The Pune University offers admission into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of arts, science, commerce, management, technology, etc. Candidates interested for admission into the Pune University can apply for the same in online mode. The application form will be tentatively released in the month of May 2022. Given that they meet the eligibility for a particular course, the candidates can apply for any of the course as per their wish. Find detailed information related to the Pune University Admission 2022 from this article below.
Courses Offered at the Pune University
The following courses are offered at the Savitribai Phule Pune University:
Faculty of Arts, Fine Arts & Performing Arts
|MA||MA (Foreign Languages)|
|Diploma & Degree course in Hindi Functional languages||Master of Arts (Job Oriented Functional Hindi)|
|Master of Fine Arts||MA in Sanskrit Linguistics|
|MA in Indian Logic and Epistemology||Bachelor of Arts (Special)|
|Bachelor of Arts (Restructure)||Bachelor of Arts (General)|
|Diploma course in Japanese||Bachelor of Fine Arts|
|Master of Oriental Learning (M.O.L)||Special Diploma course in Russian|
|Advanced Diploma in French||Advanced Diploma in German|
|Advanced Diploma in Russian||Advanced Diploma in Japanese|
|MA Lalit Kala||BA Lalit Kala|
|Lower Diploma in Sanskrit/ Ardhamagadhi/ Pali||Higher Diploma in Sanskrit/ Ardhamagadhi/ Pali|
|Diploma in Music||Diploma course in French|
|Diploma course in German||Diploma course in Russian|
|Bachelor of Oriental Learning in Sanskrit||Diploma in Literature in Modern European Languages|
|Vyawaharik Hindi Padvika and Madhyamik Hindi Adhyapak||Diploma in Manuscriptology|
|Prayojanmulak Hindi Padvika||Sampreshan aur Janasampark|
|Hindi Tankan, Ashulekhan And Mudrit Sanshodhan Padvika Pathyakram||Diploma course in Translation|
|Diploma Course in Urdu||Vyavaharik Marathi Padvika Abhyaskram|
Faculty of Education & Physical Education
|Doctor of Science||PhD|
|M.Phil||PhD in Education|
|M.Phil in Education||M.Phil (Physical Education)|
|M.Ed||M.Ed (Physical Education)/ M.P.Ed|
|MA (Education)||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)|
|B.Ed (Physical Education)||B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports|
|B.Ed (Yoga)||B.Ed (Vocational)|
|B.Ed Education of Handicapped||Bachelor of Physical Education|
|B.Ed (Hearing impaired)||Post-Graduate Diploma In Research Methodology of Education|
|Diploma in Education for Deaf||Diploma in Education for Teachers of Mentally Retarded Children|
|Diploma in Sports Journalism||Special Training Course for Teachers of Mentally Retarded persons|
|Certificate Course for Training of Adult Education Middle Level Functionaries (Animators) and Supervisors||Special Diploma in Education (Hearing Impaired)|
Faculty of Science
|Doctor of Science||PhD|
|MCA||M.Sc Medical Biochemistry|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||M.Sc in Petroleum Technology|
|M.Sc Applied Electronic Science||PG B.Sc Applied Course in Toxicology|
|PG B.Sc Applied Course in Tissue Culture||Master of Computer Science (MCS)|
|M.Tech (Atmospheric Physics)||M.Tech (Computer Science)|
|M.Tech (Bio-Informatics)||M.Tech in Lasers & Electro-Optics|
|M.Tech in Mathematical Modeling & Simulation||M.Tech in Radar System|
|M.Tech in Integrated Digital Communications||M.Tech Cross Migration|
|M.Tech in Resource Development||M.Sc in Computer Science|
|M.Sc Tech Weapon Systems||MA/ M.Sc Health Sciences|
|MA/ M.Sc in Communication Studies||M.Tech in Laser & Laser applications|
|M.Sc (Tech.) Information Technology||M.Tech in Material Science|
|M.Sc in Drug Chemistry||M.Sc in Energy Studies|
|M.C.S (with Scientific Computing)||M. Tech (Software Engineering)|
|B.Sc (Applied) Environmental Pollution||B.Sc (Applied) Electronics|
|B.Sc (Applied) Bio-Medical (Techniques)||B.Sc (Applied) Pollution Environment|
|B.Sc Applied Petroleum Technology||B.Sc Applied Scientific Instrumentation|
|B.Sc Applied Energy Studies||Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS)|
|Diploma in Hydrogeology||PG Diploma in Mineral Exploration|
|PG Diploma in Mobile Ware Fare Communication||PG Diploma in Community Health & Development (DCHD)|
|PG Diploma in Dietetics||B.Sc Tech Weapon System|
|B.Sc (Applied) (Optometry)||PG Diploma in Armament Technology|
|Advanced diploma in Bioinformatics||PG Diploma in Automotive Technology|
|Diploma in Equipment Management||Diploma in Automotive Technology|
|Diploma in Explosive and Armament||Diploma in communication Technology|
Faculty of Management
|Master of Personnel Management||Master of Computer Management|
|Master of Management Sciences||Master of Marketing Management|
|MCA||Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|PG Diploma in Environment||Advanced Diploma in Computer Application|
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
Faculty of Commerce
|PG Diploma in Company Secretaryship||PG Diploma in Salesmanship & Advertisement|
|PG Diploma in Statistics||PG Diploma in Taxation|
|PG Diploma in Banking||PG Diploma in Accountancy|
|PG Diploma in International Business|
Faculty of Law
|PhD||Doctor of Laws (LL.D.)|
|LL.M.||Master of Labor Laws and Labor Welfare|
|LL.B.||Bachelor of Law|
|Bachelor of Social Legal Science (B.S.L)|
Pune University Admission 2022 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to Pune University Admission 2022 in the table below:
|Commencement of application process||May 2022, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 2022, 4th week|
|Availability of admit card||June 2022 1st week|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||July 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for Pune University Admission 2022
The eligibility criteria for certain courses offered by the Pune University are provided below.
