Candidates preparing for NMIMS NPAT exam should know the NMIMS NPAT syllabus 2022 as prescribed by the authority to excel in the exam. The syllabus will entail the topics that the candidates must go through for the exam. It is important for the students to prepare for the entrance exam strictly according to the syllabus decided by the authority. Knowing the syllabus will help them in fetching good marks in the exam. Applicants should also take a look at the exam pattern to know about the structure in which the questions will be asked. To know more on the NMIMS NPAT syllabus 2022, go through the complete article.
NMIMS NPAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of NPAT exam will comprise of the subjects quantitative and numerical ability, reasoning and general intelligence, English language, spatial ability and visualization, general awareness and design and problem solving. The exam will be conducted in online mode and candidates will be given 100 minutes to finish the paper. Those opting for B.Des will be given 90 minutes for the same. Candidates should also go through the NMIMS NPAT exam pattern to understand the overall structure of the exam. Here are the topics candidates need to study to qualify the exam with flying colors-
Syllabus for Paper-I
- Quantitative and numerical ability: Fractions, surds, number series, profit and loss, compound interest, simple interest, ratio and proportions, time and work, areas and volumes, basic algebraic identities, linear equations, mead, mode and median, trigonometric ratios, identities, functions, Venn diagrams etc.
- General intelligence and reasoning: Decision making, verbal logical reasoning, data sufficiency, data interpretation, figure analogy, direction sense, blood relations, seating arrangement, syllogism, classification etc.
- English language: Spotting error, word meanings, applied grammar, English vocabulary, jumble words, sentence rearrangement, comprehensions etc.
Syllabus for Paper-II
- Spatial ability and visualization: Basic mechanics, knowledge of forms and materials, concepts of pattern in data, interpretation of space, constructivism, orthographic representations, isometric representation, perspectives, principles of design, semiotics, syntax and semantics, Huxley-Lester model, Gestalt principles of perceptions, cognitive perceptions, etc.
- Observation and problem solving: Ability to detect complexity/problems related to ease-of-use of Modern/day to day devices, ability to understand spatial relations among 2D and 3D objects, creative problem solving techniques, bottom-top and top-bottom approach, knowledge of spatial composition, color preferences, use of design elements, designs and perception principles, spatial properties, cultural preferences, and structured design process.
- General awareness and design: Green design, process and product changes, inclusive design for social and cultural sustainability, visual culture, isometric representation, art movements and periods etc.