The Odisha Joint Entrance Exam Committee will conduct the OJEE 2020 exam in order to shortlist the candidates for various UG and PG professional courses such as B.Pharm, M.Arch, MCA, MBA etc. The separate application forms will be submitted for different courses. The interested candidates should submit the application form before 20th March 2020.
The mode of application will be online. However, the exam will be conducted in offline mode. In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding OJEE 2020 exam including important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
News: OJEE 2020 application form has been released on 6th February 2020.
Important Dates for OJEE 2020 Exam
Please check the official dates for OJEE 2020:
|Starting of online application form||6th February 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Availability of admit card|
|Date of Exam|
|Declaration of Result|
Note: The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that the candidates should the check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The eligibility criteria will be different for all the courses as given below:
For B. Pharm
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with physics and chemistry as one of the subjects and any one of the Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical vocational subjects with 45% marks (40 % for SC/ST candidates)
For B. Pharm (Lateral Entry)
- The candidate should have a diploma in pharmacy after completing class 12th with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
For Engineering and Technology (Lateral Entry for Diploma Holder)
- The candidate must have a diploma in engineering with relevant branch and at least 45% marks
- The applicant must possess a bachelors degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- The candidate must have studied Mathematics at graduation or 10+2 level.
- The candidate should have a bachelors degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
OJEE 2020 Application Form
The application form for OJEE 2020 will be released in online mode through the official website. In order to apply, the candidates need to register themselves on the official website by providing some basic details such as name, email id, phone number. Once registered candidates can login and access the application form. In the application form, the candidates need to provide all the necessary academic, personal and contact details in the application form.
The candidates should fill all the details in the application form very carefully as no correction will be allowed after the last date. In addition to the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression on the application form.
Please note that there are different application forms for different courses as given below:
- Application Form A: Pharmacy
- Form B: Engineering and Pharmacy Lateral Entry
- Form C: MBA, MCA and MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Form D: M.Tech, M. Arch, M. Pharm, M.Tech (Part Time), M.Tech, M.Plan (PGAT)
- Form E: Application for Combination courses (MBA and MCA, MBA and LE- MCA, and MBA PGET etc.)
- Form F: Integrated MBA
The OJEE 2020 Application Fee will be as follows:
For Form A, B, C, D, and F: Rs. 1000/-
For Form E: Rs 1500/-
Mode of payment
- The candidates can pay the application fee by using a debit card/ credit card (VISA / Master / Maestro cards/ internet banking)
- The application fee can also be paid by cash in any SBI Branch via E-Challan
OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The OJEE 2020 exam pattern will be different for all the courses as given below:
|Name of course||Exam pattern|
|B.Pharma||180 Question will be asked and duration of exam will be 3 Hours|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||120 questions from Engg Maths, Mechanics and electrical Engg. Duration of exam will be 2 Hours|
|MCA||120 Question (60 each from Mathematics and Computer awareness). Exam duration will be 2 Hours|
|B.Pharma (Lateral Entry)||60 Question to be answered from D.Pharma course in 1 hour duration|
|MBA||120 Question to be answered in 2 hours|
|Integrated MBA||60 Questions will be asked in 1 hour duration|
|M.Tech, M.Arch||90 Questions, 2 Hours duration. Engineering Maths: 20 Questions, Brach Question- 60, Arithmetic & logical reasoning- 10 Questions|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||120 Questions (60 Questions each from Mathematics and Computer awareness). Duration of exam will be 2 hours|
|M. Pharm||60 Questions of B.Pharma Course to be answered in 1 Hour|
|B.Sc (Lateral entry)||60 Questions (Mathematics – 30, Chemistry – 15 and Physics – 15). Duration of exam will be 1 Hour|
Other important point related the exam pattern
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (OMR sheet based exam)
- The medium of examination is English.
OJEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of OJEEE 2020 is different for all the courses. For admission to UG courses, the candidates need to study as per the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. For PG courses, the candidates should prepare as per the graduation level syllabus of the particular subject. However, important topics to be studied for some of the courses are as follows:
For B.Sc (Lateral Entry): Mathematics (Logic, Algebra of sets, Number system, Determinants and matrices, Trigonometry etc), Mechanics, Oscillations, Motion of charged particles in electric and magnetic fields, Electrostatics, Electrochemistry, Atomic Structure, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding etc.
For MCA: Mathematics (Logic, Algebra of sets, Number system, Determinants and matrices, Trigonometry etc), Computer Awareness (Introduction to Computer, Computer Arithmetic, C Language)
For MBA: Verbal reasoning, Analytical reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension, Computer and Business fundamentals
How to prepare for OJEE 2020 exam?
The candidates preparing for the OJEE 2020 can follow the preparation tips given below to perform well in the OJEE 2020 exam.
- First of all, the candidates should go through the exam pattern and syllabus so that you can plan your studies in a better way.
- Make a timetable for your studies. Remember not to put any unrealistic goal in your time table.
- Solve some previous year question paper and mock tests to be more familiar with the exam pattern.
- You should also make short notes of important topics so that you can revise them quickly.
- Revision is very important. Make sure you keep revising the topics studied.
OJEE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for OJEE 2020 will be available in online mode through the official website only. The candidates should take at least 2 printouts of the admit card as one copy will be retained by the exam invigilator. All the details related to the exam center, timing and venue will be mentioned on the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
OJEE 2020 Result and Counselling
The candidates can check their result from the official website. In order to check the result, the candidate needs to enter their roll no. Along with the result, the authorities will release the merit list for different courses. The schedule of counselling will also be released along with the result. The candidates who will get their name in merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
During the OJEE counselling, the candidates have to enter their choice of course and colleges. The allotment of the seat will be done purely on the basis of candidate’s rank and availability of seats. Every candidate needs to carry his/her original documents for verification at the time of counselling.