PUTHAT 2022 stands for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2022. The official notification for this examination will be released by the Panjab University, Chandigarh. This examination is a gateway for admission to Bachelor of hotel management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM). Please note the entrance exam will be held at Chandigarh only. Interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. All the necessary details related to the PUTHAT 2022 are provided in this article.
PUTHAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for PUTHAT 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of prospectus and application form||4th week of March 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form||Last week of June 2022|
|Last date for the deposition of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date for the deposition of fee in online mode||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||2nd week of July 2022|
|Date on which the roll number will be available online||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date for the submission application fee with late of Rs. 500/-||3rd week of July 2022|
|Date of entrance test||Last week of July 2022|
|Tentative date of the declaration of the result||2nd week of August 2022|
|Date of availability of admission forms||2nd week of August 2022|
|Dates for the conduct of counselling||4th week of August 2022|
PUTHAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are looking to apply should make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria given below.
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board/ University/ Council.
- Please note that the candidates must have passed the class 12th or equivalent examination with English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- SC/ ST/ BC/ PwD category candidates must have a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate marks.
Note: Those candidates who are going to appear for the class 12th in the year 2022 are also eligible.
PUTHAT 2022 Application Form
The application form of PUTHAT 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website. The complete details related to the application process are provided below.
- To start the application process, candidates need to visit the official website.
- On the official website, aspirants have to register by providing some of their basic details including Name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, candidates will receive login credentials on their phone number, or email address.
- Then, applicants need to login in order to access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants are required to fill all the necessary educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from the details, candidates need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph, and signature.
- Along with the application form, candidates are required to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt.
The application fee for the candidates of different categories is given below.
- General: Rs. 2175/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD: Rs. 1088/-
Mode of payment: The application fee should be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
PUTHAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released in online mode through the official website of the university.
- Candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date will be able to download the admit card by entering their registration details.
- The date, timing, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- It is recommended to keep a printout of the admit card safe for future references.
PUTHAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing for the PUTHAT 2022 should know the exam pattern given below.
- Type of question: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of question: 100
- Duration of the exam: 90 minutes
- Language of questions: English
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
Subject-wise pattern of the examination
|Subject||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Current Affairs and General Awareness||20||20|
|Hospitality Industry Awareness||30||30|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
PUTHAT 2022 Result
- After conducting the examination, authorities will make the result available through the official website.
- In order to check the result, candidates have to enter their roll number or registration details.
- Before declaring the result, authorities will also release the answer keys through the official website.
- Along with the result, the university will also release the merit list on the official website.
- In order to get their names on the merit list it is compulsory for the aspirants to score more than cut-off marks.
PUTHAT 2022 Counselling
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list
- Please note that the counselling will be held offline and candidates need to present physically in order to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, all the formalities of admission will take place.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of counselling. So, it is compulsory for all the candidates to carry their original documents while reporting for the counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: What is the fee structure for the course?
Answer: The fee structure for the course as per the last year’s data is given below.
|Course||First instalment||Second Instalment|
|BHMCT||Rs. 46,473/- + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3000/- P.A.||Rs. 34,723/-|
|BTTM||Rs. 32,823/- + student welfare activities fund Rs. 3000/- P.A.||Rs. 20,678/-|
Question – 3: Is there any negative marking in the examination?
Answer: Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 4: My application form is rejected. Will I get the application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee will not be refunded.
Question – 5: I will appear for the class 12th exam in the year 2022. Am I eligible for admission?
Answer: Yes, you can apply for the admission.