Odisha DET 2017 – The Odisha DET 2017shall be conducted in the 2nd or 3rd week of May 2017. The Odisha Diploma Entrance Test 2017 is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education and Training for admitting the candidates for the diploma courses in engineering in the colleges/universities of Odisha. A written test will be conducted, the result of which will decide the candidates who are selected. The application process for this exam shall start from the month of February 2017. Read more about the Odisha DET 2017 exam below.
Odisha DET – Overview
Exam name: Odisha DET 2017
Also known as: Odisha Diploma Entrance Test 2017
Level of exam: State Level
Conducting Authority: Directorate of Technical Education and Training
Odisha DET 2017 – Important Dates
|Online application submission begins||February 2017 (4th week)|
|Online application submission ends on||April 2017|
|Availability of admit card||May 2017 (1st week)|
|Date of exam||May 2017 (2nd/3rd week)|
|Date of result||May 2017 (4th week)|
Odisha DET 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Odisha DET 2017 exam have been defined below. All the candidates who want to participate in this exam must essentially satisfy all these conditions, otherwise, they shall not be considered as eligible for this test.
NORM 1: Age Limitation
- The candidates age must be greater than 16 years.
NORM 2: Educational Requirements
- For diploma in the engineering field, the candidates must have passed the 10th class exam with minimum 30% marks.
- For diploma in a non-engineering field, the candidates must have passed the 12th class qualifying exams.
Odisha DET 2017 – Application Procedure
The application procedure for the Odisha DET 2017 exam shall start from the 4th week of February 2017. The candidates must submit the form before the last date that shall lie in the month of April 2017. All the steps have been explained below.
Step 1: Online Form Filling
- The candidates must first open the official link of the exam given above.
- The online application form must be filled with all the details asked such as the personal details, educational qualifications details, contact details etc.
Step 2: Uploading of Mark sheet
- The candidates must then upload the mark sheet of qualifying exam of class 10.
Step 3: Application Fee Payment
- The candidates must then make the payment of the application fee via any of the available modes such as credit card, net banking, AXIS bank challan or IDBI bank challan.
- Application fee:
- For males: Rs.450
- For females: Rs.350
- For reserved category: Rs.200
Step 4: Application Form Printout
- The candidates must finally submit the form and also preserve a printout of the application form for future use.
Odisha DET 2017 – Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the Odisha DET 2017 refers to the internal details of the question paper. All the relevant details for the same have been defined below.
- Type of questions: Objective
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 400 marks
- Time allowed: 150 minutes
- Marks per question: 4 marks
- Negative marking: Applicable
- Deduction of marks for a wrong answer: 1 mark.
Odisha DET 2017 – Admit Card
The admit card for the Odisha DET 2017 shall be released in the 1st week of May 2017.
- The admit card is an essential document and every candidate must own one.
- The admit card must be downloaded from the official website of conducting authority and must be printed.
- The admit card must be brought to the exam hall, otherwise, they shall not be granted entry to the exam hall.
Odisha DET 2017 – Cut Off & Result
The cut-off scores and the result of the Odisha DET 2017 exam will be released together in the 4th week of May 2017. The candidates will be able to check the result as well as the cut-off from the official exam portal. The cut-off score which is the minimum score required to be achieved by the candidates in order to qualify the exam will be announced along with the result only. The direct link to reach the same will also be posted here as soon as it is available. The result shall form the basis of the selection of the candidates. Through the result, the candidates will be able to know the following details.
- Aggregate scores in the Odisha DET 2017 written test.
- Marks obtained in the individual sections.
- Cut-off marks (category-wise).