NMAT 2023: Qualifying the NMAT exam opens the doors to the leading management programmes offered in India. Candidates who wish to get enrolment into the top business schools can apply for the NMAT 2023 exam. The online registration is expected to begin from the month of July 2022. The exam will be conducted as a computer-based test going to be held from October 2022 to December 2022. Candidates can appear for the exam at any schedule decided by them as per their convenience and availability.
- The candidates will be allowed to take the NMAT exam a maximum of three times during the year’s testing period.
- Except school preference, no other details in the registration form can be changed after its submission.
- Multiple registrations for the test should be avoided by the candidates as it can lead to rejection of forms and forfeiting of fees.
- The candidates must get the admit card signed and stamped by the test administrator and keep it safe with them as it will be required at the time of retake exam (if someone needs or wants to appear).
- In case the candidates complete a section before its time expires, any balance time will not be added to the next sections.
- Accommodations can be arranged for the candidates with disability to ensure that they receive the required help at test centers.
- A test taker can schedule the retake test for a date minimum 15 days later than the previous test.
NMAT 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the tentative dates related to NMAT 2023:
|Activities||Begins from||Last date|
|Online registration process||July 2022, 1st week||October 2022, 1st week|
|Exam date scheduling||July 2022, 1st week||October 2022, 3rd week|
|Rescheduling for exam||July 2022, 1st week||December 2022, 3rd week|
|Late registration for exam||October 2022, 1st week||October 2022, 3rd week|
|Retake exam registration||October 2022, 1st week||December 2022, 3rd week|
|Retake exam scheduling||October 2022, 1st week||December 2022, 3rd week|
|Date of admission test||October 2022, 1st week||December 2022, 3rd week|
|Announcement of result||January 2023, 3rd week||December 2022, 3rd week|
|Last date to download the score card||March 2023, last week||January 2023, 3rd week|
NMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria to appear for NMAT 2023 have been laid down below:
- The candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university in order to appear for the admission test.
- In addition to this, the candidates are also suggested to check the specific eligibility of the business school they wish to send their reports to.
NMAT 2023 Registration Process
- In order to register for the exam, the candidates will first have to create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Personal and academic information about the candidates along with the details of work experience will be asked into the form.
- Candidates also need to provide the list of the programmes to which they wish to send their scores to.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format also need to be uploaded into the registration form.
- Once all the required details into the application form, the candidates can submit it with the application fee.
- Once the payment is done, the schedule exam option will be activated in candidate’s dashboard and they can proceed with scheduling the exam.
- After successful registration at the NMAT website, the candidates need to visit the participating school website and complete the application registration process.
- The candidates will receive an email with unique registration number after the process of registration is successfully over.
The NMAT 2023 entrance test for different services is mentioned below:
|Registration fee||Rs. 2000/-|
|Late registration fee||Rs. 2500/-|
|Retake fee||Rs. 2000/-|
|Rescheduling fee||Rs. 1100/-|
|Additional score reports (after first five)||Rs. 200/- per score report|
*In addition to the prescribed fee, the candidates will also have to pay any applicable taxes.
Payment of application fee can be done online using the facility of internet banking or via debit card/ credit card.
NMAT 2023 Admit Card
- Once the registration process is over, the candidates can book their schedule for test based on availability.
- After the schedule is booked, the admit card of the candidates will appear in their dashboard.
- Candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates should also carry a photo identity proof (the details of which should be provided into the registration form) with them.
- Without these documents, the candidates will not be allowed to take their exam.
NMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for NMAT 2023 is provided below:
- Exam duration: 120 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 360
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to the candidates for each right answer
- Negative marking: There is no provision for negative marking for wrong answer
|Topics||No. of questions||Duration||Maximum marks|
|Language Skills||32 questions||22 minutes||96 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||38 minutes||120 marks|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||60 minutes||144 marks|
|Total||120 questions||120 minutes||360 marks|
Expected Test Centers
The management admission test is expected to be conducted in the following cities:
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|
|West||Aurangabad, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
NMAT 2023 Result
- The scores of the test will be published on the official website nmat.org.in around 4-5 weeks after the exam date.
- An email regarding the availability of the scores will be sent to the candidates on their registered email address.
- Candidates will be able to download their score card by logging into your NMAT account.
- The score card will contain the total score, scaled score for each section and the percentile ranking.
- Once the final percentile score is announced, the scores of the candidates will be sent to the schools opted by them in the registration form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How can I register for retake exam?
Answer: The retake registration option will be enabled in your dashboard after your exam date is over. You need to simply click on the retake button and pay the specified retake test amount.
Question 2: What documents can be carried at the exam center as identity proof?
Answer: The candidates can carry any of the following documents as a valid id proof:
- Passport (containing name and photo)
- PAN Card (containing name and photo)
- Voter’s ID Card (containing name and photo)
- UID/ Aadhaar Card (containing name and photo)
- Debit Card/ Credit Card (containing name and signature)
- Driver’s License (containing name and signature)
Question 3: After registration, I found out that I do not fulfill the eligibility for the school that I want to get enrolled in. what should I do now?
Answer: Once the registration is complete, you won’t be able to get a refund for the registration fee that you submitted. What you can do now is that you can change the school preference provided in your application form and select the schools for which you are eligible.
Question 4: Can a test taker re-schedule the test?
Answer: A test taker can re-schedule the test 72 hours or more prior to the scheduled appointment upon payment of the applicable fee, subject to availability of seats.