NMAT by GMAC is conducted every year at a national level to shortlist the candidates for admission into MBA degree programme. Enrolment is granted into the different leading management institutes of the country. Final admission is offered on the basis of GD, PI, etc conducted as per the rules of the institute in which admission is to be granted. The NMAT 2022 exam will be conducted from 11th January to 15th January 2022 in online mode. Candidates can apply for the same from 3rd August 2021, that too in online mode.
Latest: The additional registration for NMAT 2022 has been started from 3rd January and end by 9th January 2022.
NMAT application form is now available.
NMAT 2022 Major Highlights
- The candidates are allowed to take the NMAT exam a maximum of three times during the available testing window.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take the test on two consecutive days and will be required to wait for at least 15 days before appearing for the retake test.
- The differently-abled candidates who require special arrangements at the test centre can submit their request at the time of application.
- Once the candidates complete a section, whether voluntarily to move to the next section or the allotted time ran out, they will not be able to return to that section.
- For any query related to registration, payment, test scheduling, rescheduling, etc, the candidates can contact the NMAT helpdesk.
NMAT Important Dates 2022
The official dates related to NMAT 2022 are provided below. The actual dates will be updated after the official announcement is made.
|Events||Commencing date||Closing date|
|Online registration for exam||3rd August 2021||10th November 2021|
|Scheduling for exam||3rd August 2021||17th November 2021|
|Rescheduling||3rd August 2021||24th December 2021|
|Late registration||11th November 2021||15th November 2021|
|Registration for retake exam||15th October 2021||24th December 2021|
|Scheduling for retake exam||15th October 2021||24th December 2021|
|Exam date||14th October 2021||27th December 2021|
|Last date for downloading scorecard||—||—|
NMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the specific eligibility criteria of the institute they wish to send their reports to. The basic eligibility to appear for NMAT 2022 is a bachelor’s degree in any field of a minimum duration 3 years done from a recognized university.
Candidates can obtain the online application form for NMAT 2022 from the official website nmat.org.in. The candidates are advised to make sure that they meet all the prescribed eligibility standards before applying for the exam.
- Using the first name, last name, country, mobile number, email id and a password of choice, the candidates can register themselves.
- An authentication email will be sent to the registered email address and after successful validation, candidates can open the application form.
- Using the email id and password the candidates can login into their NMAT account to fill details into the application form.
- Applicants need to provide their personal information, contact information, educational details, work experience, programme/ school preference, etc into the form.
- The duly filled application form can be submitted along with the required fees.
- Upon successful submission, a unique registration number will be generated that will be used for any further correspondence and therefore must be kept safe.
- Candidates can edit certain sections like school preference and communication preferences in their registration form even after submission of registration fee.
Application & other fees:
Payment of the fees can be done through online mode using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ American Express Card/ Diners Card, IMPS, UPI and Mobile Wallets.
The structure of fee to be submitted at the time of registration is given in the table below:
|Registration fee||Rs. 2000/- + applicable taxes|
|Late registration fee||Rs. 2500/- + applicable taxes|
|Retake fee||Rs. 2000/- + applicable taxes|
|Rescheduling fee||Rs. 1100/- + applicable taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (after first five)||Rs. 200/- per score report + applicable taxes|
Scheduling of test
- Once the application process is completed, the candidates can schedule their exams.
- To schedule the exam, the candidates will have to login into their NMAT 2022 account.
- Through the scheduling exam tab in candidate dashboard available in the account the candidates can book exam slot.
- Candidates will get to choose the date, time slot and location of their choice on a First come First Serve basis.
- Picking a schedule for the exam will subject to availability of the seats.
NMAT Exam Pattern 2022
The NMAT 2022 exam pattern overview is given below as:
- Mode of exam: Computer-based test
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 360
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Duration||Maximum marks|
|Language Skills||32||22 Minutes||96|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes||120|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 Minutes||144|
- Candidates are required to download their NMAT 2022 admit card by logging into their NMAT account.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken after download to be carried to the exam center.
- Along with the admit card, printout or soft copy (in mobile) of confirmation email, photo ID (original and photocopy) must also be carried to the exam center.
- Applicants who fail to bring any of the documents mentioned above will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The candidates must not damage or lose their admit card and to be safe from this, they are advised to take multiple printouts.
NMAT 2022 Result
- The result of NMAT 2022 exam will be declared online within 4 to 5 weeks after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates will also be notified through email about the announcement of the result.
- Applicants will be able to download their score card by logging into their NMAT account.
- The score card will consist of the scaled score for each section, the total score and the percentile ranking of the candidates.
- Once the final percentile score is announced, the scores will be sent to the schools selected at the time of application.