RMS Belgaum is one of the five Rashtriya Military Schools established in the year 1945 and preparing the students for Armed Forces since. Affiliated to CBSE, the school offers classes from grade VI to XII. Admissions are granted generally into class VI, however, depending on the vacancy it can also be offered into class IX and XI. Application forms for admission can be submitted by the interested and eligible candidates through offline mode. This article presents the complete details related to the Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Admission 2022-2023.
RMS Belgaum Basic Details
|Date of establishment||30th December 1945|
|Campus area||64.13 acres|
|Type of school||Government, all boys’ school|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Classes offered||Class VI to XII|
|Address||Camp Area, Belgavi, Karnataka – 590 009|
|Contact number||0831 2407531, 0831 2407530|
- Rashtriya Military School Belgaum is fully residential school that functions under the aegis of Ministry of Defence.
- Admission to class XI is based on class X board exam results. No written exam will be held for admission to class XI.
- A relaxation of 6 months in upper age limit is given to the wards of personnel killed in action.
- No TA/ DA or any other allowance is admissible for journeys undertaken for the interview.
- The admission of the candidate will be provisional until fitness certificate is received from the hospital.
RMS Belgaum Admission 2022 Important Dates
In the table below, the important dates (tentative) related to the Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Admission 2021 is provided:
|Important Events||Expected Dates|
|Last date for submission of application form||3rd week of October 2021|
|Date of entrance test||4th week of December 2021|
Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Eligibility Criteria 2022
Those meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Admission 2022:
- Age criteria:
- For class 6: The age of the candidates should be between 10 and 12 years as on 31st March 2022.
- For class 9: Candidates of age 13 to 15 years as on 31st March 2022 are eligible for admission.
- Gender: Admission into the RMS is open only for boy candidates.
- Academic qualification:
- For class 6: The candidates should have passed class 5th from a recognized school.
- For class 9: A pass in class 8th from a recognized school is required to be eligible.
- For class 11: Those who clear their class 10th exam from a recognized board can apply for admission.
- Medical standard: Candidates must be medically fit in order to be eligible for admission to Rashtriya Military School Belgaum.
Rashtriya Military School Belgaum 2022 Application Process
The candidates can obtain the Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Admission application form 2022 from any Rashtriya Military Schools upon cash payment of Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST candidates). Other than this, the application form can be obtained via post by sending a self-addressed slip and a demand draft of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 350/- for SC/ ST candidates). The draft should be drawn in favor of The Principal, Rashtriya Military School Belgaum.
- Into the application form, the basic personal and educational details of the candidates will be asked.
- Candidates will also be required to affix their photograph and put their signature into the application form.
- Choice for the hospital for the conduct of medical exam should also be provided into the form.
- Application form duly filled with correct details can then be submitted at the RMS Belgaum.
- A copy of the application form should also be kept safe by the candidates in case of future reference.
- Authorities will publish the admit card for appearing in the entrance test on the official website www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in.
- Candidates should download the admit card and take its printout. This printout should be carried by the candidates while reporting to the exam center.
- Details of the exam center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- The admit card should be kept safe till the complete process of admission is over.
RMS Belgaum Exam Pattern
An overview of the RMS Belgaum entrance exam pattern is given below.
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Medium of exam: English & Hindi for class 6 and English only for class 9
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
For class VI
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50|
For class IX
The following is the basic syllabus for the RMS Belgaum entrance exam 2022:
- For class 6: Questions of standard 5 level from the topics of Mathematics, English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and General Intelligence will be asked.
- For class 9: Questions of standard 8 level from the topics of Science, Mathematics, Social Science, English and Hindi will be asked.
Interview & Result
- Firstly, a merit list of the candidates will be made on the basis of their marks in the written exam (for successful candidates only).
- Candidates who clear the written test will be shortlisted for the interview at the Rashtriya Military School.
- Marks of the interview will be added to the score of the written test before and the final merit will be drawn.
- Merit list of the successful candidates and the allotment of school will be declared by the Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence (IHQ of MOD)/ MT-15
- Final results will be made available on the website www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in and on army intranet.
- Selected candidates will be admitted to the Rashtriya Military School Belgaum based on the availability of vacancies, medical fitness and reservation norms.
Medical Fitness Test
- All candidates are required to undergo medical fitness examination before admission to the School.
- The medical test will be conducted in the hospital mentioned by the candidates in the application form.
- Candidates found medically fit by the board of medical officers will only be given admissions.
- The candidate will also be required to remain medically fit during the course of his stay at Rashtriya Military School.
Hospitals where Medical Test will be conducted
The medical test of the shortlisted candidates will be held at the hospitals listed below.
|Eastern Command, Kolkata||11|
|Southern Command, Pune||12|
|Central Command, Lucknow||13|
|Western Command, Chandi Mandir||14|
|Air Force, Bangalore||15|
|Northern Command, C/o 56 APO||16|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Southern Command|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Western Command|
|Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt||34|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Eastern Command|
|151 Base Hospital||42|
|155 Base Hospital||43|
|158 Base Hospital||44|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Northern Command|
|92 Base Hospital, C/O 56 APO||53|
|150 Gen Hospital, C/O 56 APO||54|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Central Command|
|Base Hospital, Lucknow||70|
|INHS Sanjivini, Cochin||81|
|INHS Ashvini, Mumbai||82|
Fee Structure for Rashtriya Military School Belgaum
The expected Rashtriya Military School Belgaum fee structure is provided in the table below.
|Category||Tuition fee (per year)||Caution money (one time)|
|OR & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 4800/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|JCO & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 7200/-||Rs. 1800/-|
|Service Officers all three Forces (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 15000/-||Rs. 3800/-|
|Civilians||Rs. 24000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
|SC/ ST (25% of fee paid by the respective Category)||ORs- Rs. 1200/-
JCOs- Rs. 1800/-
Civilian- Rs. 6000/-
Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Scholarship Program
The non-entitled candidates can avail the scholarship for their studies in the RMS Belgaum. For this, they need to clear the common scholarship test conducted by the Army Headquarters. The scholarship will be given as per the following rules:
- Full remission of the school fees for those cadets whose parents’ income is less than Rs. 100,000/- in a financial year.
- Fees at half rates are charged from cadet whose parents’ income exceeds Rs. 100,000/- but is not more than Rs. 150,000/- in the financial year.
Facilities Available at RMS Belgaum
A list of the facilities that one can find at the Rashtriya Military School Belgaum is given below.
- Smart Classrooms
- Science Laboratories
- IT Lab
- Language Lab
- Mi Room
- CSD Canteen
- Art Gallery
- Photo Museum
- Sports facility- Cricket, Football, Hockey, Athletics track, Baseball, Basket Ball, Volleyball, Squash Court etc.
- Swimming Pool
- Assembly Halls
- QM Store
- MI Room
- Misc Facilities
Contact Info of Rashtriya Military School Belgaum
Address: Camp Area, Belgavi, Karnataka – 590 009
Phone no.: 0831 2407531, 0831 2407530
Email id: email@example.com
5 thoughts on “Rashtriya Military School Belgaum Admission 2022-2023”
I am studying in 10th std in Rlmss girls military school in pune.can I get the administration in RMS belgaum for 11 class.
Sir my son is in 4 class in coming April2021 he will be in 5th standard can I get details of 6th standard admission when we should give interview please confirm addmission form also
i am interest addimison for rms school in belagum
Sir,we are trying to get admission Std.6th from last year,please tell me the date of admissions this year.20-21.how to get it our child date of birth is 14/08/2008.please reply me,i requested you sir.thank you.
Sir I want to my son 6th class admission so reply us sir