RBU stands for Rabindra Bharati University. This university selects the candidates for admission to 2 years B.Ed. Degree course based on previous academic performance. Those candidates who are looking to apply need to submit the duly filled application form before the last date. Please note that the application form will be released in online mode. 25% of the total seats are reserved for the deputed teachers who are teaching from class 9th to 12th. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of March 2023. It is the duty of all the candidates to ensure that they meet all the eligibility norms before submitting the application form. All the important details related to the RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 are provided in this post.
RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 Schedule
The tentative dates related to the RBU B.Ed Admission 2023 are given in the table below.
|Main Activities||Tentative dates|
|Releasing of official notification for admission||Last week of March 2023|
|Beginning of online application form submission||Last week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||2nd week of April 2023|
|Interview date for PwD candidates||2nd week of May 2023|
|Availability of 1st Provisional merit list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Provisional admission based on 1st merit list||Last week of May 2023|
|Release of 2nd provisional merit list (only if seats remain vacant)||Last week of May 2023|
|Provisional admission based on 2nd merit list||1st week of June 2023|
|Starting of the classes||1st week of July 2023|
RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for the candidates to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting the application form.
- The aspirants must have completed either Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanities from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Those candidates who have a Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology degree with a specialization in Science and Mathematics with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) or any other equivalent qualification can also apply. (As per NCTE regulations)
- The deputed teachers applying for admission must make sure that they are from the school that receives grant-in-aid from the government.
- As per the eligibility criteria, the gap in the study must not be more than 2 years from candidates applying a fresher.
- The criteria of a gap in studies are not applicable to deputed teacher candidates.
RBU B.Ed. 2023 Application Form
The authorities will accept the RBU B.Ed. Application Form 2023 in online mode only. In order to start the application form submission, aspirants need to visit the official website of the university.
- First of all, the eligible candidates need to register on the official website by providing some of their basic details like name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once the registration process, candidates will get their sign-in credentials.
- Next, the aspirants may sign-in and access the main application form.
- After that, candidates have to enter their complete academic, personal, and contact details in the application form in an accurate manner.
- Please note that the details entered in the application form must be authentic. Otherwise, the candidature of the applicant might get rejected.
- In addition to the details, candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photo and signature in the application form.
- In the next step, applicants have to pay the required application fee as per their categories.
- It is recommended that the candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future references.
The application fees are different for the candidates of various categories as given below.
- PWD candidates: Rs. 180/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 300/-
Note: The applicable bank charges also needed to be paid by the candidates in addition to the application fee.
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid in both online and offline mode. Those who are looking to pay online can use a credit card/ debit card/ net banking. For offline payment, candidates can use a bank challan.
RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 Merit list
- Once the application form submission process gets completed. The university will screen the applications received and release the RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 merit list.
- All the aspirants will be able to check the merit list online through the official website.
- For fresher applicants, the university will prepare the merit list based on the academic performance on the candidate in school, UG and PG level.
- The candidates will also receive their ranks based on the merit list.
- Successful candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the next round of the admission process i.e. counselling.
Counselling and Admission process
- The university will allow only those candidates to participate in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- All the important admission formalities will take place during the process of counselling.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to carry their original documents for verification at the time of the counselling.
- The schedule of counselling will be made available online after the release of merit list.
- The counselling process will take place in multiple rounds depending upon the seats availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1 I have taken a break of 3 years after completing my graduation. Can I apply for the RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023?
Answer: No, you are not eligible because as per the university’s norms, the candidates with a gap of more than 2 years from studies are not eligible.
Question – 2: What is the application fee for RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023?
Answer: The application fee for RBU B.Ed. Admission 2023 is Rs. 300/-. For PwD candidates, the application fee is Rs. 180/- + additional bank charges.
Question – 3: What certificates does a PwD candidate need to carry at the time of the Interview?
Answer: At the time of the interview, a PwD candidate must carry the following documents.
- Mark sheet of MP, HS, UG, PG etc.
- Admit card of MP
- Original PWD Certificate
- Acknowledgment copy (Bank payment receipt & Application submission receipt.)
Question – 4: Is it possible to submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will not be available offline mode. Candidates have to fill and submit the application form through the official website.
Question – 5: Can I pay the application fee in offline mode?
Answer: Yes, the application fee can be paid offline using a bank challan.