NTA to give Free coaching for NEET and JEE Main aspirants from 2019
With the establishment of National Testing Agency (NTA), the government has decided to make some major changes in the top entrance exams of the country such as JEE Main, NEET etc. Recently, the NTA has issued the notification about the establishment of 2697 practice centers to let the candidate practice for the online entrance exam. Apart from just letting the aspirants take the free mock tests, now the government plans to convert its practice centers into teaching centers from the next year onwards.
The teaching center will provide free coaching for exams like NEET, JEE Main, UGC NET and pharma exams to be conducted by NTA. As per the experts, this move will disrupt private coaching industry.
How free coaching at NTA teaching centers will work?
The NTA will convert its 2697 practice centers into coaching centers. As per the reports, the practices centers will function on Saturdays and Sundays where candidates can take free coaching for one hour. The authorities have released a mobile app to enable the candidates to choose their nearest practice centers.
These teaching centers will not only make the candidates more familiar with the new exam pattern but also help them prepare for the exam with free coaching. As per the officials of HRD ministry, these practice centers will start functioning from 8th September.
How to register for NTA Teaching Centers?
It is expected that the teaching process in the Teaching or practice centers will start from the month of May 2019. At first, the NTA will provide coaching for JEE Main exam. Interested candidates can register themselves via Mobile App or website. In addition to this, the students can take mock test for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test UG (NEET UG)/ UGC – NET and discuss their results with NTA teachers.
Please note that only the registered candidates are eligible for mock test and coaching.
Benefits of NTA teaching centers
This move can be a game changer how entrance exams are conducted in India. Here are some of the reasons why.
- It will provide an alternative for the private coaching centers.
- The students from rural and semi urban areas will be able to access good coaching and prepare themselves for the exam in a better way.
- The coaching will be absolutely free. So, the students from a humble background who can’t afford expensive private coaching will be extremely benefited.
Other Major Changes introduced by NTA
After taking over from CBSE as the exam conducting authority, the NTA has introduced some major changes as given below:
- The NTA will conduct the exam in online (Computer Based Test) mode whereas CBSE used to conduct the exams in offline mode.
- To trim down the pressure from the students, the NTA will conduct JEE Main 2019 exam twice in a year.
- The questions papers to be designed in such a way that will test the candidate knowledge and reduce the importance of rote learning.