PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT) is conducted by the PES University to shortlist the candidates for admission into different courses. The candidates who wish to appear for this test can submit the application form online. It is being expected that the application form might release in December 2022. For B.Tech, the entrance exam will be conducted in the month of May 2023. For rest courses, exams will begin from January 2023 onwards. In this article, detailed information related to PESSAT 2023 has been provided.
PESSAT 2023 Schedule
- The candidates can take admission into B.Tech programme through three different modes- PESSAT, KCET and COMEDK (Bangalore campus only).
- Provision of scholarship is also provided by the university for deserving and needful candidates.
- For different courses offered by the PES University, different aptitude tests will be conducted.
- Date of availability of applications for different tests will be same but date of submission will be different.
- Application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
PESSAT 2023 Important Dates
Check the table below for tentative dates related to PESSAT 2023:
|For B.Tech||For rest courses|
|Online application form release date||3rd week of December 2022||3rd week of December 2022|
|Last date for application submission for those who want to take the test in Bangalore||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last date for application submission for those who want to take the test outside Bangalore||To be announced||To be announced|
|Slot booking begins from||To be announced||To be announced|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced||To be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last date to update class 12th/ 2nd PUC marks, if released||To be announced||To be announced|
|Result declaration||To be announced||To be announced|
|Commencement of counseling 1st round||To be announced||To be announced|
|2nd round of counseling||To be announced||To be announced|
|Beginning of classes||To be announced||To be announced|
PESSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The course-wise eligibility criteria for PESSAT are given below.
- B.Tech: Candidates with 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Biotechnology of class 12th or equivalent are eligible.
- BBA: The applicants should have passes 10+2 or equivalent exam to be eligible.
- B.Des: A pass in class 12th or 3-year diploma with 50% aggregate marks and English as a mandatory subject is required.
- BBA.LLB: The candidates should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum marks of 45% (40% for SC/ ST applicants).
- B.Arch: Applicants with at least 50% aggregate marks overall and in subject of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics of class 12th are eligible. Those with 3-year Diploma with Mathematics as compulsory subject and at least 50% marks in aggregate can apply too. 50% overall score in NATA/ JEE Main paper 2 is required.
- MCA: A candidate with undergraduate degree in any discipline with not less than 50% aggregate with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Programming/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as a mandatory subject.
- MBA: The candidates should have done graduation with at least 60% aggregate marks and a valid score in PESSAT, PGCET, MAT, CMAT, CAT, GMAT or GRE.
- M.Tech: An engineering degree in relevant stream with not less than 60% aggregate marks is required. Test scores in PESSAT, PGCET or GATE are accepted.
PESSAT 2023 Application Form
- The candidates will be able to fill their PESSAT application form 2023 through online mode.
- The application form is expected to release in the month of October 2020 on the official website of the university.
- Basic personal and qualification details of the candidates are required to be entered in the application form.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format into the application form.
- After all the details are provided into the form, it can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- It is suggested that the applicants keep a copy of the filled-in application form along with them for further correspondence.
- The registration fee for the PESSAT 2023 will be Rs. 1050/- (Rs. 550/- for HN campus courses).
- Payment of application fee can be done online using net banking facility or through debit card/ credit card.
PESSAT Exam Pattern 2023
The PESSAT exam pattern overview 2023 is given below.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- No. of questions: 180
- Type of questions: objective type
- Total marks: 180
- Making scheme: One mark will be given for every right answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
For rest courses:
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- No. of questions: 180
|Course||Topics||No. of questions|
|BBA/ B.Com||English Comprehensive/ Verbal Ability||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||45|
|BCA||English Comprehensive/ Verbal Ability||60|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||20|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||20|
|MBA/ M.Com||English Comprehensive/ Verbal Ability||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40|
|Constitutional and Administrative Law||35|
|Family Law, Labour & Environmental Law||45|
|M.Pharma/ Pharma.D Post Baccalaureate||Pharmaceutics||30|
PESSAT 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates are required to download the admit card in order to appear for the PESSAT exam 2023.
- Admit card will be released only for the successfully registered candidates who also complete slot booking in time.
- Candidates must carry their admit card while reporting to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Those appearing at the exam center without a valid admit card will not be allowed entry into the exam hall.
- Important details related to the candidates and the exam will be mentioned in the admit card.
PESSAT 2023 Result
- The result of the aptitude test will be published on the official website of PES University.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using the details such roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Merit lists will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the test. Separate lists will be drawn for different courses.
- Counseling of the successful candidates will be held as per to their names in the merit list.
PESSAT FAQs 2023
- How can I book the slot for appearing in PESSAT 2023?
The candidates who submit their applications in time will be able to book their slot for PESSAT. The test slot bookings for B.Tech commence in April every year.
- What if I forget my PESSAT registration number?
This is the link to find the registration number is www.pessat.com/Findregno.aspx. You can recover your forgotten registration number using your name, email address, gender and date of birth.
- How many times can I take PESSAT exam?
A candidate can take PESSAT only once.
- How can in make corrections in my PESSAT application form?
For correction in application form, you can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application number and the corrections/ modifications to be made. You can send email on the above address for other queries too.