The state of Odisha has a large number of reputed engineering colleges for which lakhs of students apply every year. Orissa BTech Admission 2023 is offered on the basis of different state level, university level and national level entrance exam. Candidates can appear for any of the entrance exams depending on the type of institute they wish to get admission into. All private and government colleges of Odisha select students for admission into first year and second year engineering courses on the basis of JEE Main and OJEE respectively. Admission into IIT Bhubaneswar is granted on the basis of JEE Advance. There are some other private universities that conduct their own entrance for selecting candidates for admission.
Top Engineering Colleges in Orissa
Below listed are some of the best engineering colleges located in the state of Odisha:
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
- Kalinga Institute of Information Technology
- International Institute of Information Technology Bhubaneswar
- College of Engineering and Technology, Biju Patnaik University of Technology
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
- Silicon Institute of Technology
- National Institute of Science and Technology
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology
- Admission into first year engineering courses will be done strictly on the basis of JEE Main scores.
- 3% of seats in government engineering colleges are reserved for Odia speaking people residing outside the State of Odisha. No such rule for private colleges.
- Final admission will only be granted to the applicants after successful verification of original documents.
- Registration must be carefully done for appearing in the entrance exam as well as for participating in the admission process.
- The applicants are suggested to gain complete familiarity with the admission requirements of the institute they wish to get enrolled into.
All the candidates who look forward to take part in the Orissa BTech Admission 2023 process must check their eligibility beforehand. Basic eligibility requires that the candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Appearing candidates are eligible too. Specific eligibility may vary from college to college and must be ensured before applying for admission.
How to apply for Odisha BTech Admission 2023?
For admission into BTech colleges of Orissa, the candidates will have to apply for any of the entrance exams as specified below. To appear in these examinations, the candidates are required to apply online for them. The application form will be made available on the official website of the organizing bodies and can be filled providing basic personal and academic details. Duly filled application form should be submitted along with the prescribed fee before the last date.
Entrance Exams for Orissa BTech Admission 2023
The following entrance exams are held for admission to the engineering colleges situated in Orissa:
OJEE- This is a state level engineering exam held for admission to the second year BTech courses. The exam is generally held in the month of May every year.
JEE Main- Admission into first year BTech courses is offered to the candidates on the basis of JEE Main. This is a national level exam conducted by NTA in the month of January and April.
JEE Advanced- Candidates need to clear JEE Advance conducted for Main qualified students for admission into the prestigious IIT located in Bhubaneswar.
University exams- Universities like SOA, KIIT conduct their own entrance exams to select candidates can admission into their engineering courses.
The OJEE Cell is responsible for counseling of the JEE Main and OJEE qualified candidates. Candidates who clear these entrance tests will only be eligible to appear for the counseling round. For this, they have to register themselves online and provide their choice for branch and institute by visiting the official website of OJEE. The applicants will also have to get their original certificates and eligibility verified. Verification will be held at the nodal centers assigned to the candidates after successful registration. Seats will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of their rank, choice provided by them and availability of seats, after document verification. Selected candidates then need to report to the allotted institute to complete the formalities of admission.
Admission process for the JEE Advance qualified candidates are held by the conducting IIT and details for the same can be obtained through their respective official website. Similarly, the universities who conduct their own entrance exam, their admission process details will be made available on their official website.
Candidates reporting to the document verification center must carry with them the following documents in original and photocopy as well:
- Mark sheets of class 10th and 12th
- Passing certificate of class 10th and 12th
- Migration certificate/ Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Admit card of the respective entrance exam
- Scorecard of the respective entrance exam
- Domicile certificate, if applicable
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Passport Size Photographs