The candidates seeking admission into the B.Ed. course available at the Osmania University needs to clear the TS EDCET exam. In the entrance exam, aspirants have to answer 150 objective type questions within 2 hours. The application form for the same will release in online mode. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of February 2023. Interested candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. All the necessary details related to the Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 are provided in this post.
Osmania University B.Ed 2023 Schedule
The tentative schedule for Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of the official notification||4th week of February 2023|
|Availability of the online application form||Last week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||Last week of April 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||1st week of May 2023|
|Availability of the admit card||3rd week of May 2023|
|Date of Entrance exam||Last week of May 2023|
|Releasing of preliminary key||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date for receiving objections against the answer keys||1st week of June 2023|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of June 2023|
Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- The age of a candidate must not be less than 19 years as on 1st July 2023.
- There is no maximum age limit
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- The candidate must satisfy Local/ Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order 1974, as subsequently amended.
- The aspirants should possess a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Applicants having BE/ B.Tech with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% aggregate marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are also eligible.
- Candidates who are from the reserved categories only need to score 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The aspirants who have completed MBBS/ B.Sc (Ag.)/ BVSC/ BHMT/ B.Pharma and such other professional and job oriented degree courses viz., LL.B are not eligible.
- Applicants who are going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 are also eligible.
Eligibility for selection of subjects
|English||BA in Special English/ Optional English/ English Literature or MA in English|
|Social Studies||BA/ B.Com/ BBM/ BBA/ BCA with Social Sciences at Intermediate level as group subject|
|Biological Sciences||B.Sc/ B.Sc (Home Science) with Botany and Zoology or allied subjects under Part II group subjects and BCA with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level as group subject|
|Physical Sciences||B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry or allied subjects under Part II group subjects, BE/ B.Tech with Physics and Chemistry or BCA with Physics and Chemistry at Intermediate level as group subject|
|Mathematics||BA/ B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the group subjects, BE/B.Tech with Mathematics or BCA with Mathematics at Intermediate level as a group subject|
Osmania University B.Ed. 2023 Application Form
The application form of Osmania University B.Ed Admission 2023 will release in online mode only. In order to access the application form, candidates need to visit the official website i.e. edcet.tsche.ac.in. The complete application process is explained below.
- To start the application process, candidates need to register on the official website.
- The login credentials are generated for every candidate after the registration.
- After registration, candidates need to login in order to access the main application form.
- Then, in the main application form, aspirants need to provide their personal details, academic details, contact details, etc.
- In addition to the details, candidates have to upload the images of their passport size photograph and signature in the scanned format.
- After entering all the details, candidates need to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised that the candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
The application fees for the candidates of different categories are as fypollows.
- General candidates: Rs. 650/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 450/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid via TS Online/ AP Online Centers in Telangana State or AP or through payment gateway using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- After filling the application form and application fee before the last date, candidates will be able to download the admit card online.
- In order to download the admit card, applicants need to provide their registration number, qualifying exam hall ticket number, and date of birth.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and carry it to the examination center.
- The admit card consist of important information like the date, time, and venue of the examination.
Osmania University B.Ed. 2023 Exam Pattern
The details of the Osmania University B.Ed. 2023 exam pattern are given below.
- Mode of examination: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
- Language of question paper: English, Telugu and Urdu except for English sections
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark will be provided for every correct answer
|Topics||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part – A|
|Part – B|
|Part – C|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the Osmania University B.Ed. Admission Entrance Exam 2023 is explained below.
- English: History of the English Language, Structure of English Language, Figures of Speech, Literary movements, Elements of literature, Poetry, Drama, Fiction, etc
- Civics: Political Science, Indian Government and Politics, International Relations, Public Administration- Concepts and Theories, Public Administration in India, etc
- Economics: Cardinal & ordinal utility approaches, Law of variable proportions, Cost concepts; cost-output relationship; economies of scale, Markets, Factor pricing, etc
- Geography: Principles of Physical Geography, Social & Economic Geography, Regional Geography of India & Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- History: History of India (From Earliest Times to c.700 CE), History of India (c.700-1526 CE), World History (1815-1950 CE), etc.
- Botany: Microbial Diversity of Lower Plants, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes and Gymnosperms, Taxonomy of Angiosperms and Medicinal Botany, Plant Anatomy & Embryology, etc.
- Zoology: Animal Diversity, Ecology, Zoogeography & Animal Behavior, Cell Biology, Genetics & Evolution, Physiology and Biochemistry, Immunology & Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Physics: Vector Analysis, Special theory of relativity, Vibrating Strings, Kinetic theory of gases, Quantum theory of radiation, Diffraction, etc.
- Chemistry: Chemical Bonding, Periodic properties, Metals, Co-ordination chemistry, Structural Theory in Organic Chemistry, Acyclic Hydrocarbons, etc.
- General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude: India and its neighboring countries pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economic, General Policy and Scientific Research, Analytical Thinking, General Intelligence, etc.
- Mathematics: Differential Calculus, Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice, Vocabulary, Synonyms-Antonyms, Sentence Transformation – Simple, Compound and Complex, Direct and Indirect Speech, etc.
Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Result
- After conducting the entrance exam, the university will declare the result of Osmania University B.Ed. Result 2023 in online mode.
- In order to check the result, candidates have to visit on the official website and provide their registration, date of birth, along with other necessary details.
- The university will also release a merit list based on the marks secured by the candidates.
- The merit list will also contain the ranks of the candidates.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to participate in the counseling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- The complete schedule of the counseling will be available after the declaration of the result.
- In the counseling process, candidates have to provide the choice of colleges as per their preferences.
- The seats will be allotted strictly as per the candidate’s rank and choice filling in the counseling.
- Authorities will also verify the documents of selected candidates at the time of the counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question -1: Is it possible to apply for the Osmania University B.Ed. Admission 2023 in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will not be released in offline mode.
Question – 2: What documents do I need to carry at the examination center?
Answer: All the candidates must carry their valid admit card along with a photo ID proof at the time of the exam.
Question – 3: Will the authority release any answer key after the exam?
Answer: Yes, the answer keys will be released after the exam through the official website.
Question – 4: My application form is rejected due to incorrect details. Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: It is a duty of the candidates to verify the details before entering. No application fee will be refunded in case the application form is rejected by the university.