The process of Pondicherry ITI admission 2021 is managed by the Government Industrial Training Institute for Women, Pondicherry. Those aspirants who are looking to pursue ITI in engineering/ non-engineering trades in the UT of Pondicherry need to fill and submit the online application form. The application process is expected to begin in the month of May 2021. All the candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021
The tentative schedule of Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021 is given in the table below.
|Important Events||Expected dates|
|Release of the application forms||May 2021|
|Verification of documents by DI||May 2021|
|Online filling of choices||June 2021|
|1st round of the counselling||To be announced later|
|Announcement of result||To be announced later|
|Reporting of candidates at the institutes||To be announced later|
Trades available under Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021
The admission to ITI course in Pondicherry will be provided in the following trades.
- Sewing Technology
- Travel & Tour Assistant
- Computer Operator & Programming Assistant
- DTP Operator, Draughtsman (Civil/Mechanical)
- Electronics Mechanic
- Information Communication Technology System Maintenance,
- Instrument Mechanic
- Plastic Processing Operator
Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must check and confirm that they meet the following eligibility criteria as decided by the admission authorities.
- The minimum age of a candidate at the time of admission should be 14 years.
It is compulsory for the interested candidates to make sure that they meet any of the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidates should have passed SSLC/ Matriculation. Or
- Aspirants should have cleared HSC + Lower typewriting. Or
- The candidate must have cleared HSC or Diploma in Engineering.
Pondicherry ITI Application Form 2021
Those candidates who are seeking admission need to apply in online mode only. The authorities will release the application form for Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021 through the official website only. Given below are some important instructions by which a candidate can apply for the admission in a much easier manner.
- To begin the application form submission process, candidates have to visit the official website.
- On the official website, aspirants are required to register themselves by providing some of their basic details.
- Once the registration process gets completed, unique login credentials will be generated for applicants.
- Then, candidates can login and open the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details to be entered in the application form must be authentic. Otherwise, the authorities reserves the right to reject the application form.
- Apart from the details, applicants also to need to scan their passport size photograph, signature and upload the same on the application form.
- The format of the scanned images should be as per the specifications available on the official website.
- Then after submitting the application form, candidates are required to pay the necessary application fee.
- Aspirants must take a printout of the application form submitted and application fee payment receipt for future references.
Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021 Merit List
- Authorities will screen each of the application forms received once the application form submission gets over.
- After screening all the applications, the directorate commission of the Pondicherry ITI will release the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Please note that the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Only those candidates will be able to check their names in the merit list who will fill and submit the application form before the last date.
- Those successful applicants who will clear the merit list will be invited to the further rounds of admission i.e. counselling process.
- Only those aspirants are eligible to take part in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- The complete schedule including date, time, and venue of the counselling process will be made available online through the official website.
- During the counselling process, candidates will get the chance to choice their preferred ITI.
- The admission will be provided on the basis of the merit list and choice filled by the applicants during counselling.
- Please note that the counselling process will take place in the multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats.
- Authorities will verify the documents of candidates during the counselling. So, all the candidates must carry their original documents at the time of the counselling.
- The admission will be finalized only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is there any entrance exam that I need to clear in order to get admission?
Answer: No, there will not be any entrance test. The admission will be provided solely on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
Question – 2: What trades are available in order to get the Pondicherry ITI Admission 2021?
Answer: Please note that the admission will be provided in the following trades of ITI.
- Sewing Technology, Welder, Travel & Tour Assistant, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Plumber, Wiremen, DTP Operator, Draughtsman(Civil/Mechanical), Turner, Machinist, Electrician, Mechanic, Electronics Mechanic, Fitter, Information Communication Technology System Maintenance,, Mason, Instrument Mechanic, Plastic Processing Operator.
Question – 3: What is NCVT?
Answer: NCVT stands for National Council on Vocational Training (NCVT). It is an organization which has the responsibility of managing ITI in various states. They also provide the pass certificate for ITI. This organization is managed by the Central Government.
Question – 4: Is it possible to access and submit the Pondicherry ITI Application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, all the candidates must know that the Pondicherry ITI Application form will be release in online mode. The admission authorities will not accept application forms in offline mode.
Question – 5: In case I miss the last to submit the application form. Is it possible to submit the application form by paying some additional late fees?
Answer: No, the application form will not be accepted by paying some additional late fees.