Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2020-2021
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment is managing the Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2020. The aim of this scholarship program is to encourage bright students to study science by providing financial assistance. This scholarship is for those students who have secured admission into a 3-years U.G/ 5-years Integrated P.G programme in Basic Sciences. To apply for the Prathibha Scholarship 2020, the candidates have to submit an application form online. The selection will be based on the higher secondary level merit.
|Name of Scholarship||Prathibha Scholarship Programme|
|Scholarship Amount||Undergraduate Level|
|Who can Apply?||Students who have secured admission for 3-year U.G/5-year Integrated P.G programme in Basic Sciences|
|Educational Qualification||At least 90% marks at 10+2 level (80% for SC/ ST candidates)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Criteria||Based on higher secondary exam merit|
|Starting of the application process||1st January 2020|
|Last date to apply||31st January 2020|
Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to apply for the Prathibha Scholarship are as follows.
- The student must be of Kerala Origin.
- Must have passed 10+2 (higher secondary) with a minimum of 90% marks (80% for SC/ ST candidates).
- At least 90% is required in both overall and science subject at 10+2 (higher secondary) level.
- The candidate must have secured admission for a 3-year U.G/5-year Integrated P.G. programme in Basic Sciences in the current academic year.
- Aspirants must have got admission into any of the following 23 subjects either in Major/ Honours of their combination anywhere in India.
- Mathematical Subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Physical Sciences: Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric Science, Chemistry, Electronics, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geology, Ocean Sciences, Photonics, Physics, Polymer Chemistry, Geography
- Life Sciences: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Food & Nutrition, Microbiology, Plant Science, Zoology
How to Apply?
Candidates will get the facility to apply for this scholarship in online mode only. The details related to the Prathibha Scholarship application process 2020 are as follows.
- The first step of the application process is registration on the official website.
- To register, a candidate needs to provide his mobile number and Email-ID.
- In order to verify the information provided, the candidates have to provide the OTP received on their email ID.
- An application number will be generated after the registration process gets over. Please note that the application number carefully.
- After 1st stage of the application process, authorities will publish The Provisional Rank List on KSCSTE website i.e. www.kscte.kerala.gov.in.
- Generally, the provisional rank list is published in the month of March/ April.
- Once the list gets released, candidates need to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Student Data-Sheet, duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST applicants.
- Copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination – self-attested.
- Certificate in proof of ‘Place of Origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin].
- E-payment form- in a prescribed format.
- Terms & Conditions”, duly signed.
- Only those candidates will be considered for the final list who will upload the documents before the last date.
Prathibha Scholarship 2020 Selection Process
Prathibha Scholarship is one of the top scholarships in India and it follows a very transparent selection process.
- After the registration, the candidates are ranked on the basis of their aggregate marks in Higher Secondary Board Examination for all Science subjects.
- Please note that three rank lists are released by the authorities based on the main subject of the degree course – Mathematical Sciences group, Physical Sciences group, and Life Sciences group.
- Then after releasing the rank list, authorities will ask candidates to upload their documents.
- Then, the final merit list is released after proper verification of documents.
Other Important Conditions for getting Prathibha Scholarship 2021
- Candidates getting Prathibha Scholarship cannot enroll for any other scholarship for the same course.
- Students selected for the scholarship need to complete the courses within the stipulated time without any break in between the course.
- The scholarship will be renewed in the subsequent year only if the candidate scores at least 60% marks.
- On successful completion of the course, candidates must upload a copy of the final mark list of the course on the Prathibha Scholarship website.
Check out the contact to get more information on Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2020
Women Scientist Division (WSD)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548208, Fax : 0471 2540085, 2534605