Odisha Joint Entrance Exam 2023 or OJEE 2023 will be organized and managed by the Odisha Joint Entrance exam committee. This exam is conducted with the aim of selecting the candidates for admission into various UG and PG courses in numerous govt. and private colleges in Odisha. OJEE 2023 exam is going to be conducted in offline mode for some courses and in online mode for other courses. Candidates looking for admission through this exam need to fill and submit an online application form before the last date. The Official notification for this exam has been released now.
- Candidates with a Diploma certificate can take admission in 1st year of B.Arch programme (if seats remain vacant) if they have a valid NATA score. Additionally, such candidates also need to have at least 50% marks in their diploma course.
- The age of a candidate for admission to 2nd-year B.Tech Marine Engineering (lateral Entry) should not be more than 22 years.
- There will be no correction window so the candidates must fill the application form very carefully.
- There is no provision for a lateral entry admission to the B. Architecture degree course.
OJEE 2023 Schedule
|Release of the official notification and application form||April 2023|
|Last date to submit an application form in online mode||May 2023|
|Availability of an admit card||May 2023|
|Date of Examination||June 2023|
|Declaration of Result||June 2023|
OJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The criteria for admission into different courses are as follows.
Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- The candidates must pass the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Please note that there is no age limit and the candidates appearing for the 10+2 exam in the year 2023 can also apply.
Bachelor in Pharmacy (lateral entry to 2nd year)
- An aspirant must possess a diploma in pharmacy after passing the 12th class.
- Applicant need to have at least 45% marks in the diploma course (40% for SC/ ST candidates)
Lateral Entry into 2nd year Degree courses in Engineering/Technology under Lateral Entry for Diploma holders
- Candidates should have a 3-year diploma in Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST category)
Master in Computer Application
- Aspirants should a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Applicants must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Master in Business Administration
- Applicants should a bachelors degree of three years duration in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- Candidates having B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm degrees with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST students) are also eligible.
OJEE 2023 Application Form
The important details related to the OJEE 2023 application process are as follows.
- Application forms for the OJEE exam will release in online mode only.
- Interested candidates may access the application form by visiting the official website i.e. www.ojee.nic.in or www.odishajee.com.
- Eligible candidates have to provide their complete academic, contact and personal details in the application form.
- Please provide the details accurately because incorrect application forms may get rejected.
- Candidates must upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression on the application form.
- To complete the application process, it is necessary to pay the required application form.
- Applicants are advised to keep a hardcopy of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
Special Note: Candidates must fill the correct application form as per the course in which they are seeking admission.
|Code of Application Form||Name of Courses|
|A||B.Pharm and Integrated MBA (5 years course)|
|E||Combination of courses
The application fee depends upon the application form you are submitting.
- Application Form – A, B, C, D: Rs. 1000/-
- Application Form – E: Rs. 1500/-
Mode of application
- Candidates may pay the fee online using a debit card/ credit card (VISA / MASTER / Maestro cards) or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the candidates can also pay the fee offline by depositing an e-challan in any branch of the State Bank of India.
OJEE 2023 Admit Card
- All the admit cards will be uploaded on the OJEE website before the exam.
- The candidates have to download and take two printouts of the admit card.
- Information about the examination venue and schedule will be present on admit cards.
- Candidates must get both copies of the admit card signed by the invigilator.
- The invigilator will keep one copy of the admit card and hand over the second copy to the student.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without having a valid admit card.
OJEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates looking for admission should check the entrance exam pattern given below.
- Mode of examination: Both online and offline (depends upon the course)
- Type of questions: Objective type MCQ
- Duration of exam: 1 hour (M.Pharm, Integrated MBA and LE B.Pharm), 2 hours (LE B.Tech, LE B.Sc, MCA/LE MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arch), 3 hours (B.Pharm)
- Marking pattern: 4 marks for each question
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Detailed Exam Pattern as per different courses
|Offline Exam (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|B.Pharm||180 Question from Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics|
|Lateral Entry to B Tech||120 questions (40 questions each from Engg Math, Engg Mechanics, and Basic Electrical Engg)|
|Lateral Entry to B.Pharm||60 question from the D.Pharm syllabus|
|Lateral Entry to B.Sc/ +3Sc||60 questions (Mathematics – 30 ques., Physics – 15 ques., Chemistry – 15 ques.)|
|Online (Computer Based Test)|
|MCA||120 questions (Mathematics – 60 ques., Computer Awareness – 60 ques.)|
|Lateral Entry MCA||120 questions (Mathematics – 60 ques., Computer Awareness – 60 ques.)|
|MBA||Total – 120 questions
|Integrated MBA||Total – 60 questions
|M.Tech, M.Arch||Total – 90 questions
|M.Pharm||60 questions from B.Pharm Syllabus|
OJEE 2023 Syllabus
The OJEE 2023 offers admission to a large number of courses and different entrance exams are conducted for admission to different courses. We have listed a brief syllabus for some of the courses as given below.
MCA: Mathematics (Calculus, Vectors, Sequence and Series, Probability and Statistics, etc.), Computer Awareness (Introduction to Computer, C language, Computer Arithmetic, etc.)
Lateral Entry MCA: Introduction to Computer, Fundamentals of Computer Organization and Networking, Computer Arithmetic, Introduction to Operating systems, C Language, Logical reasoning and verbal abilities, etc.
B.Sc. Lateral Entry: Electrostatics, Electrochemistry, Atomic Structure, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding, Mechanics, Oscillations, Motion of charged particles in electric and magnetic fields, Mathematics (Determinants and matrices, Trigonometry, Logic, Algebra of sets, Number system), etc.
OJEE 2023 Result
- Before declaring the result, the committee will release the answer keys so that the candidates may check their answers.
- After answer keys, the result will be uploaded on the official website.
- Along with the result, merit lists of the candidates shortlisted for admission will be made available.
- Different merit lists are released by the authority for various courses.
- Candidates should take a printout of the result card for further use.
OJEE 2023 Counselling
- The aspirants who will score more than OJEE 2023 cutoff marks will be invited to the counselling process.
- Complete schedule and information about the counselling will release after the result declaration.
- In the counselling process, candidates have to choose the course and college in which they want to study.
- Authorities will also verify documents at the time of counselling. So, applicants must carry their relevant documents while reporting for the counselling process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is there any way to submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application forms are accepted only in online mode
Question – 2: What are the relaxations in application fees for SC/ST candidates?
Answer: The application fee is the same for all the candidates irrespective of their categories.
Question – 3: Will I receive the hardcopy of an admit card after submitting the form?
Answer: No, admit cards of all the candidates are uploaded online.