The National School of Drama invites applications from the candidates for admission to its 3-year diploma course in Dramatic Arts. Interested candidates may fill their application form starting Janaury 2022. Applications will be available in both online and offline modes. Candidates should make sure that they meet all the criteria required to be eligible for the admissions. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in preliminary test and workshop. Complete details of the NSD Admission 2022 can be found here in this article.
- All the foreign nationals have to apply through Indian Council for Cultural Relation as per the norms.
- Request for receiving the application form via post must reach the NSD before the last specified date. Requests received after that will not be entertained.
- The selected students will be offered a monthly scholarship to meet their academic and other related expenses.
- Travel allowances will only be provided to the candidates on submission of ticket/ cash receipt.
- Reservations will be given to the SC/ ST/ OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/ PWD candidates as per the rules of the Government of India.
- Queries related to any step of the selection process can be communicated to the admission cell by sending a mail at email@example.com.
Check below the official dates related to NSD Admission 2022.
|Availability of application form||Jan 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form||Feb 2022|
|Date of preliminary test||2nd week of May 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022|
|Announcement of result||Last week of June 2022|
|Date of workshop||1st week of July 2022|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of August 2022|
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to be apply for NSD Admission 2022 process:
- The candidates of Indian as well as foreign nationalities are eligible for NSD admission.
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates should be 18 years and 30 years respectively as on 1st July 2022.
- A relaxation will be given in the upper age limit to the reserved category candidates as per the rules of Government of India.
- Candidates must hold a graduation degree from a recognized university in India or abroad.
- The applicants shortlisted for admission need to undergo a medical test for physical fitness.
- Final selection of the candidates is subject to clearance of the fitness test.
- Participation in at least 6 theatre productions is required.
- The candidates must have working knowledge of Hindi/ English.
- 3 recommendations from theatre experts will be required.
- Documentary proof of the theatre experience is also mandatory.
The application form for NSD Admission 2022 will be released in both online and offline mode. Candidates are free to fill and submit their applications via any mode as per their convenience.
Online application process:
- Candidates can obtain the online application form by visiting the official website of National School of Drama www.onlineadmission.nsd.gov.in.
- In the application form, the candidates should provide their basic personal and educational details.
- Copies of important documents such as photograph and signature will also be uploaded in scanned format.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, it can be submitted online.
- Along with the form, the candidates also need to submit an amount of Rs. 50/- as application fee.
- The application fee payment will also be online and can be done using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Offline application process:
- The candidates can obtain the application form via post by sending a request for the same.
- Request for the application form should be written to The Dean, Academic, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi – 110001.
- A crossed demand draft/ pay order of Rs. 225/- payable at Delhi in favor of The Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi must also be sent.
- Candidates must provide all the details as asked in the application form carefully and correctly.
- Duly-filled application form along with copy of all the important documents should be sent to the NSD.
The offline application form should be sent to the following address:
The Academic Section,
National School of Drama,
Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001
The NSD exam is likely to be conducted at the following centers:
- Preliminary test: The preliminary test will be held at the following centers: Bhubaneswar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Patna
- Final test: The final round will be held only at the National School of Drama, Delhi.
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in written test, practical test and analytical capacity test. The candidates qualifying these tests will have to attend a workshop of 5 days in the School premises, New Delhi for their final selection.
- Written test: Critical aptitude of the candidates and their power of expression in English and Hindi will be assessed.
- Practical test: The candidates will have to prepare one dramatic and one poetry passage to be enacted. Ability to sing, play instrument, express directorial ideas, etc will be assessed through this test.
- Analytical capacity test: This test will assess the general knowledge of the candidates related to theatre and other performing arts and the candidates’ idea and the capability to express them.
Final test/ Workshop
- The candidates qualifying the written, practical and analytical capacity test will be invited to attend the workshop at the NSD.
- An expert committee constituted by the School will assess the aptitude and talent of the candidates.
- Candidates shortlisted for the workshop will be paid D.A. and 3 tier Sleeper class train/ bus fare from the place of their residence to Delhi & back by the shortest route.
- Accommodation on modest sharing basis will also be provided to such candidates.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the test and workshop and their experience, background, etc, final selection will be done.