- MA in Sanskrit Linguistics: The candidates should hold a master’s degree in any stream and have studied Sanskrit/ Prakrit/ Pali in class 12th or higher level.
- MCA: Those with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics in class 12th are eligible to apply.
- Master of Fine Arts: Applicants require a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree to be eligible for MFA.
- Bachelor of Oriental Learning (B.O.L) in Sanskrit: A pass in SSC/ HSC or equivalent with Sanskrit as one of the subjects is required.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts : Candidates should have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board.
- Special Diploma course in Russian: Advanced Diploma in Russian with not less than 70% marks is required.
- Lower Diploma in Sanskrit/ Ardhamagadhi/ Pali: Certificate course in respective language or pass in class 12th with respective subject or graduation is required.
- MA (Education): The applicants with graduate degree in any stream are eligible to apply.
- B.Ed (Physical Education): Graduate candidates can apply for admission to the B.Ed (Physical Education) course.
- B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports: Applicants need to clear their class 12th or equivalent exam.
- M.Sc Applied Electronic Science: A degree in B.Sc Applied Electronics or B.E. is required.
- Master of Computer Science: The applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics in class 12th.
- M.Tech in Computer Science: BE/ B.Tech or M.Sc in Physical Sciences or Mathematical Sciences with a valid GATE score is required.
- M.Sc in Computer Science: The candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks can apply.
- M.Sc (Tech.) Information Technology: BE/ B.Tech/ M.Sc/ MS/ MCS/MCA or equivalent with sound knowledge of computing in DOC/ UNIX environments and C is required.
- MBA: Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) is required.
- M.Com. Candidates with a B.Com degree are eligible to apply.
Pune University Application Form 2022
Candidates can apply online for Pune University Admission 2022. Application for the same will be made available on the official website of the university. Those who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed above can proceed with the application process.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should be uploaded into the form as well.
- After all the information is provided as asked, the candidates can submit the application form online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to make payment of a prescribed amount of application fee.
- A copy of the filled-in application form should be kept safe by the candidates in case of future reference.
Pune University 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the Pune University entrance exam pattern 2022 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted.
|Section A||General Knowledge/ Aptitude/ Logic/ Comprehension||20|
|Section B||Subject-specific questions||80|
Pune University Exam Admit Card 2022
- Admit card for the Pune University entrance exam 2022 will be released on the official website of the university.
- On the admit card, basic details of the candidates like name, roll number and that of the exam like center, date and time will be mentioned.
- Candidates must carry a printout of the admit card with them while reporting to the exam center or else they won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Admit card will also be required at the time of admission and therefore must be preserved by the candidates.
- Kindly note that no admit card will be sent via the means of post, courier, email, fax, etc and will only be available online.
Pune University Admission Result 2022
- Candidates will be check the result of the Pune University entrance exam 2022 from the official university’s website.
- A list of the candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling round will be drawn by the authorities.
- The list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- In case there is no entrance exam for a course, the merit list will be drawn on the basis of candidates’ marks in the qualifying exam.
Pune University Counseling 2022
- The candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per the names in the merit list.
- Details regarding the schedule and venue of the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates from the official website.
- Candidates reporting for the counseling must carry with them all the important documents in original as well as their photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified and after successful verification, admission will be granted.
Pune University Admission 2022 FAQs
When should I expect the release of application form?
The application form for Pune University Admission 2022 is expected to be released in the month of May 2022.
Can I fill my application through offline mode?
No. The Pune University application form will only be released online on the official website of the university.
Is it possible to get a refund on the application fee?
The application fee once submitted cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
How do I get the admit card to appear for the entrance test?
The admit card for the entrance exam will only be made available through online mode. no admit card will be sent via pot or courier.
What if I fail to appear for the counseling process in the given time limit?
Candidature of such applicants will be cancelled and they will not be considered for further rounds of admission.