can apply for the REAP admission process or not. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to participate in the process for admission in B.E/B.Tech courses provided by various colleges under Rajasthan Technical University (RTU). Only Indian nationals can apply for admission under REAP. First preference for admission will be given to the JEE Main qualified candidates belonging to the state of Rajasthan. Candidates must fulfill all the requirements specified by the authority in order to apply for REAP process.
REAP Eligibility Criteria
Before a candidate proceeds for filling the REAP application form, it is important for him/her to go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority. Students can start filling the online application form from the 1st week of June 2022. The application form can only be filled online and candidates will have to visit the official website of the RTU to fill the same. The REAP eligibility criteria is as follows-
Nationality: A candidate should be an Indian National.
Age limit: Only the candidates born on or after 1st October 1996 can apply for REAP. Those from the reserved category can claim 5 years of relaxation in age. The date of birth recorded in the class 10th board mark sheet/certificate only will be considered as the proof of date of birth of the students.
- Qualifying examination: Students should have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university with science stream.
- Percentage required: Candidates should have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates of Rajasthan state) in the qualifying examination.
- Subject combination required: Candidates should have studied Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of the subjects Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science/Vocational Subject, and Biology.
Candidates will have to deposit a medical fitness certificate at the time of reporting in the college allotted to them through REAP. The certificate should be issued by a medical officer of the government of Rajasthan as per the standards given below-
- Height: For male candidates, the height should not be less than 1.5 m and 1.4 m for female candidates.
- Weight: The weight of the candidate should not be less than 41 kg for male candidates and 37 kg for female candidates.
- Chest measurement (male candidates only): Should not be less than 69 cm with satisfactory limits of expansion and contraction.
- Heart and lungs: There should be no abnormality in the heart and lungs.
- Hernia, Hydrocele, Piles etc: Presence of these diseases will render the candidate temporarily disqualified for admission.
- Vision: The vision of the students should be normal but if there is any defect then it must be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse eye. There should be no eye infection or other eye disease.
- Hearing: Normal
- Speech: The speaking ability of the candidate should be normal.
Domicile: Candidates from Rajasthan domicile can apply. However, those from states other than Rajasthan can also apply for admission. The domicile will be ascertained as per any of the given conditions-
- Category A: A candidate is himself or his/her parents are the Bonafide residents of Rajasthan.
- Category B: A candidate has studied from the educational institution located in Rajasthan for minimum 3 years (including the year in which he/she has passed the qualifying exam).
- Category C: Candidate is a son/daughter of either a serving employee or of a retired employee of any of the following: Government of Rajasthan (including officers of All India Service borne on the State cadre of Rajasthan) OR Undertakings/ Corporations/ Improvement Trusts/ Municipal Boards/Panchayat Samities / Co-operative Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan OR Statutory Bodies and Corporations formed under the Indian Companies Act incorporated in Rajasthan.